EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

That said, there is no way I would be able to keep from buying Callaway clothing
That’s something I’ve done as well! The amount of Travis Mathew clothing I’ve acquired since being selected has gone through the roof. I also purchased a really awesome Ogio backpack to go along with the clothing! My purchases weren’t just limited to golf clubs lol

That’s something I’ve done as well! The amount of Travis Mathew clothing I’ve acquired since being selected has gone through the roof. I also purchased a really awesome Ogio backpack to go along with the clothing! My purchases weren’t just limited to golf clubs lol
I believe it. My wife really got tired of the Puma packages after I was selected for the MC last year.

Don't think i would ever get tired of Travis Mathew.
The few things the bestest half has gotten me are awesome. Then to have the Colonial choose them for Marshal's shirts....priceless

LOVE seeing all the replies from those who couldn’t resist buying new clubs even though the Grandaddy comes with a full fitting and set.

Personally, I thought there was Zero chance of me buying anything since upgrading my whole bag last year with Mavrik. But in the last couple months I’ve already upgraded everything.

Putters though. Whoooooweee. I could never get enough Odyssey putters.

LOVE seeing all the replies from those who couldn’t resist buying new clubs even though the Grandaddy comes with a full fitting and set.

Personally, I thought there was Zero chance of me buying anything since upgrading my whole bag last year with Mavrik. But in the last couple months I’ve already upgraded everything.

I'd be interested to see what people select for themselves prior (or think what they would be fit into) to the event compared to what the Callaway fitters put them into

But I now just realized it's typically unreleased equipment and the embargo doesn't allow for any info to be provided beforehand derrr

I'd be interested to see what people select for themselves prior (or think what they would be fit into) to the event compared to what the Callaway fitters put them into

that’s what I’m doing for my birthday present at club champion. I’m going to try and video the experience and compare contrast the results at ECPC

But I now just realized it's typically unreleased equipment and the embargo doesn't allow for any info to be provided beforehand derrr

my guess:
Max LS or Sub Zero Driver
Similar 3 & 5 wood
21* Hybrid
5-pw Apex irons
md6 wedges? 😂 48 52 60
Big mallet with s hosel.

we shall see what happens in a few months.

ive done the same. it changes your perspective on this event knowing the history. I just found 2015 when I believe @Jman was captain and @JB was a part of the squad.

6 years ago, but doesn’t seem that long to me. This event will stick with you well after it’s over.

That is correct! Was actually supposed to be 2014 but my first kiddo was due right around the time of the event so all parties were gracious enough to let me captain in 2015 instead. Sadly, not much of my team is around anymore.

Glad you got pushed back a year!

Did you ever show off the SB Toulon you picked up?

I would absolutely hold off until the event. Probably. Maybe. Absolutely not. I would fill my bag with new equipment until my better half shuts it down. Hypothetic speaking, of course.

I know I’m going to be stupid smiling the whole time, but when we start talking putters I’m gonna fan girl so hard.
I can't say that I blame you, nor that I wouldn't do the same.

So here’s a question for everyone.

Let’s say you were selected to be a part of the grandaddy, but had a year (or more, or less) until the event.

Would/do you buy any new equipment prior to the Grandaddy, or do you hold off until you are fit for a full bag at the ECPC?

This would really depend on where I was at with the next equipment purchase. Am I due for the upgrade? Since the Grandaddy is not until December, I wouldn’t mind getting and reviewing equipment for this year and then the full bag for the next year. Provided I was in line to buy new equipment. I don’t think I would hold out one additional year.

This would really depend on where I was at with the next equipment purchase. Am I due for the upgrade? Since the Grandaddy is not until December, I wouldn’t mind getting and reviewing equipment for this year and then the full bag for the next year. Provided I was in line to buy new equipment. I don’t think I would hold out one additional year.
I was not planning to buy and my logic was to wait but I've always loved the Apex line. Once I saw all the new tech I changed my mind and jumped and haven't regretted it!

itching for the new contest when I came along this new offspring song. Pretty catchy hook, i'll keep an eye out for the rest of the lyrics.

Well, my friend, you gotta say
I won't play, I won't play ya, no waa-a-a-aay
Na-na, why don't you get a blade?

So here’s a question for everyone.

Let’s say you were selected to be a part of the grandaddy, but had a year (or more, or less) until the event.

Would/do you buy any new equipment prior to the Grandaddy, or do you hold off until you are fit for a full bag at the ECPC?
I would hold off with the exception of golf ball purchases. I'll probably never get a better fitting experience in my life than at ECPC so I'd do the responsible thing by saving that money for the Hideaway Pro Shop (and lessons, I guess).

I would hold off with the exception of golf ball purchases. I'll probably never get a better fitting experience in my life than at ECPC so I'd do the responsible thing by saving that money for the Hideaway Pro Shop (and lessons, I guess).

That was exactly what I thought.

and then Apex irons came out.... 😂

That was exactly what I thought.

and then Apex irons came out.... 😂
That happened to all of us.. we'll have to get creative on our Hideaway budget!!

I have not posted much but that's because I have been spending most of my spare at time at night reading the previous GD threads (2019-2016). I have alot more reading to do but the more pages I get through, the more excited I get about December.

20 tabs open in chrome, most are THP and two are Callaway podcasts pages. Also, don't forget to set your fantasy golf lineup.
Screenshot_20210504-222319_Chrome.jpg

I have not posted much but that's because I have been spending most of my spare at time at night reading the previous GD threads (2019-2016). I have alot more reading to do but the more pages I get through, the more excited I get about December.

Lots of good nuggets in there to prepare oneself.

Back