EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I know some of the Grandaddy guys are itching (and maybe screaming) to get their hands on some of Callaway’s 2021 releases. This is pretty much the apex of release season! Anyone looking to upgrade the bag with something epic or maybe something a little more OG?

(mostly) Full. Bag. Overhaul.
Now the Chicago will likely still be my gamer, but it will have some competition from the White Hot OG.
The SuperHybrid, MD5 54/58, and Chicago will carry over. Everything else changes when I go for a fitting in the next few weeks.

This is on my mind every single day. Still021C9E2F-790F-425C-9143-3978DC0359F0.jpeg

A nice win by a Callaway guy in Hawaii. Way to go, Kevin!
I am practicing walking it in on the putting mat. Will that practice translate onto the course? Time will tell.

This one and might i say one other, are two Experiences that i would dearly love to play in. Would be a career bucket list game....

I am practicing walking it in on the putting mat. Will that practice translate onto the course? Time will tell.
I actually did it on a simulator last night in a big alt shot match. Felt good! I felt like him for a second!

I'm really missing Granddaddy reviews this year. Can't wait to see what everyone has to say this week next year. Nothing like a bunch of guys who have already been playing the equipment for a month telling you about it the day it releases.

I know some of the Grandaddy guys are itching (and maybe screaming) to get their hands on some of Callaway’s 2021 releases. This is pretty much the apex of release season! Anyone looking to upgrade the bag with something epic or maybe something a little more OG?
I want to overhaul the bag for no good reason other than the new hotness looks 🔥 and the forgiveness looks much improved. Going to be a tough decision for you guys considering you’ve got a little over 10months to a new bag.

I'm really missing Granddaddy reviews this year. Can't wait to see what everyone has to say this week next year. Nothing like a bunch of guys who have already been playing the equipment for a month telling you about it the day it releases.
I think there is going to be plenty of Grandaddy crew reviews when release happens! A few of the guys are already talking about ordering irons!

I think there is going to be plenty of Grandaddy crew reviews when release happens! A few of the guys are already talking about ordering irons!

Talking, pondering, deciding then undeciding, wondering, researching, crying, laughing, pondering, calculating gaps and sets, deciding and the undeciding, sharing, talking, pondering.......etc. etc. etc.

Scrub. Rinse. Repeat.

Talking, pondering, deciding then undeciding, wondering, researching, crying, laughing, pondering, calculating gaps and sets, deciding and the undeciding, sharing, talking, pondering.......etc. etc. etc.

Scrub. Rinse. Repeat.
i see we share the same pondering techniques 😂💩😂

I was snooping through eBay for a Marxman putter and found something interesting! A headcover that looked identical to the one @Canadan sent me a few weeks ago with the Grandaddy G on it. Dan, were these the putters you guys got in December of 2016? I asked if I could see the other side of the cover but it sold before I got a response.
1611286190983.png

Lots of great discussions during Callaway Day today. Exciting for me, but I'm sure the 2021 Grandaddy participants had an even better time knowing whats coming!!

Anything you 2021 Grandaddy guys heard today that really stuck out, was interesting, or that you didnt know about Callaway before? What new release has you the most excited?

Lots and lots of contemplating, Cap! :) Not doing to much actual golf work except for keeping up on my workout schedule to get in better shape and get that SS up by Dec! ;)

That hits home. I went into an event out of golf shape and paid for it. I’d played three rounds prior that year. I won’t sign up for an event again unless I have the time leading into it to at least get the rust out (although traditionally those have been some of my best rounds)

It’s still pretty embarrassing to play worse than your partner who is 5 HC points above you or close to it.

I think it comes down to me playing enough in any given year to have my HC adjust to my current abilities. Take the end of this year, I played to - my last 54 holes or so. I’d have felt bad entering an event then as a 5. I was playing better than that.

Conversely early summer 2019 I was a 10 that was playing like a 15-20. It would be nice if the WHC committee could figure out a way to put some recency bias into their algorithm. For those of us that only play 12ish times a year, it matters. A lot. If I’m hot I’m decent. If I’m not, I’m hot trash.

Lots of great discussions during Callaway Day today. Exciting for me, but I'm sure the 2021 Grandaddy participants had an even better time knowing whats coming!!

Anything you 2021 Grandaddy guys heard today that really stuck out, was interesting, or that you didnt know about Callaway before? What new release has you the most excited?
The whole offering is crazy good, but I think it would be the apex irons for me. The combo set looks incredible.

I'm sure there are a lot of awesome new things in store, but for any team members that haven't tried the TT putter/ball combo, don't underestimate how much it can help your score.

The whole offering is crazy good, but I think it would be the apex irons for me. The combo set looks incredible.
Triple play??

For me, the intriguing combo is the Sweet Spot. Added forgiveness. Either way, love the combo offerings and their naming conventions!

I've hit the drivers and irons and I'm smitten with the Apex 21 irons. They are so easy to hit and will soon be in my bag!

Last edited:
I was snooping through eBay for a Marxman putter and found something interesting! A headcover that looked identical to the one @Canadan sent me a few weeks ago with the Grandaddy G on it. Dan, were these the putters you guys got in December of 2016? I asked if I could see the other side of the cover but it sold before I got a response.
View attachment 8989686
I don’t think we had to use available at the time. The micro hinge was very new and options were limited.

I’ve been resisting (and this ain’t easy) buying a new driver as my previous one I can hit appx the same distance as my 7i.

I need to get outside. I can never get the right tee height inside. I’ve crowned most every driver indoors where a low tee just isn’t. My last sim session I hit my last one 281 and walked off. The other 3 were less than 250. One or two embarrassingly shy of that number.

I’m thinking “new” for me is probably an Epic Flash SZ with the Hulk in 6.0 (yes I’m a hulk 6.0 guy now, not 7.0-or 6.5 after they did away with the “manly” designation). Sorry, I guess I belong in JT’s thread. Wait a sec... I’ve got an idea for a thread that should be fun....

Posted next, “Late Night Musings” coming along shortly (sorry to make you mods spend the entire night up ready to tell me to shut it, 😂).

What new release has you the most excited?
Any other year I would say driver but these irons are going to be something special. I'm still fighting inside my own head whether I buy a set of them knowing full well I have a new set coming in December as well. But that's how incredible they sounded during the presentation that we got. Now getting all the great info/numbers from the tech studio and from THPers that have hit them is making it even harder to resist jumping in.

There is something else that I'm really excited about too! Still too early to talk about it though :censored:

Triple play??

For me, the intriguing combo is the Sweet Spot. Added forgiveness. Either way, love the combo offerings and their naming conventions!

Not the Triple play for me. I was thinking 5-7 apex and apex Pros 8-AW and Apex 21* hybrid.

Not the Triple play for me. I was thinking 5-7 apex and apex Pros 8-AW
Same here! Though the streams today are pushing the full pros pretty hard lol

Not the Triple play for me. I was thinking 5-7 apex and apex Pros 8-AW and Apex 21* hybrid.

I could dig this setup but I’d want a 4i. I don’t feel right with less than a 3i in my bag, but can forgive that as today’s 4i’s are the same loft or less.

Back