2021 Open Championship Contest and Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I expected a better response from Cobra, or any OEM in their position.

Seems like a few folks are going to wish they hadn’t said what they said.

I expected a better response from Cobra, or any OEM in their position.

Heck, I applaud them for their response. The guy has a habit of blaming everything else but himself and now he craps on a piece of equipment they probably put their blood, sweat and tears in to. Maybe that was the straw that broke the back.

A guy at the bar calls your girl ugly you're going to have to respond!

Quoted from Ben Schomin Cobra’s Tour Ops Mgr

“He has never really been happy, ever. Like, it’s very rare where he’s happy,” Schomin said. “Now he’s in a place where he’s swinging a 5-degree driver with 200 mph of ball speed. Everybody is looking for a magic bullet. Well, the magic bullet becomes harder and harder to find the faster you swing and the lower your loft gets.”

Full article here -https://golfweek.usatoday.com/2021/07/15/bryson-dechambeau-british-open-cobra-driver-sucks/

Heck, I applaud them for their response. The guy has a habit of blaming everything else but himself and now he craps on a piece of equipment they probably put their blood, sweat and tears in to. Maybe that was the straw that broke the back.

i don't know the contracts, but i would think he's one of if not the highest paid staffer for them. way to bite the hand that feeds you.

I agree. I worded that wrong. Meant to say I expected a more “PC” response and I like the OEM defending their gear.

• Appreciation
Reactions: KEV
I hope Cobra drops his ass. His comments could conceivable cost hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars in company value. I know how much effort goes to accommodate his goofy ass and he clearly has no clue how to be a brand ambassador.

I hope Cobra drops his ass. His comments could conceivable cost hundreds of jobs and millions of dollars in company value. I know how much effort goes to accommodate his goofy ass and he clearly has no clue how to be a brand ambassador.
somehow I think he will be asked about that comment again in the next few days. we'll see how he pivots.

Bryson is not happy with his driver

How do they keep him on staff? You just can’t have a paid pro publicly saying that about your gear.

if you got to theopen.com you can stream some holes/featured groups for free.
Cool thanks! Time for the double screen while I'm working ;)

Cobra’s comments just make me further question consumer buying habits. He outright said Bryson plays Cobra-Bryson equipment, not Cobra everyone else equipment. But the exposure is good. Or was good.

JT is having a rough go at it.

Eagle putt for Rory!

Cobra’s comments just make me further question consumer buying habits. He outright said Bryson plays Cobra-Bryson equipment, not Cobra everyone else equipment. But the exposure is good. Or was good.

that's not uncommon, though. callaway comes to mind with their many tour-only clubs.

Well not necessarily if he is correct! 🤣

i just read schomin's entire quote. spot on. i hope bryson learns from this, because i would think other oems are paying attention.

Bryson is not happy with his driver

His interview was not good. How long have people been talking about his wedges becoming an issue? When they(wedges & putting) are on he is nearly impossible to beat.

Bryson Bryson Bryson, you can't say that. You can say it if you mean you suck with the driver but you can't say the equipment sucks.

Bryson Bryson Bryson, you can't say that. You can say it if you mean you suck with the driver but you can't say the equipment sucks.

Terrible look for him. I've defended him for some things, but man this was not good.

i just read schomin's entire quote. spot on. i hope bryson learns from this, because i would think other oems are paying attention.

the entire article gives a better picture for sure. You Get the sense frustrations have been there for a while and the R&D guys have had enough of his antics.

I’m curious to see how this one plays out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back