2021 Ping Putters

My putter is 15+ years old and does not even have a model/make name on it. I'm wanting to upgrade, but I have almost no idea what I am looking for in a putter. I tried one of these out just at Golf Galaxy the other day. It seemed to come off the face pretty well, but then again almost anything would be an upgrade from what Im using. Also, seems like a decent price comparatively to other new putters.

I tend to read a thread then go to the companies website if I'm interested. I checked out the Ping site but can't get my head around their putters for some reason. I have owned several Ping putters but they were more understated.

Used the Harwood for the first time today. The alignment is fantastic. Really happy with the roll of the ball. So happy with it.It gave me so much confidence to hit putts harder.

After quite a few rounds using it and on different types of greens im am starting to get this dialled in.Last few rounds i have been peppering the pin (on fast,medium and slow greens).Made some great putts and my confidence is soaring with it.
Still managed to 3 putt on 1 hole today but that was down to me and not the club (completely read the green wrong and lost concentration).

Short putts just seem to go in,midrange putts im having a lot of success compared to my scotty cameron newport,Long range im getting within gimme range consistently.

Love this putter (just as well for the price of it)

Picked up the Tyne today, really thought I was going to walk out with a Cobra Nova but after trying the Ping I was sold. Can’t wait to get it out to a real green and roll some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now gone 3 rounds straight without a 3 putt.Confidence is great with the Harwood

1632616254807.png

Are the tungsten weights up front meant to be similar to the Cleveland Frontline putters? I'm assuming yes, but don't know how much weight is in play here, and whether the intended benefits are the same.

Tried a few of these yesterday at golftown and was extremely impressed with how soft they felt and the nice sound they made. They were almost soft enough with whatever ball was on the demo mat that if I was putting heads up, I would question if I hit the ball unless it was a mid-to-long range putt.

I continue to be very happy with my Anser. Distance control has become intuitive and I really like the grip (which is a factor I underestimated on previous putters). I have not looked at any other putters this season.

Tried out a few more of the Ping putters this week, among a few other brands. Was rolling the Anser 4 better than anything else I tried though. I really like the soft feel off the face, and felt like it was point and shoot. I'm never a huge fan of the Ping putter shafts, but didn't seem to cause any issues either so probably just mental. The PP58 grip is also excellent. Looking forward to rolling this again next time I'm in the shop.

Tried out a few more of the Ping putters this week, among a few other brands. Was rolling the Anser 4 better than anything else I tried though. I really like the soft feel off the face, and felt like it was point and shoot. I'm never a huge fan of the Ping putter shafts, but didn't seem to cause any issues either so probably just mental. The PP58 grip is also excellent. Looking forward to rolling this again next time I'm in the shop.
What about their shafts doesn't feel right to you? Having only tried like 3 putters in the last 10 years, I can't say that I would even know what a shaft does for a putter.

I just got the DS 72, which I tried for the first time on the practice green yesterday. So far, so good! I like the look and the way it swings, and putted really well with it in practice. Looking forward to trying it in a round.

What about their shafts doesn't feel right to you? Having only tried like 3 putters in the last 10 years, I can't say that I would even know what a shaft does for a putter.

At least in the last few Ping releases, they've had an extendable putter shaft. This is an awesome feature since it allows you to mess around with the length of the putter super easily. However, it also was kinda flimsy IMO so it always felt like using a really whippy shaft in the putter. And once it's dialed in, you probably aren't going to be adjusting the putter length all that much.

Even their non-extendable shafts are pretty thin and feel loose/flexible. Not saying it's a huge issue, but something I noticed as I've been playing a lot of the new extra stiff aftermarket putter shafts that have been the new trend the past couple years. Ping seems to go the opposite route and have really basic stock putter shafts.

I just got the DS 72, which I tried for the first time on the practice green yesterday. So far, so good! I like the look and the way it swings, and putted really well with it in practice. Looking forward to trying it in a round.

I don't mind not having the adjustable length feature in the 2021 series because I am comfortable with the 34" length and by not having the adjustable feature, I have options for different grips in the future. Also, the black shaft is cool looking :cool:.

I don't mind not having the adjustable length feature in the 2021 series because I am comfortable with the 34" length and by not having the adjustable feature, I have options for different grips in the future. Also, the black shaft is cool looking :cool:.

I hit the 2021 putters again yesterday and thought the same thing. The gloss black looks really nice, and Ping really knows how to make a balanced putter. I was putting really well with the new Anser heads and PP58 Ping grips made by Golf Pride.

I have been playing the DS 72 for about 6 weeks or so. I’m happy with it.

Ended up picking up the Anser 4 yesterday. This was about the 10th time I've rolled it in the store and finally decided to pull the trigger. Looking forward to getting it out on the course!

Haven't even taken the wrapping off yet :D
20211220_153149.jpg

Still loving the Harwood.My putting is the best its been,even been complemented on it by my playing partner.
Sank an absolute beauty today. Downhill with a left then right turn.Smack bang in the middle of the hole to get a 2.

Great putter.

I've got both a Kushin 4 and a Harwood. Excellent feel on both.
I really enjoy the insert in these. Soft when you want it to be soft and firm when you need it to be. The roll it produces is also great. Amazing putter for the price

I really enjoy the insert in these. Soft when you want it to be soft and firm when you need it to be. The roll it produces is also great. Amazing putter for the price

Totally agreed about the feel of the insert. I'm a sucker for a softer insert, and this one also has the benefit of firming up a bit on the longer putts to help with distance control.

I think the grooves also help get some topspin, as it rolls a lot more smoothly off the face versus my Toulon Austin. It's actually comparable to my two Odyssey microhinge putters, which also roll really nicely.

Still loving the Harwood.My putting is the best its been,even been complemented on it by my playing partner.
Sank an absolute beauty today. Downhill with a left then right turn.Smack bang in the middle of the hole to get a 2.

Great putter.

Agree. My hardwood is money.

New Harwood en route. Interest to see how stable this is.

Back