Well, considering that I am 68 year old, my off season goals have pretty much shifted to maintenance! I do not want to decline any further than I have! I don't expect to advance much further in the game, just want to stay pretty much where I am.

Be alive to see 2022? Being ill changes your outlook.

I have played enough golf finally for my HC (unofficial) to trend the way I’m currently playing. Lower? WTF? I understand that it only takes 40% of your most recent scores, but anyone can see that I was either in the 70’s or 90+ all year. Not a single round in the 80’s.

So screw it, I know it takes on a life if it’s own and only represents your ability on good days but I’d feel a little silly listing 7 as my HC and posting a 104.

I’d rather just say, on good days I’m decent on bad days I’m an utter hack. I go throwing out 7HC and I go over 90? Yeah, no.
I really wish they’d just average out the last 20 rounds. For someone that’s only played 12ish rounds a year for the past 2 years, I’m either on or I’m not. There’s no middle ground. I either am mid 70’s or even less and Covid virtual high fiving everyone after the round or I look like someone shot my dog and my score is 90+

@Smiter I’m not a super religious person but I keep you in my prayers when I remember too. I know you have a young adult son and I’m sure that’s the toughest part about this. I hope you stay healthy enough to experience grandkids and play plenty of golf in 2021 and beyond!

@Smiter, I'm planning to tee it up with you in 2031.

I want to get consistent enough with my swing that I can justify getting fit for irons. I also want to stay healthy and employed during this craziness.

To putt better. Hands down that is where I need the most improvement.

Ive only really been golfing for 5 or 6 months outside of the odd round here and there over the years so my main goals are to take some lessons, golf more, have some fun and hopefully find a swing along the way

My 2021 golf goal is to get out and golf. have some wants, but really just need to play.

My 2021 goal is to break 95 on a legit course. I know that’s a weird number, but I think breaking 100 is too easy (especially since I’ve done it recently) and breaking 90 is too unrealistic.

The goal I’d like to set is to have more rounds under 100 than over, but I also think that’s too unrealistic.

Adding a couple of specific goals for 2021. I like getting into competitive golf, something I have found to be very different from recreational golf. In 2021 I want to play in the State Mid Am and Senior Am tournaments. The Senior Am is the largest golf tournament in the state and is played each year over three days on three different courses. I also played in my course championship last year for the first time. I loved it. I ended up in the 1st flight after the championship group. In 2021 I want to play in the championship group. This will be a tall, maybe impossible goal as that group is dominated by college players. I like having some specific goals like this. It helps me stay motivated and keep working on the game. And, I get to play new courses and meeting lots of golfers. That's the biggest win for me. :cool:

1) Stay healthy
2) Play at least as much as I did this year (so ~150 rounds minimum)
3) Have fun every time I play
4) Bonus points if I can beat my current low HI (15.8), and get my HI below 15

more consistency, get the vaccine so I can go to golf school and lower my Ghin to 6 from 9.5

On just the 4th day of the new year, I have another golf goal for 2021. I would like to have a reason / need to purchase a travel cover for my golf bag and clubs. I had thought that I was going to get one and use it in 2020, but I never ended up needing one. It's been on my list to purchase since the beginning of last year. Hopefully, this is the year.

Back