EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Current Grandaddy guys - not sure if this has been asked, but what is the strongest part of your game?
Right now it's short game.. chipping and putting lately

Anyone else running around in circles in their mind as they try to concentrate in work?

Yeah I thought so.

Me on the outside.

Me on the inside

Good question. It's really hard for me to self assess. I am usually overly self-crutucal Maybe my driver? But my fairways are pretty good. Irons too. Wedges ok but not great. Same with the putter.

I'll go with driver, final answer.

Curious if my GDaddy brothers that played with me at Cog hill think different. 😁

@MattyD-MPLS @xThor @Muchmore18 @93civiccpe @RealPretendPsychic
Your tee game was solid.. and I am envious

I’m working on nailing the Preview show down…
But absolutely there will be one & be on the look out for an announcement of the time…

We are locked and loaded for the Preview Show... 12/7 at 7:00 CST. Join @Canadan , @e1iterate , and I as we discuss all things Grandaddy, and get you ready for the action.

Remember on the bus ride to the Hideaway - Mingle!
You've gotten to know each other better than any other THP team with the get togethers you have done.
So when you get on the bus, sit in the middle amongst the Callaway team. Don't congregate in the front.
They want to know you, who you are and what you do. It's how they enrich themselves.

Bend @JohnnyCallaway ear - Get him talking about what the tour guys have seen of the *Redacted* equipment.

We are locked and loaded for the Preview Show... 12/7 at 7:00 CST. Join @Canadan , @e1iterate , and I as we discuss all things Grandaddy, and get you ready for the action.

can't wait to watch it that night!

Remember on the bus ride to the Hideaway - Mingle!
You've gotten to know each other better than any other THP team with the get togethers you have done.
So when you get on the bus, sit in the middle amongst the Callaway team. Don't congregate in the front.
They want to know you, who you are and what you do. It's how they enrich themselves.

Bend @JohnnyCallaway ear - Get him talking about what the tour guys have seen of the *Redacted* equipment.

This is great advice! Some of my favorite conversations happened on the bus with Ethan and heyPete! They are just normal guys with really cool jobs.

I’ve missed following along with the past two experiences due to craziness at work. I’m seriously considering taking PTO for this one. It’s the Granddaddy after all.

Pro Tip*******

If you see this, walk the other way. This is @Luke WilliamsCG way of getting you guys seeing sideways in hopes it carries over the next day

1638462019774.png

It seems the only thing that we can CONFIRM is that said golfer took an Uber back to hang with the grandparents. Then did in fact sleep in the lobby. He can say he never got out of the uber (it might be true) and that he slept in his room before also sleeping downstairs (also might be true), but my facts are actual facts. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I will have to agree with you here. Facts are facts. As far as never getting out of the Uber...there is a receipt is in my Uber transactions as one transaction for that instance, lol. Probably the most expensive Uber ride I have ever taken...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Posting one last time this year)
I have the list of things I wrote down over the years as I reflected on my Grandaddy Experience...

Team THP-
It’s almost Grandaddy time, and while I can’t wax poetically about how I closed out a member of the Zoo Crew in Singles and it changed my life (I played @JasonFinleyCG and if I would have won shirts would have been printed). I can share some things from my experience, which might just help you as you attempt to have your moment in the Sun.

Pro Tips:
Hydrate- Drink more water than you think that you need, the climate is a lot different than other parts of the country, and drinks will be flowing. Drink a lot of water.

Chapstick- is a real need, make sure you have some with you. You will thank me later.

Sunscreen- You should be using sunscreen anyway, but this time of year in most of the country, sunscreen isn’t a thought. You will need it in California.

Course Management- Get a yardage book early, come up with a plan and stick to your plan. Depending upon who on the Zoo Crew you play, they might be able to bomb it past you. Don’t focus on what they are doing, focus on what you need to do in accordance to your plan. Stick to your plan.

Nerves-“Grandaddy Nerves” are a real thing, there is a lot going on and it is at times a bit overwhelming. Remain calm, be your partner’s calm. Bad shots happen, don’t let a bad shot get you too wound up.

C2FA170E-41CA-4368-B5D2-8F8ECF6C6476.gif

Routine- It is hard to explain to anyone who hasn’t experienced walking through the gates at the Hideaway, but the experience is surreal and it’s easy to get distracted. In an effort, to take something surreal, and make it seem normal, stick to your same pre-shot routine.

Example: If you part of your routine is to check the yardage yourself with your laser, then do that. Anything to make the playing experience feel more normal to you, do that. (You will have caddies to give you yardages, but this isn’t about checking the yardage, it’s about keeping the same routine that you normally have).

Don’t play slow- No one likes slow play, and you don’t want to be that guy. I’m not saying to play rushed, just don’t be slow.
F168A2DD-04F2-40BD-9D0D-A56505C8BC6B.gif

Fitting Engagement- Come to the fitting process at the ECPC, ready to be engaged fully in that process with your Fitter. You will have one of the best Fitters in the world; however, you don’t have all day. Be engaged, ask questions, understand what your Fitter is trying to accomplish. Have an open dialogue with your Fitter, have an idea what has worked for you in the past and communicate that with your Fitter. This engagement will help you get the most out of your time with your Fitter. It's an awesome experience, but you don't have all day, make the most of it. When in doubt, trust the Fitter.

Know your yardages- You are getting a brand new set of clubs, and you have to play with them the next day. Don’t leave the ECPC without asking for what yardages your woods and irons were carrying. This will take out a lot of guess work early in the round the next day. You’re welcome.

Grips- This isn’t the time to experiment with new grips, you know what works for you. This is just a personal opinion, stick with grips that you can trust, remember what I said about the nerves.
My opinion also expends to putter grips, if you have a putter grip that you like, just go with it. If it’s an exotic putter grip, and you aren’t sure they will have it, bring one with you. You are going to need to putt well to have a chance, don’t leave that putter grip up to chance.

Fitting Sheet- It’s a cool moment getting fitted at the ECPC; take a picture of your fitting sheet.

Wedges- If you are coming from a cold weather climate and haven’t been able to hit balls outside in a while, spend some time in the short game area at the ECPC and hit a lot of wedge shots. Get that feel back.

Updates- Make sure you do a great job keeping us sweating it out on the forum updated, but stay focused on your match, and try not to concern yourself with what is going on in the other matches. Stay in your moment.

Take a lot of pictures- This is a once in a lifetime experience, take a moment to take in each hole.

Putts- You will have caddies to help you read your putts, but if you aren’t sure, ask your member host to take a look. The guys like Al, know the course better than anyone, use them.

The Nest- Go and have fun, avoid Luke when he is ordering, and be on the first Uber out. Survive….

862A8556-3F3C-449B-98F0-140BD8A7E09E.gif

Don’t hold up the bus- Don’t be the guy who robs your teammates of prep time.

Warm up- Spend more time on the putting green than on the range. The breakfast sliders are amazing, but don’t put yourself in a food coma. There are comfort stations everywhere; you will have plenty of refreshment on the course. You don’t want to be standing over a big putt thinking, you need to take a bathroom break.
6FBEAEA0-8A83-4153-9BE7-1B9C2F591895.gif

Reviews- Review the hell out of your gear, don’t ghost on your reviews or recaps. We want to hear all about your experience, and about the greatness of the gear.

That’s it for the tips; heed them if you think they will help you. Good Luck, Don’t die, Try to win, but Have Fun!
45E3B72D-2091-43E4-AA40-0E3F18CC657E.gif

Remember that The Grandaddy is always one team away from extinction; I know y’all will do a great job representing yourselves and this community. We all want y’all to do well and do everything in your power to have this event that we all love return next year.

As for Odds, they will come, unless the Team specifically asks me not to do them. There is an old friend of mine that likes videos, so I’m going to do that at least. Geaux Get’em... I’m working on the Preview right now & y’all have better than a puncher’s chance to win this thing, we will all be rooting for you (regardless of my pick on the Preview Show or the Odds)

Props to @jlew2144, a lot on this list came from random conversations that we have had in the past.

JDax
Don’t hold up the bus- Don’t be the guy who robs your teammates of prep time -----This statement here is why I came down early to take a nap on the lobby couch! I didn't want to be that guy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

(Posting one last time this year)
I have the list of things I wrote down over the years as I reflected on my Grandaddy Experience...

Team THP-
It’s almost Grandaddy time, and while I can’t wax poetically about how I closed out a member of the Zoo Crew in Singles and it changed my life (I played @JasonFinleyCG and if I would have won shirts would have been printed). I can share some things from my experience, which might just help you as you attempt to have your moment in the Sun.

Pro Tips:
Hydrate- Drink more water than you think that you need, the climate is a lot different than other parts of the country, and drinks will be flowing. Drink a lot of water.

Chapstick- is a real need, make sure you have some with you. You will thank me later.

Sunscreen- You should be using sunscreen anyway, but this time of year in most of the country, sunscreen isn’t a thought. You will need it in California.

Course Management- Get a yardage book early, come up with a plan and stick to your plan. Depending upon who on the Zoo Crew you play, they might be able to bomb it past you. Don’t focus on what they are doing, focus on what you need to do in accordance to your plan. Stick to your plan.

Nerves-“Grandaddy Nerves” are a real thing, there is a lot going on and it is at times a bit overwhelming. Remain calm, be your partner’s calm. Bad shots happen, don’t let a bad shot get you too wound up.

C2FA170E-41CA-4368-B5D2-8F8ECF6C6476.gif

Routine- It is hard to explain to anyone who hasn’t experienced walking through the gates at the Hideaway, but the experience is surreal and it’s easy to get distracted. In an effort, to take something surreal, and make it seem normal, stick to your same pre-shot routine.

Example: If you part of your routine is to check the yardage yourself with your laser, then do that. Anything to make the playing experience feel more normal to you, do that. (You will have caddies to give you yardages, but this isn’t about checking the yardage, it’s about keeping the same routine that you normally have).

Don’t play slow- No one likes slow play, and you don’t want to be that guy. I’m not saying to play rushed, just don’t be slow.
F168A2DD-04F2-40BD-9D0D-A56505C8BC6B.gif

Fitting Engagement- Come to the fitting process at the ECPC, ready to be engaged fully in that process with your Fitter. You will have one of the best Fitters in the world; however, you don’t have all day. Be engaged, ask questions, understand what your Fitter is trying to accomplish. Have an open dialogue with your Fitter, have an idea what has worked for you in the past and communicate that with your Fitter. This engagement will help you get the most out of your time with your Fitter. It's an awesome experience, but you don't have all day, make the most of it. When in doubt, trust the Fitter.

Know your yardages- You are getting a brand new set of clubs, and you have to play with them the next day. Don’t leave the ECPC without asking for what yardages your woods and irons were carrying. This will take out a lot of guess work early in the round the next day. You’re welcome.

Grips- This isn’t the time to experiment with new grips, you know what works for you. This is just a personal opinion, stick with grips that you can trust, remember what I said about the nerves.
My opinion also expends to putter grips, if you have a putter grip that you like, just go with it. If it’s an exotic putter grip, and you aren’t sure they will have it, bring one with you. You are going to need to putt well to have a chance, don’t leave that putter grip up to chance.

Fitting Sheet- It’s a cool moment getting fitted at the ECPC; take a picture of your fitting sheet.

Wedges- If you are coming from a cold weather climate and haven’t been able to hit balls outside in a while, spend some time in the short game area at the ECPC and hit a lot of wedge shots. Get that feel back.

Updates- Make sure you do a great job keeping us sweating it out on the forum updated, but stay focused on your match, and try not to concern yourself with what is going on in the other matches. Stay in your moment.

Take a lot of pictures- This is a once in a lifetime experience, take a moment to take in each hole.

Putts- You will have caddies to help you read your putts, but if you aren’t sure, ask your member host to take a look. The guys like Al, know the course better than anyone, use them.

The Nest- Go and have fun, avoid Luke when he is ordering, and be on the first Uber out. Survive….

862A8556-3F3C-449B-98F0-140BD8A7E09E.gif

Don’t hold up the bus- Don’t be the guy who robs your teammates of prep time.

Warm up- Spend more time on the putting green than on the range. The breakfast sliders are amazing, but don’t put yourself in a food coma. There are comfort stations everywhere; you will have plenty of refreshment on the course. You don’t want to be standing over a big putt thinking, you need to take a bathroom break.
6FBEAEA0-8A83-4153-9BE7-1B9C2F591895.gif

Reviews- Review the hell out of your gear, don’t ghost on your reviews or recaps. We want to hear all about your experience, and about the greatness of the gear.

That’s it for the tips; heed them if you think they will help you. Good Luck, Don’t die, Try to win, but Have Fun!
45E3B72D-2091-43E4-AA40-0E3F18CC657E.gif

Remember that The Grandaddy is always one team away from extinction; I know y’all will do a great job representing yourselves and this community. We all want y’all to do well and do everything in your power to have this event that we all love return next year.

As for Odds, they will come, unless the Team specifically asks me not to do them. There is an old friend of mine that likes videos, so I’m going to do that at least. Geaux Get’em... I’m working on the Preview right now & y’all have better than a puncher’s chance to win this thing, we will all be rooting for you (regardless of my pick on the Preview Show or the Odds)

Props to @jlew2144, a lot on this list came from random conversations that we have had in the past.

JDax

This is simply fantastic. I will echo everything JDax has said, it is all true.

Don’t hold up the bus- Don’t be the guy who robs your teammates of prep time -----This statement here is why I came down early to take a nap on the lobby couch! I didn't want to be that guy.:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
An absolutely selfless act… I bet the Grannies just ate that stuff up 😝🤣

Do not miss this. We are bringing the 🔥🔥🔥

Back