2021 PXG 0211 Long Iron Question

Ubergoose

Reaction score
Handicap
I have a fitting set up next week for the 0211's and was hoping for any thoughts/feedback anyone might have on the longer irons - 5 iron specifically. I am expecting to go 5-W, which given the lofts I'm looking at as more of a 4-9 set up, then going into my TK 45* and Scor 50*/55* to finish out my set.

I currently play i25s and am looking to get something with a little more forgiveness, get close to the green more often and let my short game help me make more pars.

Looking for any user feedback on the playability of the 21* 5 iron. Ideally, I'm hopeful that with the progressive set up of the 0211's the 5 iron might play more like a utility than most 21* irons do. Even considering having it bent to 20* to give more of a gap between the 5 & 6 since, like most amateurs, I hit the 4/5/6 close to the same distance far too often. I also am not sure if they'll have a 5 iron I can hit to see if it really fits me of if I should cut the set at the 6 iron and find a better option in the 21-22* range.

I carry the i25 5 iron for most of my rounds, but that is a 27*. I don't usually bag my 24* 4-iron in favor of a p790 4-iron.

Just my opinion. I had my set (5-GW) bent 1 degree strong. I pretty much don't use my 3 and 4 hybrid anymore. I use my 5 iron on short par 4's or when I need accuracy. I personally would get the 5 iron as the loft helps if you have to hit under trees, its easy to control and you will have consistency through out the set (as far as lofts go). Once you get used to playing them you will dial in the distances and you will just turn around and wish you purchased the 5 iron (I wish I purchased the 4 iron).

I have 5-LW in the 0211, the 5 iron is not difficult to hit, however it's just a distance club for me as I hit it quite low. I only use it if there is no trouble or I just need to get it out there. My shotscope stats show i hit my 6 iron better though. Its still in my bag though

Just my opinion. I had my set (5-GW) bent 1 degree strong. I pretty much don't use my 3 and 4 hybrid anymore. I use my 5 iron on short par 4's or when I need accuracy. I personally would get the 5 iron as the loft helps if you have to hit under trees, its easy to control and you will have consistency through out the set (as far as lofts go). Once you get used to playing them you will dial in the distances and you will just turn around and wish you purchased the 5 iron (I wish I purchased the 4 iron).
I have 5-LW in the 0211, the 5 iron is not difficult to hit, however it's just a distance club for me as I hit it quite low. I only use it if there is no trouble or I just need to get it out there. My shotscope stats show i hit my 6 iron better though. Its still in my bag though

Thanks for the thoughts on the 5 iron guys, a few more questions
Were you fit by PXG?
Did they have anything other than the 7 to hit?
What shaft did you go with/what were you playing before?

I'm very interested in the MMT 80g Stiff, never played graphite in irons, but have heard such good things about those that I'm intrigued. I've hit the elevate 95s in a Mavrik and really don't like the feel of it - I already hit the ball high so don't really need a boost there.

Thanks for the thoughts on the 5 iron guys, a few more questions
Were you fit by PXG?
Did they have anything other than the 7 to hit?
What shaft did you go with/what were you playing before?

I'm very interested in the MMT 80g Stiff, never played graphite in irons, but have heard such good things about those that I'm intrigued. I've hit the elevate 95s in a Mavrik and really don't like the feel of it - I already hit the ball high so don't really need a boost there.
Was not fit, however had last years 0211 irons and I was standard in those. I got the mmt 60g senior shafts as I do not have much speed and the feel great, not whippy at all and launch pretty high for such strong lofts. I do play the even flow 50g reg flex shafts in my 0211 fairways and 59g helium black in my l
Ptoto driver as again I do not have a high swing speed.

Clubs are working for me as my index has dropped 3 shots since i started using the clubs this season.

Back