2021 Irons - What ya thinking?

I hope this is an apex reference..... I refuse to believe otherwise.
Cannot confirm nor deny. Lots of fun on the horizon.

For me I think it’s time to get fully fitted and see what actually are the best options in the iron section. I do like my OL F9s, but I really am intrigued by some of the newer options out already and what may come 2021.

The new Apex pros 🤩

Thinking very hard about going to a possible combo set this year. I just got new irons last year and get new irons in December. But there are things that have made me change my mind recently, so I really don't know what the plan is

For me I think it’s time to get fully fitted and see what actually are the best options in the iron section. I do like my OL F9s, but I really am intrigued by some of the newer options out already and what may come 2021.

And here i was going to say sell me on

A - OL

B - OL choice
Hahahaha! SO much fun and tech coming, in so many shapes, sizes, and lengths!

I was so pleased with my ‘19 Apex Pros and after seeing the ‘21 Pro’s....it was love at first sight. Distance fitting scheduled for next Friday, just need to settle on the shafts.

I would love to put some new Callaways in the bag, but doing so would probably cause my wife to put me in a body bag... :LOL:will have to wait until December!

Not gonna lie....I hope this ends up being my response as well.
The Apex irons kill me. I absolutely love their look, but I think they may be a little above my skill. I’d hate to spend the $$$ on something that looks great in my bag but hurts my game.

I am committed to getting a set of Srixon ZX irons this year, most likely the ZX5s but maybe a combo set with the ZX7s in scoring irons, maybe 8-PW.

Apex triple combo.

Want it, need it, let's just get on with it already, Callaway.

Have a Srixon ZX fitting booked for next weekend. Trying to decide on a combo set or straight ZX7.

Apex triple combo.

Want it, need it, let's just get on with it already, Callaway.

What you thinking? At one time I was thinking Apex Pro/MB combo but as I mull over the winter I’m just thinking Pro 4-PW across the board. IMO, I think Callaway hit a home run with the ‘21 Apex Pros and if they perform as good as they look, we all should get our orders in early.

I’m not sure what to make of the standard ‘21 Apex head, visually it looks so close to the 2 year old 2019 version which may turn off a few folks because it is not obvious it is the newest option.

My speculation is the’21 is packed with tech improvements foremost and when they came to designing the exterior they didn’t want to mess too much with a winning formula. It will be interesting to listen in as the lineup is released if there is more behind to reasoning on why they stayed with similar aesthetics. It still looks good, just not a radical departure although like automobiles sometimes what is under the hood is more important than how it looks.

I'm really wanting some Cobra Forged tecs. Gotta get somewhere to hit them first. With a 9 month old may not happen any time soon unfortunately

T100S. Out of left field but looking to move towards a more forgiving design.

What you thinking? At one time I was thinking Apex Pro/MB combo but as I mull over the winter I’m just thinking Pro 4-PW across the board. IMO, I think Callaway hit a home run with the ‘21 Apex Pros and if they perform as good as they look, we all should get our orders in early.

I’m not sure what to make of the standard ‘21 Apex head, visually it looks so close to the 2 year old 2019 version which may turn off a few folks because it is not obvious it is the newest option.

My speculation is the’21 is packed with tech improvements foremost and when they came to designing the exterior they didn’t want to mess too much with a winning formula. It will be interesting to listen in as the lineup is released if there is more behind to reasoning on why they stayed with similar aesthetics. It still looks good, just not a radical departure although like automobiles sometimes what is under the hood is more important than how it looks.
I'm thinking full set of Pros including the AW, and 3-6 standard, so I'd have

3-6 Apex '21
4-AW Apex Pro '21
5-AW Apex MB '21

and can mix and match based on distance/layout.

The standard does look close (I do think the toe looks different), so I'm assuming there will be some tech advancement they can hype to convince people to upgrade.

Might just get another year out of my apex combo. Srixon releases always grab my attention. And of course I want to see what PING is going to do when they eventually replace the i210

Wondering if I should hit my local CC for a Hogan fitting to see what stock shaft option works best & whether I can hit the Combo set, maybe even try the OL for @Jman

Might just get another year out of my apex combo. Srixon releases always grab my attention. And of course I want to see what PING is going to do when they eventually replace the i210

This, I think? I've got the T300 and Apex combo to bounce between, irons really are the last thing I should be looking at (yet here I am). I've been trying to find a used set of i210 in my specs to compare - those were clear and away the other contender for my fitting, but Ping charges two arms and a leg for CTL, so it's rare to see.

Wondering if I should hit my local CC for a Hogan fitting to see what stock shaft option works best & whether I can hit the Combo set, maybe even try the OL for @Jman
Funny enough, I’m playing the combo set and thinking about OL :ROFLMAO:

Back