2021 Irons - What ya thinking?

I am going to get fit once everything is out and there are fitting heads for the clubs. Right now I am leaning hard on 921 HMB and ZX5. Not sure what else will come out that fits me. I also could end up with something from last years lineup if I hit them best.

ZX7. They arrive on Monday.

I’m trying to decide between Forged Tec and Radspeed, both in one length.

I'll be looking out for Ping to upgrade the i210's; Callaway to have a new Apex CB and possibly Cobra to unveil a black MIM CB. None of this might happen but it costs nothing to dream. And if all three happen then I'll have a tough time making my mind up.

I'm thinking of King Tour at the Morgan Cup and then a likely Apex purchase.

My irons are less than a year old and I'm perfectly happy with them, so barring any unforeseen circumstances they'll be staying in the bag.

One length.

Even as good as I’ve hit the ICON’s this past week.

Curious.....anyone else planning to add new irons to the bag this season?

I can't decide if I want to try a mix set with blades in the short irons.....or go off the reservation completely for fun and go for something like the Mizzy HMPs.

I've had blades before and loved them. I've not gamed an iron like the HMP that I can think of. The Apex Pros are, I guess, as close as I've been in perhaps a decade. They are intriguing because I'm guessing they'd be a ton of fun. Having said that though.....I do enjoy working the ball and feeling the ball off the club face. Planning to invest in a fitting.

So, what do you think about my silly dilemma?

What are you thinking for your own bag for 21'? Are you gonna try something a bit outside the box of your current setup?

I'm guessing the next 3 weeks or so will have me change my mind every other day.
I'm thinking my Callaway Apex Smoke CF19s. :cool:

One length.

Even as good as I’ve hit the ICON’s this past week.
If I was making a move this year, OL would probably be it.

I've ordered Mizuno HMBs in late December as well. As a weekend hack, it's the perfect blend between forgiveness and looks. I'm not too sure about the set PW but I guess i have to wait another month or two to get them delivered anyway:)

In terms of the newest releases. I'm digging the Srixon combo options.ZX5 ZX7 look really nice and the ZX7s are Endo forged as well:D
Not too excited about the new Callaway release. In my view, they totally butchered the naming/progression between different sets!
Nevertheless, if your aren't looking for a split/combo set Callaway is still an option. I just believe it's hard to combo them nicely just within the Apex or the X forged series. In my mind, Apex Pros shouldn't be semi hollow!

Some of you are going to have your minds broken....soon
Gathered this was a possibility from podcast last week.

As of this moment I have no plans to change the irons in my bag. I love my Srixons and am not really looking for a change.

I think your talk of HMP is bananas, and you will not do it.

I think I will try a couple more and end up in a ZX, Apex, or P7 combo.

Was checking them out again tonight and yeah, not sure I can do it.

I did setup an informal fitting for Jan 29th though! So looking forward to that! Hoping they have the new Apex options to test at that point.

PXG Gen3 Tours have me curious now too.

PS: I put my C-Tapers from my T100S irons into those 737v Honmas.....they have my attention now. Hoping to test them tomorrow, albeit in the frigid cold.

Some of you are going to have your minds broken....soon

I hope this is an apex reference..... I refuse to believe otherwise.

Was checking them out again tonight and yeah, not sure I can do it.

I did setup an informal fitting for Jan 29th though! So looking forward to that! Hoping they have the new Apex options to test at that point.

PXG Gen3 Tours have me curious now too.

PS: I put my C-Tapers from my T100S irons into those 737v Honmas.....they have my attention now. Hoping to test them tomorrow, albeit in the frigid cold.
The Apex have the potential to just jack up a bunch of people's plans. I hope they have them for you to try by then.

For the love of ***** @D!! There's no way you're drunk every time you pull one of those clubs. Are they 737V's or 747V's?!? Even I'm confused at this point. :LOL:

The Apex have the potential to just jack up a bunch of people's plans. I hope they have them for you to try by then.

For the love of ***** @D!! There's no way you're drunk every time you pull one of those clubs. Are they 737V's or 747V's?!? Even I'm confused at this point. :LOL:
Ahahahhahaha!!!

This thing... lol

image.jpg

There ya go!

They're good no matter what shaft is in them, but I hope the tapers are fire. I already regret selling mine.
When I played them down in Myrtle (with the Frankenshaft mix n match shaft setup) I didn’t feel like I hit them great, but it was my lowest rounds. Hit a few absolute beauties from memory. I’m looking forward to what they can do with a proper set of Ctapers in them.

looking to play the 19 apex pros this year

Back