EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Or making back to back birdies and getting no blood in the match. That happened to me in my year end league championship match. It's a really fun format that you can never let up on.
We barely won a 4 ball match after we birdied 4 out of 5 holes because a guy we played birdied the same hole. Super impressive.

Imagine making a 10 and it having very little effect on the match. Just 1 hole.
It's the best.
It can be easier said than done though, at least for mental midgets (like me). I started Sunday Singles at The Grandaddy with a mercy double, followed by another double. I managed to win the following 2 holes with a par and a birdie to get back to all square - but the match never felt all square. I was on my heels and hanging on for dear life lol.

I’m confident the belt is coming back to team THP this year. The team looks solid. @JB is it like the Stanley cup? Meaning that each member gets to spend a week with the belt over the summer, haha

I’m confident the belt is coming back to team THP this year. The team looks solid. @JB is it like the Stanley cup? Meaning that each member gets to spend a week with the belt over the summer, haha
Up to the team really, but an important caveat, people’s lives change. They may have every plan to come back and be active and then life sets in. I would hate to see this event go away because of that. So I would say most likely the answer is TBD.

You guys crack me up on the budgeting for stuff. I don't understand what the problem is... Clearly they just gave it to you guys, or it was part of the "Welcome package" etc. Maybe you even won it. Maybe someone went and bought you stuff for being a good teammate. None... All.... Some... Some of these ideas could work!

Up to the team really, but an important caveat, people’s lives change. They may have every plan to come back and be active and then life sets in. I would hate to see this event go away because of that. So I would say most likely the answer is TBD.

Another 4 letter word just like golf.

So has all the team members been chosen?

I listened to the podcast this morning and this trip was spoken about
Sorry for the dumb question

Last edited:

6 spots left on team, so still a chance to earn your spot in a contest!

Nope. Typically people win their spots throughout the year via various contests.

We all had a little 1:1 time with it at the after round dinner, drive back on the bus, and evening cocktail session. Captain @Canadan took it home with him for safe keeping post event (we got updates of how the belt was doing via its personal Twitter lol) before it was sent back to live on for another year and another fantastic event. While it was awesome to win, the experience as a whole outshines any individual moment.

I'll actually enjoyed the last days updates on matches and pictures from the players.
Good stuff all around.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

6 spots left on team, so still a chance to earn your spot in a contest!

Nope, not at all. Check out the first post and it’ll have all the details including the remaining spots left. The team updates it every time a spot is filled and the contests are pretty active threads so they’ll usually be pretty visible on the forum. Thanks for following along on our journey and definitely keep an eye out for contests!

Others have already answered but I just wanted to say there are no dumb questions! Jump in and ask what you got! We got plenty of people willing to help answer!

Ive actually never played in a match play setting.

It's actually an incredibly fun format. One blow up hole won't typically kill you. Just keep your head screwed on straight, and refocus if you have a bad one.

I started singles off conceding two of the first four holes thanks to a rough start. When it was obvious I wasn't going to take it, just picked up and moved on. Saved me from having to look at a 9 or 10 on the card. Both results were the same...lost the hole. But an "x" looked better from a mental standpoint. Rough start, but ended up having a shot of going to 18 all square. You just never know what will happen in match play.

Finley with a cap north of 6..... like bringing the fox to the henhouse 😜 Let the psychological warfare begin

Finley with a cap north of 6..... like bringing the fox to the henhouse 😜 Let the psychological warfare begin
If you kept it to Hideaway rounds his cap would be +2 ;)

What Callaway ball did you last play?

The last round I used the Chrome soft x but have been testing both this winter. Would like to try the CSX LS too!

The last round I used the Chrome soft x but have been testing both this winter. Would like to try the CSX LS too!
Still have a few dozen Supersofts that I mash into the net on the sim. I am breaking a couple each week; I need to figure out when to dump them in the shag bag before that happens. I plan to do some testing with chrome soft and CSX in the near future!

The last Callaway ball I used was a CS. Looking to try some more this year, because I played it with good results, although limited holes.

Chromesoft. I need to get my hands on a sleeve of CSX.
May have to check golf galaxy again this weekend.

Played the CSX LS on Sunday. So far I like it the best of the 3 Chrome Soft balls in the lineup. Further testing needed if it will be the ball I play majority of the year.

Playing the Chrome Soft right now. Love the feel. May be the gamer this year.

CSX Hot Chicken Special, but I'm ready to put the LS into the bag this weekend!

Back