2021 Ogio Bag...Return of the Woodē System

Not a fan of the plastic top. I liked the old look way better. More subtle.

I hated this the first time I saw it, but it's growing on me, which scares me.

I'd never buy it, though.

View attachment 8989830
I just got an email about this bag, I want one in this color way, its sharp.
This is the one I bought last week and I really like it. I wanted a new cart bag and was looking at topping out around $200. When I received a 20% off coupon, it made my mind up. I was looking at the C130 and the Bag Boy Revolver as my top 3 cart bags.
I played with Sean this past weekend and got a good look at this bag. It looks so much better in person than in that picture. Sharp looking bag. If I was in the market for a new bag this year, this one would get a very serious look.

I’ve been considering a new carry bag.... this thing looks fantastic.
Love the top design, the rest of the bag looks very functional as well.... Definitely in the running for 2021!!

I have only played one round with the woode 15 cart bag. I think it is great. Plenty of storage and my clubs went in and out of the bag with ease. Not really anything unbelievable about it but it worked well. The insulated pouch could hold a lot of beverages; I put some snacks in there with freezer gel packs and it worked well

Does anyone know if there will be 15 way stand bags with the woode system or just the cart bag?

I played with Sean this past weekend and got a good look at this bag. It looks so much better in person than in that picture. Sharp looking bag. If I was in the market for a new bag this year, this one would get a very serious look.
Good to hear. I think the bags look solid in the photos seen in this thread already. I'm a little more subdued but I don't mind the bold colors.

Good to hear. I think the bags look solid in the photos seen in this thread already. I'm a little more subdued but I don't mind the bold colors.
My Cobra bag is red, white and blue and that was why I chose the “radar wave” bag. Once I loaded it with my clubs and towels, I think it looks a little more subduedimage.jpg

My Cobra bag is red, white and blue and that was why I chose the “radar wave” bag. Once I loaded it with my clubs and towels, I think it looks a little more subduedView attachment 8994707

That bag is sweet! I've been looking at a bunch of different options and I keep coming back to this color in the stand bag.

Does anyone know if there will be 15 way stand bags with the woode system or just the cart bag?
I wouldn't count on it since they just introduced them for this year. They seem pretty set on the 8-way in the carry bag right now.

I got my stand bag today and got everything organized. Initial impressions are good. This is only from walking around in my living room but I feel like I have less club chatter on this 8 way setup than I did on my Nike Hybrid 14 way bag. It definitely seems to have more storage space than my previous bag too. I definitely like having a bit of extra space at the top to more easily fit my Orange Whip and any extra shafts or alignment rods I want to carry to the range. There is only a small velcro patch to hang my glove near the ball holder so I'll have to see how well it holds over time.

The ball holder on the outside and the quick snap access for any other extra balls at the bottom or the storage pocket will be very handy. My Nike Bag didn't have a single pocket that would hold my iPhone, wallet and keys in 1 place comfortably. The side easy access pocket could hold all of them and more however I could see how water might collect and drain into the pocket in wet conditions since the pocket isn't actually sealed.. The easy access will come in handy at the turn if I need my wallet to grab a clubhouse snack.

It fits nicely in my ClubGlider travel bag if I ever need to travel again. The only place it was a touch snug was near the plastic handle at the top when zipping it but I assume every bag does that since I had the same thing with my Nike bag. In fact, this might have been slightly easier to zip past that point.

IMG_0784.jpegIMG_0785.jpeg

I got my stand bag today and got everything organized. Initial impressions are good. This is only from walking around in my living room but I feel like I have less club chatter on this 8 way setup than I did on my Nike Hybrid 14 way bag. It definitely seems to have more storage space than my previous bag too. I definitely like having a bit of extra space at the top to more easily fit my Orange Whip and any extra shafts or alignment rods I want to carry to the range. There is only a small velcro patch to hang my glove near the ball holder so I'll have to see how well it holds over time.

The ball holder on the outside and the quick snap access for any other extra balls at the bottom or the storage pocket will be very handy. My Nike Bag didn't have a single pocket that would hold my iPhone, wallet and keys in 1 place comfortably. The side easy access pocket could hold all of them and more however I could see how water might collect and drain into the pocket in wet conditions since the pocket isn't actually sealed.. The easy access will come in handy at the turn if I need my wallet to grab a clubhouse snack.

It fits nicely in my ClubGlider travel bag if I ever need to travel again. The only place it was a touch snug was near the plastic handle at the top when zipping it but I assume every bag does that since I had the same thing with my Nike bag. In fact, this might have been slightly easier to zip past that point.

View attachment 8994936View attachment 8994938
I like this bag more the more I see it. What are your thoughts on that towel loop? Does it seem like it will hold up over time?

I like this bag more the more I see it. What are your thoughts on that towel loop? Does it seem like it will hold up over time?
We'll see. It isn't very thick but looks sturdy.

I'm the type of guy who carries 2-3 towels on my bag in warm weather with a carabiner since I sweat a lot. I do wish it was more of a hard plastic loop like my Nike bag had but I'll certainly notice if it starts failing once it gets some regular use.

Reactions: KEV
We'll see. It isn't very thick but looks sturdy.

I'm the type of guy who carries 2-3 towels on my bag in warm weather with a carabiner since I sweat a lot. I do wish it was more of a hard plastic loop like my Nike bag had but I'll certainly notice if it starts failing once it gets some regular use.
It's good to hear it looks sturdy. At some point my towel loop fell off my OGIO Alpha cart bag and they no longer have replacements so it's a feature I put a little extra focus on now.

It's good to hear it looks sturdy. At some point my towel loop fell off my OGIO Alpha cart bag and they no longer have replacements so it's a feature I put a little extra focus on now.
Certainly no guarantees but I guess it all comes down to how well the loop is stitched into the body. If it does fail, I would assume it would be there versus the loop breaking in the middle.

That towel loop looks similar to the one on the original Shadow Fuse stand bag I have. If it's as good as that one, it should not be a concern. I had a towel looped through it and a rangefinder hanging off it most days, and occasionally had another towel hanging from a clip off of it. There's not the slightest sign of wear on or around that loop.

Liking this bag more and more.... (and that’s a nice PING setup!!)
Thanks. I'm very strongly considering getting the G425 fairway and hybrids because of the new Facewrap combined with the fact I live on the bottom half of the club face but up until now the G410 have been the best fit for me. The G410 head covers just end up being a perfect match for the bag and it is also purely coincidental the EXO head cover is red and black too.

Thanks. I'm very strongly considering getting the G425 fairway and hybrids because of the new Facewrap combined with the fact I live on the bottom half of the club face but up until now the G410 have been the best fit for me. The G410 head covers just end up being a perfect match for the bag and it is also purely coincidental the EXO head cover is red and black too.

I’m eyeing the PING G425 driver. Currently playing a Titleist 915 and we’ve not seen eye to eye - I’m just very inconsistent with it. I’m planning to get fit for this one and get a shaft that’s optimized for my swing. Honestly, I think that is the main issue with my driver.

I see Ogio are saying the 14 way divider on the cart bags is the Woode system. How is that again? Surely it’s just a regular 14 way divider. The whole point of woode, is separate holes for the woods and hybrids and combined holes for the irons, and is what makes the system so brilliant.

View attachment 8994936View attachment 8994938

I really didn’t like the new look woode. Didn’t like the way it was a plastic top. Looking at your pics though with the clubs in place, I may be changing my mind.

I really didn’t like the new look woode. Didn’t like the way it was a plastic top. Looking at your pics though with the clubs in place, I may be changing my mind.
My first reaction was the same but after I sat and thought about it for a bit it bothered me less. Since I've liked 14 way tops, this helps me keep it organized but have a bite more room. Maybe it's the black color hiding it but once you get clubs and head covers in there you hardly notice it.

Beside the all black this May be my favorite color way..

238094D0-A50D-43A9-BB28-490E185FB3AD.jpegB75DB7ED-E057-4580-B8FE-37C19DE95251.jpeg

I see Ogio are saying the 14 way divider on the cart bags is the Woode system. How is that again? Surely it’s just a regular 14 way divider. The whole point of woode, is separate holes for the woods and hybrids and combined holes for the irons, and is what makes the system so brilliant.
The woode 15 top on the cart bag is not much different than otter 14 way bags. I do like the molded top on it and it seems like the compartment for each club is maybe slightly larger than my Ping 14 way cart bag. My Ping cart bag is 10+ years old and the midsize grips were always getting caught and that didn’t happen with the Ogio woode 15. I do like the 15 slots versus 14131EDA47-76AF-4CC9-91AB-923A8D9EAD9F.jpeg

The woode 15 top on the cart bag is not much different than otter 14 way bags. I do like the molded top on it and it seems like the compartment for each club is maybe slightly larger than my Ping 14 way cart bag. My Ping cart bag is 10+ years old and the midsize grips were always getting caught and that didn’t happen with the Ogio woode 15. I do like the 15 slots versus 14View attachment 8995017
Really liking this design of the dividers. 15 dividers would be good since I keep my alignment sticks and swing trainers in one of my dividers now.

Back