Tour Event 2021 Ryder Cup

Yeah.. it only takes a few idiots to ruin it for everyone. But the same thing happens when it's played in Europe. Some pretend those crowds are perfectly civilized but there have been plenty of videos showing the opposite. Let's just call it what it is. Certain fans act poorly especially when they've had too much to drink. I love the Ryder Cup and maybe they need to define what is and isn't okay for the fans and police it a little better

I think the players wives is an American issue, although Freddie Couples ex wife may have been a target.

Let's just all agree that Americans are uncultured swine and Europeans are models of composure and good will, and let it go. I'm pretty sure that's the point that's trying to be driven home here.

Let's just all agree that Americans are uncultured swine and Europeans are models of composure and good will, and let it go. I'm pretty sure that's the point that's trying to be driven home here.
I can't speak for all Americans but I've got no problem with that.. 🤣

Why do you think that? I used two of my all time heroes, Arnie and Jack to make the point. If I agree, I am insulting them, which I would never do.

I started by describing the poor behaviour at the Belfry when they cheered the tee shots in the water. The only difference I see is the alcohol consumption. Having attended events in USA and Europe, there is far more drinking in USA at the event.

:confused2::confused2::confused2:

Why do you think that? I used two of my all time heroes, Arnie and Jack to make the point. If I agree, I am insulting them, which I would never do.

I started by describing the poor behaviour at the Belfry when they cheered the tee shots in the water. The only difference I see is the alcohol consumption. Having attended events in USA and Europe, there is far more drinking in USA at the event.

They had whiskey dram stations at the Open I attended, and it was cold, drizzling, and windy (a perfect Scottish day!) so I mean.. The option to get hammered was just as available. maybe European patrons do a better job of policing themselves in the crowd? I don't remember hearing much to any chirping, but it was also not the Ryder Cup.

The only difference I see is the alcohol consumption. Having attended events in USA and Europe, there is far more drinking in USA at the event.
Having attended events in both countries, including majors in both, and a Ryder Cup in Wales, this is true. Europe tend to get golf crowds. US tends to get a mix of golf crowds, but others that want a day out at a sporting event. I’ve no issues with that, but it explains the weekly mashed potatoes crap.

I was being tongue in cheek. I think this event started more civilized and then escalated over time. I think tour events like the waste management bring in a new group of fans who want to drink a bunch and be rowdy. This clearly carries over to other events. I do think they should set clear expectations for the patrons and police it.

Watching it as well! This is the first time since I played Whistling Straits in October and it is so fun to see the course again!

Means I can finally see what happened, instead of being stuck in low spots behind people.

Means I can finally see what happened, instead of being stuck in low spots behind people.

I still have one of these from when I attended the '02 U.S. Open at Bethpage. You couldn't get within 40ft of any green Tiger was on but with ths gadget, you could see over top of everyone. It was pretty cool.

Mickelson-Group-Inc-QWM-1-SportScope-Golf-Viewing-Periscope.jpg

Haven't used it since!

I still have one of these from when I attended the '02 U.S. Open at Bethpage. You couldn't get within 40ft of any green Tiger was on but with ths gadget, you could see over top of everyone. It was pretty cool.

Mickelson-Group-Inc-QWM-1-SportScope-Golf-Viewing-Periscope.jpg

Haven't used it since!

Not gonna lie, I saw someone with one of these and had immediate regret that I didn’t own one

Happy birthday Jordan! I’ll always remember this shot, so cool!

Back