EXPERIENCE 2021 Grandaddy of Em All with Callaway Golf

Quick question for hopefuls and current participants. If you could get paired up to go against anyone in the Grandaddy from The Zoo Crew in singles on the final day, who would you choose? Would you welcome a matchup with @JasonFinleyCG or do you not want that smoke?

for past participants, who would you most want a rematch with and why?

personally I wanna get paired up with @Luke WilliamsCG . Dude seems like a great golfer and a great guy. And I love a challenge. As to the Finley portion, personally I think whoever the team in 2021 feels has the best shot of beating Finley should play him, and I have a few in mind. With that said I would absolutely welcome that matchup 10/10 times. I’m not afraid to lose lol.
I had a blast against @velardoCG on singles day. We were both hungover and it was like the Rocky vs. Apollo Creed fight. Just going back and forth throwing punches (double and triple bogies) :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I would love to have another match against him! Best of three baby! If I had another person I could get a singles match against it would be @JasonFinleyCG or @Luke WilliamsCG just because the banter would be on point, even though I would probably get beat up score wise, but this guy aint afraid to take a punch! lol

Small update from me since I haven't been on as much as normal. I coach soccer and this is my last season doing it after four years with the same team. So I've been pouring myself and my time in to it even more than normal with this being the last year with the boys. We've also been on a stretch of three tournaments in three weekends, so six out of seven days of the week have been committed to soccer. Haven't had a ton of time for golf though I'm still doing my best to get out that one day off and be interacting here and with the team as much as possible. But after State this weekend, it's going to be all golf all the time lol

Got some stuff I want to get going on here and I'll be bringing it up to the team shortly! Be on the look out for some fun stuff possibly coming soon!
Enjoy it man and finish strong!

I would do the entire bag fitting! I’d probably buy whatever wedges they reccomended, and would
ponder the driver and fairway wood options. I think the iron knowledge they give you will be important when deciding to purchase irons in the future.

in terms of the putter, there are so many options it would be tough to commit to one while I was there. And if you are @xThor then you may walk away with multiple new putters ;):LOL:

oh, how true this is.
I’ve done a couple of the local fittings this year, and neither of them for a putter. Yet somehow still ended up with putters after each. 🤣

I would be happy to take on any of them as it would mean that I am there for #TheGrandaddy

Happy BornDay @Tevenor! Treat yourself to an all-expense paid trip to paradise in December!

Thanks Cap! I see it less as another year older as more like another birthday closer to the GDaddy! :)
Happy birthday!!!

I noticed that a Callaway "Tour Fit" demo/fitting day was being held at a course near me this Sunday. So naturally I signed up for a one hour "full bag" fitting.

What should I focus on? I'd like to get a putter fitting actually, and then maybe spend some time with irons and driver. Part of me thinks scrap both of the latter and just go putter - wedges. Maybe just go with the flow?
Damn I never hear of anything that good at courses near me.. but I would focus on the things that are tougher to dial in, like irons and wedges

Embracing that #quiteteam mentality huh? I like it :ROFLMAO:

I was waiting for a response from that cryptic message.....

The new guy is playing mind games already

Grandaddy crew and alumni, are you playing golf this weekend?
I am booked for Saturday morning, tentative for Saturday afternoon, and will likely book as a single for Sunday depending on how Saturday goes 😬

I am booked for Saturday morning, tentative for Saturday afternoon, and will likely book as a single for Sunday depending on how Saturday goes 😬

Love it! I am booked for Sunday afternoon.

Regular league play and match play event tomorrow. Then Monday is the next tournament in the series for the NYS Amateur series.

I'll answer just because I am putting out to the universe ill get to be a part of the team: yes, yes I am golfing.. my buddy and I going to have a blast with skme gorgeous weather, golf, cigars, a few drinks, and catching up after a couple months celebrating my kiddo coming and his new job #gonnabeagoodday :cool:

Rory just stuffed one.. Nice shot..

Back