EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I just don’t see how the next line of clubs that will be replacing the Mavrik’s will be able to compete with this years line up. When your are getting fit at the granddaddy is the new line the ones you are being fit with/into? I can see a lot of granddaddy participants wanting the something from the apex line or Epic line
I went into my Grandaddy fitting wanting the Mavrik Pro irons after hearing about them at the presentation the night before. My fitter obliged me by trying the Mavrik irons then the Mavrik Pro's but quickly moved me into the 2019 Apex Pro's. I selfishly wanted the unreleased irons for the cool factor at first but those Apex Pro 19's were a perfect fit for me and I absolutely loved them and my game improved because of them. I would assume Callaway would want some or even most participants to be using the new gear but I can assure you that if the older stuff is a better fit then that is what you will get.

Great post about being present. I'm sure its difficult to balance posting for the forum and enjoying everything for yourself. But this lesson from first hand experience is great!

Take more pictures than you think you'll want, or need for the forum. Take lots of picture of your teammates. Insure they're taking lots with you in them. Take as many pics with you and the Zoo Crew team members. By the end of the week they'll be friends, and you'll want to have those memories saved in more than just your head.

Posting updates in the forum is important. Posting pics on the forum is important. Don't stress over it. Post what and when you're able. You're not the only one that will be posting.

Also take a small pair of scissors since you'll have to remove about a dozen tags from all the swag.

Take more pictures than you think you'll want, or need for the forum. Take lots of picture of your teammates. Insure they're taking lots with you in them. Take as many pics with you and the Zoo Crew team members. By the end of the week they'll be friends, and you'll want to have those memories saved in more than just your head.

Posting updates in the forum is important. Posting pics on the forum is important. Don't stress over it. Post what and when you're able. You're not the only one that will be posting.

Also take a small pair of scissors since you'll have to removed about a dozen tags from all the swag.
Pictures, that is so true. You can't go back in time and get those that you missed.

For whatever reason, I remember someone mentioning the pro tip of scissors to remove all the tags. Definitely something you would never think about.

Also take a small pair of scissors since you'll have to remove about a dozen tags from all the swag.
New phone? Check. Expanded cloud storage? Check. I think I need to start my packing list.

For whatever reason, I remember someone mentioning the pro tip of scissors to remove all the tags. Definitely something you would never think about.

It was probably me. I've said it multiple times since then, just because it was something that stuck out as easy to miss, plus I scrambled to find something to get them off my clothes. ;)

New phone? Check. Expanded cloud storage? Check. I think I need to start my packing list.

It was super easy to upload pics nightly to Amazon photos or Google drive if you didn't want them to remain on your phone.

Take lots of pics of each other playing golf.
We were a little gun shy with pics and video because of all the pre release gear we couldn't show, but a couple months later we regretted not having more pics & video of each other.

Take lots of pics of each other playing golf.
We were a little gun shy with pics and video because of all the pre release gear we couldn't show, but a couple months later we regretted not having more pics & video of each other.
In going back and reading through the forums the pictures are so very nice - it makes you feel as though you're there and even years later reading through it you can connect to the ups and downs of the days. A good addition as pics are uploaded is to include the usernames with the pics - (if even possible as the craziness is happening). As a new member and hopeful alumni someday it's nice to put a username with the photo... but just photos are good too. Thank you to all that update.

In going back and reading through the forums the pictures are so very nice - it makes you feel as though you're there and even years later reading through it you can connect to the ups and downs of the days. A good addition as pics are uploaded is to include the usernames with the pics - (if even possible as the craziness is happening). As a new member and hopeful alumni someday it's nice to put a username with the photo... but just photos are good too. Thank you to all that update.
2019 did a meet the team thread with pics to help out folks know who is who and to give some background

The lineups have been open to all in the past. That said, the MAVRIK line was more tech filled than the Apex that was still in line before it.
For sure, I wasn’t knocking the Mavrik line. I just don’t see how they are going to be able to top this years line up.

For sure, I wasn’t knocking the Mavrik line. I just don’t see how they are going to be able to top this years line up.

I think the same thing can be said each year? This year is a very strong release from Callaway. The Apex/Epic families are just packed full of beauty, feel, and performance. Here's some perspective; the Grandmama team (the event that never was, which included @Tevenor, @93civiccpe, @Muchmore18, and myself), while with full knowledge that we are going to be a part of the Grandaddy this year, have all purchased a set of Apex family irons. They are that impressive.

BUT, i don't feel as though we are going to see Callaway in December and feel like they peaked this release, that they cannot top it. This is only the second iteration of AI in irons. Sure the Apex may be a better fit for some than what's coming in 2022, and we may half-heartedly ask "how can you top the 2021 Apex" here, but I have full confidence that the Callaway machine will continue to do what they have been doing, with innovation and amazing product releases.

It's more of a "if the Apex is this good, I cannot wait to see what's next!"

As a new member and hopeful alumni someday it's nice to put a username with the photo
This is something that I’ve been thinking about already! It’s something I quietly hope for myself in all the event threads. I enjoy putting the faces to the names we all get to know on the forum. But being an event rookie, I’m pretty ignorant to how hectic everything can/will be. So my motivation to get those tags in there may leave me quickly. But know it’s there going in to this :LOL:

The lineup this year is sooooooooooo good from Callaway.... you all are soooo lucky

One thing from my (our) POV is that pictures and updating the forum live is important but I do think as many have mentioned even having them for the future posts and continuing the dialogue - particularly after the products have launched in many cases is more important.

Getting to be the time of year where we start planning this out a little bit and that makes me excited.

One thing from my (our) POV is that pictures and updating the forum live is important but I do think as many have mentioned even having them for the future posts and continuing the dialogue - particularly after the products have launched in many cases is more important.

Getting to be the time of year where we start planning this out a little bit and that makes me excited.
Finley bombs always pump up the volume in the thread a little bit.

the man. they myth. the legend. thank you for everything you have and continue to do for our community!

Oh yeah! You ready for your next victim this year?!?!

I SO would like to be a part of this, I have gone to the cart @ Callaway so many time and not pulled the trigger, I LOVE the shaft selections they offer and i have purchased a few on my own to test, at that outcome, whats best shaft for my irons, probably will be a trigger pull

I think top to bottom, this year's Callaway lineup is probably their best yet. Always exciting to get a new edition of Apex and they look phenomenal. The combo sets are a great touch and really complete the lineup. I realize there's a lot more engineering effort to make the sets blend, but having multiple paths for combos provides a huge flexibility to the golfers out there!

I think top to bottom, this year's Callaway lineup is probably their best yet. Always exciting to get a new edition of Apex and they look phenomenal. The combo sets are a great touch and really complete the lineup. I realize there's a lot more engineering effort to make the sets blend, but having multiple paths for combos provides a huge flexibility to the golfers out there!
Throw in Odyssey and Toulon along with some chrome soft balls and you’re set!

Back