short.jpg

Driver......

chris.jpg

No driver.....

spencer.jpg

Hope that helps.

Just noticed Zack's tee midflight.

tee.jpg

Question for current participants and hopefuls.

With the announcement of the new super hybrid, and being mindful of the challenges of new to you equipment, what club do you expect to be using off the tee at the hideaway?

are you ripping your newly fitted driver all week?

Strictly irons off the tee?

Fairway woods and the super hybrid? A combo of them all depending on the hole?

One club less the @JasonFinleyCG on every hole just for mental warfare?

Plenty of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?
I have been playing the smart route lately 5 wood off to tee giving me a full 8-pw into most par 4's . But I do let the big dog eat on occasion and on the par 5's he's growling . Hybrid or Super hybrid has been my friend for many a year, all though it's a different company my understanding is that it is derived from my current model. If I was lucky enough to get picked, paired with @JasonFinleyCG I would show no mercy need my redemption from the Gauntlet . It game time now , eyes on the prize .

Last edited:
Driver all day!

With the announcement of the new super hybrid, and being mindful of the challenges of new to you equipment, what club do you expect to be using off the tee at the hideaway?

Plenty of options on a course that will require a plethora of shots! What say you THP?

Contrary to what the boys saw in Chicago, driver is my best club. I'll hit driver anywhere but on par 3's.

I am however, extremely excited for the super hybrid. There are none around me to demo, so who knows if it will actually be good for me.

I love hitting the bombs, but a lot of par 4's lately, i know i can hit 3 wood or 5 iron off the tee box and have no more than 7-8 irons into the green

I love hitting the bombs, but a lot of par 4's lately, i know i can hit 3 wood or 5 iron off the tee box and have no more than 7-8 irons into the green

that’s my thing. With the pressure that the Gdaddy brings I want to hit whatever is safest that’s gonna leave me 8 iron or in and I have a feeling the super hybrid may fit that bill.

For the past participants, what cell service is best/worst in that area?

I have ATT and never have had any issues even when visiting family near mountain regions.

I have ATT and never have had any issues even when visiting family near mountain regions.

I had Sprint and there were a few spots on the course where I didn't have service, but those were relatively small.

Great question Dennis! I also have AT&T. Hopefully it will be good!

Verizon was pretty solid in 2018

Trying to get caught up after a crazy weekend at Pinehurst.. i love seeing extra pages of posts in here!!

I read that like... hitting more fairways... with the hybrids in the bag.
I'm one who is very curious about the superhybrids. 5 years ago my hybrid was my main club off the tee. After several years of lessons and grinding away at my swing I don't currently have a hybrid in my bag. I'm exciting to see how the top end of my bag shakes out at the ECPC.

As long as the driver is working then it is getting a workout.

@MattyD-MPLS you will love it. Nothing like playing golf in PS with the snowcapped mountains (Mt. San Jacinto) in the background.

I haven't played a lot near mountains so it will be cool to see!

Final member of the team is announced!

@MattyD-MPLS and @dacatalyst41 will have their work cut out as its a really new THPer that got the lucky win.

Final member of the team is announced!

@MattyD-MPLS and @dacatalyst41 will have their work cut out as its a really new THPer that got the lucky win.
We're up for the challenge as long as he understands Rule #1. :ROFLMAO:
The team is complete! Let's GOOOOOO!

If you made it this far, and most of you have not and already left the page when your name wasn't on it, if these boys do an amazing job, we can run the Grandaddy again next year and one of the contests might actually be in the live update thread. So follow it, engage with the team and the event and you could be going next year.
Quoted from the announcement thread

We are up to the task! We won't let you, Callaway or the rest of THP down!

We are ready for this and will definitely be bringing it back for 2022.

Full team and this is going to be fun to follow!

Back