EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Dang. I just read @mikeg_74 reply and I could feel just how brutal that was for him.

He’s been there twice so well done sir! But that excludes him under current rules (I think) from going again.

The rest of us feel the prayer of hope.

Love seeing this pop up!!!

Dream of a lifetime for the lucky participants! Hope to be one of the lucky few one of these years.

This is going to be just so so good....

As I was getting started for my day today, I got a calendar notification on my phone (@xThor our iphones wanted to rub it in :LOL:) that my flight down to California for the Grandmama was supposed to happen tomorrow. That should be a pretty big bummer but honestly, it's not for a few reasons.

The first being that in the last couple months, I've gotten to know @xThor @Tevenor and @93civiccpe and was fully ready to take this experience on with great new friends and help bring the forum along as best as we could. Though we aren't bringing you any information directly from an event tomorrow (we will still be bringing some pretty killer info in the next couple months) I didn't lose the friends I was going to experience it with. Which leads me to my next reason I'm not bummed.

We get to go to the freaking Grandaddy! And we get to all continue our journey together! I can't tell you how excited I am about that. But in being given access to the Grandaddy, we also were given new teammates, and already new friends, with @MattyD-MPLS @dacatalyst41 and @RealPretendPsychic . They allowed us to jump in to their group chat and we all clicked instantly. They have been incredible at getting us up to speed and just being damn awesome people in general! While we've been chatting about getting the rest of the squad filled out, I wasn't totally sure how many more teammates we'd be getting with it being an odd situation. But now that we know six more people will be joining us, we couldn't be more excited!

Like @JB said, we have big shoes to fill. We understand that and are up to the challenge. I have a feeling that this team is going to be special! These events are all about the people and the friendships we are able to build after all. Good luck to all who put their name in!

Last edited:
When was it that the fake snake kept getting put behind people? I cant find the videos of them

Dang. I just read @mikeg_74 reply and I could feel just how brutal that was for him.

He’s been there twice so well done sir! But that excludes him under current rules (I think) from going again.

The rest of us feel the prayer of hope.

to be clear it wasn't brutal at all. The event and the whole experience is amazing. I will tell everyone who enters, if you go in only focused on the golf and the score after 18 holes, you are doing it wrong because this event is bigger than the golf. The golf is just a small part of the experience.

Great to see this post. 6 more THPers will be chosen for a mind blowing experience. Yeah, buddy!

The Grandaddy has always been billed as the experience of a lifetime for those fortunate enough to be selected. Every live update thread has lived up to that expectation and I know this year will be no different!

So much to do and see and follow in the Live Update thread, I know I will be enjoying every moment of this; I can only imagine how amazing it will be for the lucky participants who get to go.

Excited to follow this thread as the team continues to shape up.
So far seems like a pretty awesome group of guys.
The opportunity to follow along on the forum brings so much joy i cant imagine the reality of the situation if I happened to be picked.

6 coveted spots remain... Oh my!

to be clear it wasn't brutal at all. The event and the whole experience is amazing. I will tell everyone who enters, if you go in only focused on the golf and the score after 18 holes, you are doing it wrong because this event is bigger than the golf. The golf is just a small part of the experience.

Nah, just saying that being there twice, knowing the experience, has to be tough on ya to sit out.

You’ve represented the “G” as well as anyone ever could my man! I think you’re fairly local, we’ll have to get in a round some day.

Always incredible to see Grandaddy threads pop up on the feed. The 2021 team is already chalked full of a bunch of awesome THPers and there are 6 more to be added!

A whole year's worth of prep for this...can't wait to follow along!

The OG was the event that drew me in to THP. I am glad to see that it will be making a surely triumphant return in 2021!

Always a great follow, watching and waiting for the next participants to get chosen. 🔥

Those that are already selected, a full year to bounce ideas off each other and develop that team mentality and friendships is just incredible. I am thankful that we had extra time doing so for The Morgan Cup this year. 👊

Seeing these thread brings back such a rush of great memories. I wish I was as articulate as some other Grandaddy alumni when explaining this event but I can say it was truly life changing. I've made new brother's for life, many that I've spoken to every single day since I was chosen on June 26th, 2018. Some of my most vivid memories came from that week and will go to my grave with me. We were wined, dined and shown the time of our lives. It's unreal the impact it's made.

It's a funny feeling knowing I likely will never experience anything like that again in my life but on the flip side I'm also so excited to know that others get to go through this.

For those that are already a part of the team my advice is to soak in every day of it from now until it's finished because it's going to fly by. Enjoy your teammates and the ride you're going on together. And to those hopefuls make sure to give it your all when the contests pop up. For both groups remember to be a true THPer and represent well at all times.

I'm pumped to watch this play out for 2021 and can't wait to follow along!

Looks like a great starting lineup! Hopefully i'll be lucky enough to earn a place on the roster!

When was it that the fake snake kept getting put behind people? I cant find the videos of them

It will be on page 100 or so.

Back