2021 Ping Putters

I think I can go pickup a Scotty Cameron today. PLD... not so much.

Limited edition. Same could be said for the Spider X chalk/neon yellow and the Cobra King 3D putter which sold out as well.

I mentioned nothing of availability. Just price.

Ok, so what compares to a scotty or other premium putters readily available? Maybe the Vault lines?

I have the Anser in this line - definitely the most stable anser-style head that I have ever tried. Insert is interesting - not quite as soft as the Sigma 2 and definitely more firm on longer putts. Very happy with it to this point.

I checked these out today and was surprised by the feel of the insert, in a positive way. Recently I've thought Ping went way too soft with the inserts and this one felt firmer to me, almost that happy medium of what I like. I really like the look of the Tyne Center Shaft. I don't think the sole of the putter will win any awards but overall a nice putter. Nothing about them had me clamoring to hand over my credit card but overall a nice offering.

I checked these out today and was surprised by the feel of the insert, in a positive way. Recently I've thought Ping went way too soft with the inserts and this one felt firmer to me, almost that happy medium of what I like. I really like the look of the Tyne Center Shaft. I don't think the sole of the putter will win any awards but overall a nice putter. Nothing about them had me clamoring to hand over my credit card but overall a nice offering.

I agree very much with this. I think its overall a really good offering, but nothing jaw dropping. At the local golf store, I'm able to 'test drive' equipment so I took the Harwood out. It was something for my eye to get used to (looks like a giant roman numeral 3), but the feel and ability to keep a constant stroke off non center strikes was very good. I personally think it will have a tough time getting people away from the 2021 2ball ten putter.

I was back in the store yesterday and was dead set on having a battery between the center shaft Tyne and new 2 Ball. After rolling both of those for awhile I grabbed a Fetch just because I wanted to try picking up a ball with it. I ended up absolutely loving that thing! The combination of the grip shape, head shape and weight just clicked for me. Unfortunately they only had one and the face had a mark in it otherwise I probably would have brought it home. It seemed automatic on short putts.

The insert has such a unique feel. It's interesting how it can feel soft on short putts but quite a bit more firm on longer putts. I'm not sure I've tried an insert before that did that.

I have the fetch and absolutely love it. The feel, roll, and looks . The new style looks like a mini Ketsch which I liked before . Distance control is really outstanding .
gb

Talk about a bag transformation this year 😂
No kidding! The crazy thing is it wasn't even intentional.

With that said, next week I'm going to be starting a new adventure not related to this putter...

That didn't take long. ;)

This picture was from yesterday. Where's the on-course feedback??? :alien: :LOL:
Haha, I slacked a bit didn't I? Unfortunately I was pretty terrible yesterday in our team match play match and didn't have a putt inside 15 feet. That just means I tested the lag putting a lot in my 9 holes and the results were ridiculously good. Every lag putt I had left me within gimme range which was great to see. However I don't know what the performance is on short putts yet.

I'm a fan of the feel of it though. It's softer feeling than I normally like but on long putts it becomes a little more firm which really helps.

I have my second round match tomorrow in our league match play championship so it will be tested a lot harder tomorrow.

I rolled the Tyne 4 and the Oslo H today. Man they felt great to me. I really like the Ping grips and the black shafts. The weight and feel… man I like these.

DS 72 went from the pro shop into my bag yesteday.

Many putts were drained. Won my club comp two days in a row.

No complaints :D

I did the same thing last week! Paired it with the Ping Coastal Blade Cover too!

I like the looks of the DS 72. Happy to hear that you are having success with it.

I play a PING Ketsch Vault 2.0 and love it (just not after last round) but anyway, looked at a Harwood as I wasn’t familiar with its shape from Ping and man was it easy to put a decent stroke on it. Hate the smaller grip and GG didn’t have any of the mids, so that can be changed but who did it feel good.

Ended up pulling trigger.

I cannot believe there isn’t more talk about the Harwood. If you have a need for a stable putter head that moves back and thru without any misdirection, this is the head. Isn’t that why anyone plays a mallet?

I even bought a directed force.

The Harwood is the easiest putter to pull back and thru I’ve ever tried.

These putters are nice. Much better than I expected. The face has a soft but solid feel. My biggest problem is I will admit to not being much of a Ping fan.

I’m not a hater of any putter if it works. The face does feel great. Soft but has a audible ting on longer putts. Rolls well but feels better. Can’t get over the stability.

Just pulled the trigger on a Harwood 2021. arriving tomorrow and hopefully play it thurs.

Im currently hitting between a scotty cameron newport select and a taylormade spider tour. Ill report back after a couple of rounds.

Just pulled the trigger on a Harwood 2021. arriving tomorrow and hopefully play it thurs.

Im currently hitting between a scotty cameron newport select and a taylormade spider tour. Ill report back after a couple of rounds.

I may still have putter lust but I am down 2.2 strokes a round with Harwood. It’s the best putter I have used to date. The stability is even better than my LAB directed force (for me).

Back