EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

So let me ask you if you don't mind answering.
Did the experience make you a callaway loyalist for life? Just looking at these events -especially the granddaddy and the MC - with the access and treatment that you get - I would think you would have a hard time looking at anything that is not under the callaway umbrella. Or at least I would.

And I would assume the MC participants would have the same kind of feelings about cobra/puma.

As someone lucky enough to have experienced both, I hold both Cobra and Callaway in high regards. I played my MC irons up until the GD, and would likely still be playing them had I not gone.

The opportunity we had with Callaway literally opening their doors to us, getting to see how they made the clubs, talk to the people that created them, and experience their hospitality will keep them at the top of the list anytime I'm looking at new clubs. That doesn't mean I'll always select their product regardless, but it will insure that I'll look at them first. I've switched from the MD5 wedges back to my RTX4s because I just like the feel of them better. The MD5 is still a really good wedge. Callaway just wants honest reviews.

I think the experience is different for everyone...largely based on how each one perceives the experience. I can say for me, it immediately made me a loyalist and in large part due to the people behind the brand. I’m a huge fan of the people that I interacted with on my trip, their passion for the game and their passion for ensuring it is a draw dropping experience. The generosity was overwhelming. Still is. The accessibility blew my mind. I was speechless on several occasions. It’s been ever so easy for me to choose Callaway first when updating clubs in my bag.
Everyone won’t leave a loyalist and you don’t have to. Callaway has reiterated that they believe in their product and just want a fair shot at the bag.

Good stuff, man.
I guess I just asked the question because personally, I am very loyal.

I know there are sooooo many companies out there with fantastic products, and most will have something that fits your game.

I guess just thinking about myself, and my personality...I think id probably have a strong brand loyalty if it was a good experience. And I don't see how it wouldn't be.

Has anyone come away from a THP experience that didn't have a good time? Lol doubt it.

Good stuff, man.
I guess I just asked the question because personally, I am very loyal.

I know there are sooooo many companies out there with fantastic products, and most will have something that fits your game.

I guess just thinking about myself, and my personality...I think id probably have a strong brand loyalty if it was a good experience. And I don't see how it wouldn't be.

Has anyone come away from a THP experience that didn't have a good time? Lol doubt it.
You also have to remember that we are golf junkies and like to test and play different equipment. That other thing would be you need to play the gear that fits your game and what will help you enjoy the game more and improve.

You also have to remember that we are golf junkies and like to test and play different equipment. That other thing would be you need to play the gear that fits your game and what will help you enjoy the game more and improve.

Exactly. And that is why I'm a little concerned - because of this loyalty personality flaw. Maybe not flaw. Personality...thing. whatever. Lol

Either way man, it looks like a blast and an experience of a lifetime.

Exactly. And that is why I'm a little concerned - because of this loyalty personality flaw. Maybe not flaw. Personality...thing. whatever. Lol

Either way man, it looks like a blast and an experience of a lifetime.
It was and an experience I won't ever forget. The people of Callaway are amazing to say the least. Being able to see the inner workings of Callaway was eye opening. It is a high that last a long time. That week goes by quickly but not something you forget at all.
The bonds made with teammates is exceptional, my team still chats every day. As @dacatalyst41 said, you make it your own experience and take from it what you can. It is different for everyone. Not something that will every be forgotten.

I mean how could you forget something like this getting on a plane to go to California to meet up with 11 other crazy internet golfers I didn’t get lost. 😂
DC64D339-9102-4EB9-BAC4-8DB73A36394E.jpeg

I mean how could you forget something like this getting on a plane to go to California to meet up with 11 other crazy internet golfers I didn’t get lost. 😂
View attachment 8994781
So that’s what the nightmares are from. I’ll be very suspicious if anyone sees this guy on their way to the Grandaddy this year :LOL:

I have had a Callaway Driver in the past lives, fairway too, i have never owned a set of irons and frankly, i don't know why. I was out playing here in Frisco with a good friend and he had Apex irons, we were playing about a 190 par 3 and i hit the green with my iron, he said try mine, i flushed a 6 iron that felt awesome to about 6 feet....I really need to get a set

I have had a Callaway Driver in the past lives, fairway too, i have never owned a set of irons and frankly, i don't know why. I was out playing here in Frisco with a good friend and he had Apex irons, we were playing about a 190 par 3 and i hit the green with my iron, he said try mine, i flushed a 6 iron that felt awesome to about 6 feet....I really need to get a set
You might be interested in this then...

So let me ask you if you don't mind answering.
Did the experience make you a callaway loyalist for life? Just looking at these events -especially the granddaddy and the MC - with the access and treatment that you get - I would think you would have a hard time looking at anything that is not under the callaway umbrella. Or at least I would.

And I would assume the MC participants would have the same kind of feelings about cobra/puma.

i don't know that even callaway would say they expect you to be a loyalist for life after this experience. most of us will always give callaway a fair shake for a spot in the bag. which is made easier by the fact that callaway/odyssey/toulon is producing such brilliant equipment every year. other brands are producing great gear too. and i think it could be a hinderance to your game to only consider one oem for your bag for the rest of your golf days.

for me personally, i will always pay attention to what callaway is doing, and will make every effort to test their gear. and i will take every opportunity i can to tell anyone who will listen about the incredible experience that thp and callaway blessed me with.

i don't know that even callaway would say they expect you to be a loyalist for life after this experience. most of us will always give callaway a fair shake for a spot in the bag. which is made easier by the fact that callaway/odyssey/toulon is producing such brilliant equipment every year. other brands are producing great gear too. and i think it could be a hinderance to your game to only consider one oem for your bag for the rest of your golf days.

for me personally, i will always pay attention to what callaway is doing, and will make every effort to test their gear. and i will take every opportunity i can to tell anyone who will listen about the incredible experience that thp and callaway blessed me with.

Maybe my question came off wrong. I meant does it make you personally loyal, like addressed in that last part.

I was in no way insinuating that callaway expects anything from the participants other than a fair shake and a review.

My question was aimed at each of you on a personal level, because like I said...I think an experience like that would shift me heavily in the direction of that company based on the people if nothing else. And again, that's just me.

Maybe my question came off wrong. I meant does it make you personally loyal, like addressed in that last part.

I was in no way insinuating that callaway expects anything from the participants other than a fair shake and a review.

My question was aimed at each of you on a personal level, because like I said...I think an experience like that would shift me heavily in the direction of that company based on the people if nothing else. And again, that's just me.

I am sure its all how it is interpreted, I did not take it offensive but i have not been in either one

I am sure its all how it is interpreted, I did not take it offensive but i have not been in either one

Yeah. I seem to be putting my foot in my mouth a lot this week.

I'm still going to try to get in because my #1 goal this year was to meet up with THPers
Oh well. Onward.

I'm still going to try to get in because my #1 goal this year was to meet up with THPers
Oh well. Onward.
It was a good question brother! Nothing to worry about! And you absolutely need to enter this one! Anyone who doesn’t, is missing out on one of the biggest opportunities on THP!

Oh well. Onward.

dude, not at all!!! it's a great question.

i've had the opportunity to participate in some pretty awesome events. and every time i've come away with a deeper appreciation for the oem. whether that was cobra/puma, snell, titleist, or callaway, each one has seriously impressed me.

the grandaddy is obviously something all its own. and it's spectacularly incredible and unique. the lengths callaway goes to blow your socks off literally every minute of every day of the event is mind-blowing, and it takes a special kind of ingrate to not walk away from that a changed person with a deep and abiding sense of appreciation for the brand.

i will always be grateful and appreciative for the experience. but being a club ho brought me to thp, and i'll always be a club ho. callaway will get my first nod every time, but i won't necessarily ignore their competitors. sometimes another oem's gear may work better.

i think as long as a grandaddy participant thoroughly reviews their gear, and continues to be active on the forum answering other members' questions about the clubs and staying engaged with the community, they have honored their responsibilities.

true story. every damn direction you turn, that place is a post card. absolutely incredible.

Even during inclement weather....

hideaway wx.jpeg

Bro. I just spent the last 4 hours scrolling thru all 239 pages of that thread.
Nuts...
IT is crazy isn't it! As you read through things you feel as though you're there with them.

Exactly. It's like we all get to go. The guys do an awesome job of updating.
That's one thing I'm going to work really hard on while I'm there. I have the absolute privilege of going down there and representing this place! I'm going to do my very best to make sure I share the experience with the people I will be representing. Of course, I'm also going to make sure to have the time of my life with my teammates and the great Callaway team!

Back