Tour Event 2021 Pebble Beach Pro Am

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
While there will be no Pro-Am portion of the event, it should still bring some fireworks.
Nick Taylor is the defending champion.
Big names include Dustin Johnson, Phil Mickelson and Jordan Spieth

Look forward to watching this year! Hope Spieth can keep his good play going.

Hot take: This will be better with no celebrities.

I really like this tournament, but showing celebrity shots at Pebble Beach on Sunday instead of the players gets on my nerves.

Let’s hope next Sunday is half as exciting as yesterday

Hot take: This will be better with no celebrities.

I really like this tournament, but showing celebrity shots at Pebble Beach on Sunday instead of the players gets on my nerves.

Gotta agree. Ams and celebs should be off screen all weekend. I have no interest in watching some random CEO playing golf

Gotta agree. Ams and celebs should be off screen all weekend. I have no interest in watching some random CEO playing golf
Or the Dr. On General Hospital? Nah, I'm good

Pretty weak field this week. Thought the lack of a pro am might have interested more of the top players. Guess not. Have DJ and Cantlay and then a huge drop off. Should still be a fun watch as Pebble always looks great.

Pebble beach is always a good watch!

Gotta agree, while Bill Murray is sometimes fun, I really want to see the players instead..

Always enjoy this one, agree that it will be better without celebs. I know Bill Murray is an icon because of Caddyshack, but to me his schtick is played out and I don't have a lot of interest in watching random celebs hit the ball around. Hope Jordan continues on the comeback trail and builds on what he did last weekend.

Or the Dr. On General Hospital? Nah, I'm good

If you’re talking about Jack Wagner, he’s actually a very good golfer. Still, I’m not interested in seeing him play on the weekend during a tour event.

I won’t miss bill murray..

I’ll watch this event a little more likely this week without the am’s in the event

I’ll watch this event a little more likely this week without the am’s in the event

gotta be too cool with playing it being so fresh in your memory!!!

You can give us some better insight now having played there..

Phil typically plays well at Pebble. Think he was runner up recently. That said, I don't know how you pick anyone other than DJ at the moment.

And just like that, Jordan Spieth is a big name again!

I've been watching this tournament since it was the Crosby Clambake with Bing and Phil Harris! This is the one that really gets me jonesing for golf!

And just like that, Jordan Spieth is a big name again!
I mean he has multiple majors and many wins. If I said Tiger was in the field, would he be a big name again? He hasn’t been relevant for a bit either 😀

This will at least be watchable without the amateurs although weaker field is a bit of a drag but beautiful course. I’ll probably watch a bit.

Kamaiu Johnson listed in the Notables in the Field with the likes of DJ, Spieth, Lefty and Fowler. So glad to see this kid getting his shot.

I mean he has multiple majors and many wins. If I said Tiger was in the field, would he be a big name again? He hasn’t been relevant for a bit either 😀

In this field he definitely is one of the biggest names, and he could actually win. Its not far from an alternate field event at this point. Too bad for Pebble.

Back