2021 Masters to be conducted with limited attendance....

I did enjoy viewing the Masters without hoards of people but have to admit I'm ready to see the crowds again. Apparently not this year.

The course looked beautiful on the telecast without the stands didn't it? But I certainly missed the roars. Sounds like they will be there, but not as loud.

Also I think it's good on them to get this message out now instead of later.

They will probably double!

The Monday practice round tickets are already going for about $1,000 each but I'm sure you are right. My guess is many will be tempted to sell their tickets and pocket the profits rather than attend. I would certainly consider skipping the event if my 4 tickets were worth $6-8k.

The course looked beautiful on the telecast without the stands didn't it? But I certainly missed the roars. Sounds like they will be there, but not as loud.

Also I think it's good on them to get this message out now instead of later.

Loved seeing Augusta sans people.

Good point on the timing. Always important to set expectations early.

The Monday practice round tickets are already going for about $1,000 each but I'm sure you are right. My guess is many will be tempted to sell their tickets and pocket the profits rather than attend. I would certainly consider skipping the event if my 4 tickets were worth $6-8k.
I have practice round tickets. The problem is....I didn’t buy them. They were given to me. Guess I’m screwed lol

It's a step in a positive direction. I'm still in Camp Reduced People. I enjoyed hearing the sounds of the players and their caddies and seeing the fairways not lined with people. That said, I completely understand the allure of having the place packed though and how some say it adds to the atmosphere... And I freely admit that I'd love to go one day...

It stinks for all those who won the lottery to have to wait another year. I guess it looks like I will have to wait till 2023 to get my sorry you were not selected email.

Boy, I can’t wait till this is all behind us and we can get to normal again. I can imagine how crazy the PGA is going to be once people can attend events in full again.

That would really be a blow to have been selected for tickets, then be one of the ones to not make the cut with the limited patronage. I guess the good side would be that you'll get to go in 2022 when things are (hopefully) back to normal and it's a better experience.

No Masters for me in 2021, hoping 2022 happens.

Interested to know how many they selected from 2020 to go in 2021.

Any other THPers with 2020 tickets get their email yet?

And my tickets were not selected for April. Oh well, This has been such a cluster that I was losing the excitement to even go.

I'm starting to really look forward to watching the Masters and this email arrived in my inbox this morning. It will be good to have fans back even though it's a limited number.

Screen Shot 2021-03-19 at 10.53.18 AM.png

I loved the shop, and could have spent thousands

2021 Masters Long Sleeve Navy T-Shirt
(Size: Large)
(EXPECTED SHIP DATE IS 4/6/2021)

210038-LG 1 $99.99 USD $99.99 USD
Masters Navy, Pink and Sky Blue Candy Striped Performance Tech Golf Shirt

13028-LG 1 $129.99 USD $129.99 USD
Masters Single Black Ball Marker

32171 1 $12.99 USD $12.99 USD
Men's Masters Pink V Neck Sweater Vest

66007-LG 1 $59.99 USD $59.99 USD

I cracked, don't tell the wife, as I have now spent most of the tax rebate due to arrive next week.....

I love watching the Masters and it’s almost time for my yearly “sorry you didn’t get picked for tickets email”.

I disagree with the "limited attendance" policy that sporting events are now doing. Health safety should be top priority and zero spectators would help that cause.

Back