EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

The team is absolutely buzzing about our opportunity! We may be slightly quite in the thread right now but we do have stuff coming down the pipeline to get people engaged!

We will get on it and do a better job of bringing the energy we have in our group chat, here to the forum to make sure everyone is involved! And it sounds like we will have ANOTHER teammate here soon. Keep em coming!

fwiw I wasn’t speaking about on this thread haha

THPers attacking the next contest like:

fd7229b2b9015835ce1e235d3cbd84e3_w200.gif

Sounds like the team needs a wild card thrown in there!

With only 4 spots left to fill it is getting close. Always fun when new contests pop up.

I was talking to a few guys on Saturday at a Golf outing about different courses and clubs. One guy was showing us his Epic Flash driver explaining how he is hitting it better than anything else. Next thing you know I mentioned this forum and the GD, a few more people walk over as I try to give the elevator speech about the GD before the 9 am shotgun start. They couldn't believe it and I wouldn't be surprised if you see a few new members join the forum this week.

i'm still kinda in shock and checked the main page again to make sure my name was still on it or if last week was a blur.

So here’s a question for everyone.

Let’s say you were selected to be a part of the grandaddy, but had a year (or more, or less) until the event.

Would/do you buy any new equipment prior to the Grandaddy, or do you hold off until you are fit for a full bag at the ECPC?

Let’s say you were selected to be a part of the grandaddy, but had a year (or more, or less) until the event.

Would/do you buy any new equipment prior to the Grandaddy, or do you hold off until you are fit for a full bag at the ECPC?
Well, the logical answer would be to hold off for all the goodness from the Grandaddy, but in reality, I know something would come along that I couldn't resist, probably something Callaway/Odyssey that I just had to try out before the trip to SoCal. Maybe even several somethings!

I would absolutely hold off until the event. Probably. Maybe. Absolutely not. I would fill my bag with new equipment until my better half shuts it down. Hypothetic speaking, of course.

I would not buy anything new. I would go test some Callaway equipment, but I don't think i would buy anything. I've been lucky enough to update my bag quite a bit lately, so I have no real need. I'm narrowing down how I like my bag to be made up, and would take other knowledge I've learned to the fitting at ECPC.

I'd rather keep building a stash for the Hideaway Pro Shop ;)

Have to say...first expected ship date for my Apex Pros is today. Going to go crazy on here after the long, long wait. Almost as excited as the granddaddy announcements!

Wellllll I have a purchased a brand new set of Apex Pro irons and have the Epic Speed driver, the WH 1WS and the CSx LS balls (super happy with all of them) even though we are going in December :LOL: getting chosen really makes me want to support the company that is helping give me the insane opportunity it is. I do want to preface that I know for a fact they don’t expect that at all.

Though, one suggestion I do have for anyone chosen, is to commit to something in the Chrome Soft line as soon as you’re selected. That way you’ll have a good understanding of this years product and be ready to compare to next years ball (if there is one). Annnnnd you’ll be comfortable with it once we play for the belt come GD competition time!

Last edited:

I waited and didn't get any clubs. I was only 5 months from even when chosen though.

I play what's in my bag now, but definitely with an eye out on Callaway stuff that I may want!

I will hold off until the event. However, it also helps that I haven't updated my bag since 2017, so another 7 months shouldn't be too hard.

I'd say I would, but my OCD has a very capital C with an exclamation point. My lack of impulse control is rivaled only by my lack of will power.

Nope, I would wait for the full fitting.

I wouldn't hold off at all. I'd buy and play what I want to play, and then regardless of successes or failures with any Callaway stuff prior, do my best to hand myself over to the fitting at ECPC. A lot can change over that much time too. There's huge personal value to me in what works when and why and what doesn't. I'm totally cool with having my mind blown by data on something I tried and passed on or whatever. Bring it. Bring it all. All the experiences, feels, and fits there and along the way. I'm game!

I'd keep what I had and get better with that. A fitting isn't going to change the swing you bring, but it will make it easier for the fitter to recommend something that's going to promote the maximum consistency for you.

My wife would rather I not buy new things but I have! HAHAHA

Purchased since being selected:
Mavrik SZ Driver
Mavrik SZ 3Wood
Odyssey Ten Triple Track putter
21* Callaway Utility iron
21* Hybrid

I believe I am done buying, though.

my recommendation would be to keep the clubs you have, don't buy anything. and blame every bad shot on those clubs. hurl the worst insults you can think of at those clubs. and generally come to absolutely despise them. then, when the ecpc fitting is over, take a pic of your nsfw build sheet and store it in a private folder for future viewing pleasure. and when the clubs are waiting for you bright and early at golf heaven aka the hideaway, resist the urge to rip off the plastic. take your time. be gentle, and the reward of that first perfectly struck shot will prove to be worth the wait.

Wellllll I have a purchased a brand new set of Apex Pro irons and have the Epic Speed driver, the WH 1WS and the CSx LS balls (super happy with all of them) even though we are going in December :LOL: getting chosen really makes me want to support the company that is helping give me the insane opportunity it is. I do want to preface that I know for a fact they don’t expect that at all.

Though, one suggestion I do have for anyone chosen, is to commit to something in the Chrome Soft line as soon as you’re selected. That way you’ll have a good understanding of this years product and be ready to compare to next years ball (if there is one). Annnnnd you’ll be comfortable with it once we play for the belt come GD competition time!
Great idea on the Chromesoft. That is one purchase I would definitely make!

We have a fairly quiet team so far, so will have to add another member of the team soon to see if they liven up a bit.
A new teammate will be fun. And challenge accepted!! Life has been kicking my butt lately between my 3 kids who are at a very hands on age and working with other leaders in my company to try to figure out how to bring staff back in to office in the next couple months. That being said, I'll pick it up.. i haven't been on here near as much as i want to!!

So, my brain said to play the set i had and really was fond of. But i have overhauled most of the bag with Callaway goodness and don't regret anything!!🤣

A quick update on where my game is at for those not following my "Road to the Grandaddy" thread:
I've been working with a coach in the UK since the end of last year and have changed my grip, stance, takeaway, top position, downswing sequencing, and follow through. It was a full overhaul and half way through I had a ton of doubts but I knew my swing had too many flaws and I want more consistency in my game.

It finally started to click a couple weeks ago as the downswing sequencing was the hardest thing for me to get right. I have practiced 6 out of 7 nights each week hitting balls on top of doing drills. Most of my practice has come in the evenings after I've put my kids in bed. I've stated striking the ball better than ever on the course and my misses are much more manageable. I'm still working on getting my driver and partial wedge shots more consistent. Unfortunately all of the practicing has taken a toll on my back and I've had to dial back my practicing lately as I've had a sharp pain in my lower back just above my right hip. The good news is that I have scored well in my last 3 rounds and my handicap is starting to drop.

I would hold off until the event to buy clubs if I was selected. That said, there is no way I would be able to keep from buying Callaway clothing and looking at the website daily.

Back