2021 Gainbridge LPGA

MattyD-MPLS

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
The greatest women’s golfer of all time, Annika Sorenstam will be making here return to the LPGA Tour for the first time in 13 years. It sounds like it is a warm up to get her game ready for the Senior Women’s US Open later this year.

Madelene Sagstrom is the defending champion. She posted a very emotional video this week with her struggles in life due to a sexual assault while she was a young child.

Will you be watching?

I remember watching her play at the "Dinah Shore/Kraft Nabisco/Ana Inspiration" when I lived out in Palm Springs through the early 2000's. She was just a different level above the other players. Happy to see Annika back on the course.

i had the good fortune of meeting Annika at an event in Orlando several years ago. She was so freaking cool. It was a corporate event, but she made her way around to everyone individually, asked them questions, and just spent a little time with everyone. Then later in the day we played golf and played one hole with Annika. She remembered details about every one of us. She's the best!

nona is not the hardest golf course, so i expect the ladies to tear it up. this past weekend we were at a new friend's house who lives on the course. he said it's in the best shape he's ever seen it. the ladies and their caddies were walking the course with yardage books, doing homework and getting ready. it was pretty cool!

Going to watch the replay on the Golf Channel at 700. LPGA golf is great like the Prime Time replays.

Definitely going to watch. It will be cool to see Annika back out there competing with the young guns. A lot of great talent on the LPGA right now.

Tuned in at 7 to watch it on tape delay and they were yapping about other junk until now. Finally getting to watch a little LPGA action.

i'll definitely be checking out some of this tournament... lots of golf to watch this week/weekend!

Just sitting down after making Brinner for my girls.

It is crazy to see the best in the world like Yani Tseng lose it completely. It seems to happen more with women.

Holy cow! The condition at Lake Nona look awesome! The interesting greensides look fun.

Has anyone noticed the sweet Swag bag from Anna Nordquist?

They showed an interview with Annika on Golf Central before the tournament coverage started. She was very forthright and realistic about the state of her game and her expectations this week. She has also been very clear that this is an “appearance”, not a “comeback”.

Annika made the weekend! Would like to see Lydia Ko close it out!

Just sat down to watch this on the Golf Channel. We arent going anywhere tonight so this is perfect.

shaping up to be a fun sunday

This course isn't that easy, and these girls are making it look kick in birdie city. Goodness gracious.

shaping up to be a fun sunday
Nelly and Lydia have a good battle going on, but Patty Tavatanakit made a huge move today to get into the final group. Should be an interesting finish tomorrow!

Looks like Lydia Ko was bumped from the final group by Angel Yin. Final group will be N. Korda, Tavatanakit, and Yin. Second to last group will be Lydia Ko, Jin Young Ko and Lexi Thompson. 7 players within 4 strokes at the top of the leaderboard, bombs away!

Back