EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Haven’t touched a club since my scramble on 9/4. Haven’t played a real round since 8/29. This is not OK!!

Vacations give you time to relax and reignite your passion for the game.

love seeing the team complete! what is everyone doing to prep now that you’re in the home stretch?!
I am still playing as much as I can. Which is 2-4 times a week.

love seeing the team complete! what is everyone doing to prep now that you’re in the home stretch?!

Going to try to keep playing at least once a week (twice if I'm lucky) through the fall as my schedule allows!

I hear Cincy is nice around the weekend of 10/9.;)

Really? I heard that rumor too! Also heard there's a couple nice golf courses in the area :sneaky:

I have played 3x times this week. That's the most I have played in a long time. Usually it's only a few times a month, if that.

Range tomorrow, 18 Saturday, range on Tuesday, practice 18 on Friday at tournament course, tournament on Saturday for my league year end. Thats my next 8 day schedule.

What ball would the participants and followers use out of the Callaway lineup and why?

CSX LS Triple Track.
My favorite ball I have ever played.

great feel and flight. I like a firmer ball, but never got along with the CSX. This bridged the gap for me and my game has never been sharper.

Member guest weekend with my father in law!
Saturday and Sunday full of golf.

Next scheduled round is a USO Golf Outing on 9.21 at Hartefeld National Country Club. However, I might try to play again this weekend.

This weekend is my inter-club Ryder Cup style event against our sister course. Should be a ton dog fun.

mostly, I’m really excited about how many competition match play events I have played in this year. I believe this weekend will be my 12th competitive match play round, and I’ve probably played 8 more casually.
Hopefully that keeps the nerves a tiny bit lower come December!

GD teammates, how are you all feeling about match play?

You know full well I stared at a golf course from my balcony every day, but didn’t get to play!
😂 I actually didn’t until you told me yesterday. I was on measly floor 15. 10 floors below you and did not see the course unless we drove by lol

Funny you say that! I was actually going to challenge the team to live post the next round they play. But doing it more than once would for sure better than just once

When you practice live updating, make sure you're doing it while you're driving to the next hole. Don't sit by the green and type out something nice and neat, just practice a quick update and a pic every few holes. You won't have time out there, outside of a quick blurb on the way to the next hole.

Some of us even had a partially filled form on Notes the we would copy and paste into the thread and fill in the scores. Something like:

Clive #5
THP 4
ZC 3
THP up 1

Then the next hole would just change the score and hole and move on.

Also, don't even have any thoughts of reading the live thread while you're playing. There's no chance you'll be able to. Just catch up at bedtime.

Another time saving tip….when you go into the breakfast room at The Hideaway, grab a slider and/or yogurt parfait and proceed downstairs to the pro shop. You have limited amount of time to shop and I found this was a good time to start the process.

Since they’ll have different items as they restock throughout the day, you’ll want to make multiple visits.

Member guest weekend with my father in law!
Saturday and Sunday full of golf.
Man, I miss those with my dad since his back went to crap. Enjoy the hell out of it.

Man, I miss those with my dad since his back went to crap. Enjoy the hell out of it.

I think I am down to my last 1 or 2 with my dad too. He almost didn't play this year. :( It is my favorite weekend of the year back home with him.

This weekend is my inter-club Ryder Cup style event against our sister course. Should be a ton dog fun.

mostly, I’m really excited about how many competition match play events I have played in this year. I believe this weekend will be my 12th competitive match play round, and I’ve probably played 8 more casually.

it all depends who I’m playing I guess lol!

I feel confident in matchplay right now if I’m getting pops. If I’m the one giving pops not so much. However I’m playing a very “safe” brand of golf right now so as long as the playing competitor isn’t firing birdies I like my chances.

What ball would the participants and followers use out of the Callaway lineup and why?

Myself it’s the CS Truvis currently and I’m planning on dabbling with the TT here shortly. Prefer the softer feel of the ball as compared to the X or LS at the moment and has a tick less spin off the driver.

right now I’m using the CSX Ls and I really like them. I keep them In play at a much higher clip than others in the lineup. A couple shots I hit well came off the face with a very low what I consider “top spin” ball flight. I hit one hybrid today that I thought I hit flush, but came off the face and seemed like a hook that went straight?

It had some serious ball speed and probably carried just over 200 yards, landed in the FW and rolled out another 60-70 yards. I’ll take it, but not ideal.

i think I still prefer normal CSX, but the LS is a ball I may prefer in tournament play to keep it on course.

I am feeling supremely confident and completely unaware of my surroundings!

Match play. Pops or not: hit the little white ball and repeat.

absolutely love match play! Haven’t played in a match play event in a couple years, but always loved seeing the player I’m facing and getting to put the pressure on and also feeling the pressure when I have to follow up a big putt or a tight approach!!

For any of my GD teammates playing this weekend, I'm going to post up a little challenge to live post it in the Live Round Thread. I know not everyone will be posting the scores during the event but doesn't hurt for everyone to get better at it now! I will be playing Sunday morning and will live post that round (regardless of how I play)!

Last edited:
For any of my GD teammates playing this weekend, I'm going to post up a little challenge to live post it. I know not everyone will be posting the scores during the event but doesn't hurt for everyone to get better at it now! I will be playing Sunday morning and will live post that round (regardless of how I play)!

I’m in! Tee time for 7:48am Sunday morning and will be posting as I go

For any of my GD teammates playing this weekend, I'm going to post up a little challenge to live post it. I know not everyone will be posting the scores during the event but doesn't hurt for everyone to get better at it now! I will be playing Sunday morning and will live post that round (regardless of how I play)!
1631912715443.gif

If you’re the one live posting scores. And you have good signal. Hot tip from @DannyLe , just snap a picture of the scorecard and upload between holes.
I find typing takes longer than uploading a photo.

Pretty good, league this year has been a great help since Vegas. Have really became a great gnat always hanging around even when things get shaky

Back