EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

I’ve just wrapped a huge time thief of a home renovation and a move and I’m ready to get back to the beauty that is this event and chopping it up on the forum! Beautiful normalcy and Grandaddy greatness baby!

Here’s a question for past participants, current teammates and future hopefuls. (No this is not really part of the trip 🤣)

You get to participate in the custom design of a new golf club with Callaway/Odyssey, including colors, design elements, materials…the works.
Which club are you choosing and why?

I’ve just wrapped a huge time thief of a home renovation and a move and I’m ready to get back to the beauty that is this event and chopping it up on the forum! Beautiful normalcy and Grandaddy greatness baby!

Here’s a question for past participants, current teammates and future hopefuls. (No this is not really part of the trip 🤣)

You get to participate in the custom design of a new golf club with Callaway/Odyssey, including colors, design elements, materials…the works.
I would love to design a new wedge with RFC!

Simpler looking driver with more custom options including custom colored face. Also spur R&D to develop some sort of adjustable screw or inset system with the expectation of being able to fine tune the sound of the driver.

I would love to design a new wedge with RFC!
Can you imagine? I’d need him to spend some time teaching me the reason for his design strategies…not a playing lesson or anything like that but showing me on course how it’s supposed to be used. 😂

If I were in that situation I'd go with Putter. I *love* putters and think that would be a lot of fun without getting too over my head in aspects of club building needed for other clubs that I'd likely get lost on.

Simpler looking driver with more custom options including custom colored face. Also spur R&D to develop some sort of adjustable screw or inset system with the expectation of being able to fine tune the sound of the driver.
That would be interesting.

i would sit down with Sean and design a plumbers neck 330M Toulon with the “G” stamped on the bottom

We're creating either a Toulon Rossie or 2 Ball! It would be either the blue or more likely the chocolate brown finish. I dream of them releasing one of those models in a Toulon lineup.

We're creating either a Toulon Rossie or 2 Ball! It would be either the blue or more likely the chocolate brown finish. I dream of them releasing one of those models in a Toulon lineup.
No surprise there. Haha! Fly milled?

No surprise there. Haha! Fly milled?
As much as I love the normal Diamond Mill I think I would have to go with the Fly Mill. I love the look and I imagine it gives a great crisp feel.

My first thought was to do a putter to my exact tastes, but ultimately I don't think making my dream putter for the masses fits the idea of a custom putter lol.

So I'd try my hand at an iron design. Basically I'd try to design an iron with all the modern "ball go fast" tech & materials, but without jamming the CG as low as possible.
The goal would be a forgiving iron with great ball speed that spins easily and leaves launch up to the player. Clean look with no badges or stickers. No offset, thin to medium top line, straight leading edge, sharp toe, high heel. In my mind it would have traditional lofts but we'd need to do some testing before committing to a loft package. Ideally would have a nice forged dense feel, but I'd sacrifice some feel for performance if necessary.

They might only sell 2 sets...but those 2 golfers would be damn happy I think haha.

I'll preface this by saying I don't know squat about club design: let's bring back the mini driver at 375cc & 44" with all of the bells and whistles (AI Flash Face, Jailbreak, adjustable perimeter weighting, etc.) of the other main driver lines. Call it the Atomic driver by Callaway.

What is everyone’s favorite golf bag from the Callaway family?
I really like my Ogio14 way stand bag! Between it and my Convoy 14 way cart bag, I should be set for a bit.

What is everyone’s favorite golf bag from the Callaway family?
I really liked my Apex CF'16 irons. Traded them in this last winter and now I think I'm regretting it.

OH that’s a tough question. They do such a great job with club design/engineering. I’d have to go with a putter head design. It would be fun to design a Toulon head with Sean and the team.

I’m going to go out on a limb and say that I would probably go putter.

I’d definitely go putter :LOL:

basically give me what the Toulon garage could do, but on steroids? Oh mama I am getting flustered just thinking about it….

I have a putter design in my head and it would be incredible to work with Sean to make it a reality!

Update: the putter design I've had in mind for quite some time was the first thing to come to mind. But thinking it over more I might want to change my mind and say shoes with Cuater. I wear minimalist shoes with a wide toebox and would love to see a model like this in their lineup.

Last edited:
Welcome to the team @Vader!

My first thought was to do a putter to my exact tastes, but ultimately I don't think making my dream putter for the masses fits the idea of a custom putter lol.

So I'd try my hand at an iron design. Basically I'd try to design an iron with all the modern "ball go fast" tech & materials, but without jamming the CG as low as possible.
The goal would be a forgiving iron with great ball speed that spins easily and leaves launch up to the player. Clean look with no badges or stickers. No offset, thin to medium top line, straight leading edge, sharp toe, high heel. In my mind it would have traditional lofts but we'd need to do some testing before committing to a loft package. Ideally would have a nice forged dense feel, but I'd sacrifice some feel for performance if necessary.

They might only sell 2 sets...but those 2 golfers would be damn happy I think haha.
I was trekking down that same road. Irons is where I think I’d have a ton of curiosity and fun with design. I think picking Doc and DNevs brains would make mine explode but would be worth it. Ironically, I think the Apex Pro 21 irons have a lot of the design elements I would’ve gravitated towards, with some other changes in tow.

Super pumped.

I'm crushed at work today. I will circle back tonight, when I can collect my thoughts, and really dive into things.
Can't wait to talk further with you. Welcome once again!!

First thought was putter or driver... putter because it's the most important club in the bag... driver because I need to hit more fairways.

I think working on a putter with Sean and Luke and the crew would be a blast so I'd probably go putter.

Back