Tour Event 2021 Ryder Cup

Boo I wanted Bryson!

Slightly surprised not to see Fleetwood start, but those blue pairings look pretty good to me.

I like the Morikawa/DJ pairing a lot

Going to do my best to somehow cheer for Koepka/Berger.

The only one that surprised me is Casey/Hovland. And I guess I’m a bit surprised to see Westy out there.

Last 3 cups the Friday AM session has been a strong suit for the USA. I feel like it will be again. Session two though has been pretty putrid so important to get off to that good start.

Last 3 cups the Friday AM session has been a strong suit for the USA. I feel like it will be again. Session two though has been pretty putrid so important to get off to that good start.

Case and point

Last 3...session 1 US leads 9.5 to 2.5
Session 2 Euro leads 10.5-1.5

Case and point

I’m no match whiz but that seems less than ideal

Isn’t it foursomes that the US traditionally struggle in? I always thought they were better at fourballs.

I like the Morikawa/DJ pairing a lot
That was my immediate, and noticable, reaction. I like it, and explained that to my confused wife. When she said 'don't you need to go to the gym?' I knew she wanted to rewind and watch them announce it again, all by herself. ;)

Case and point

Isn’t four ball usually first and foursomes session 2?

For easy reference:

I like Stricker. But him trying to start off by being the "ra-ra" guy just doesn't seem to fit.

it felt forced and flat for sure. I wish they’d let the guys speak from the cuff instead of the teleprompter. A lot of awkward silence/pauses.

it felt forced and flat for sure. I wish they’d let the guys speak from the cuff instead of the teleprompter. A lot of awkward silence/pauses.
Totally agree on the forced.

I’m saying 2-2 after first matches.

I’m saying 2-2 after first matches.
I go 2.5-1.5 Europe.

I like the Spanish Armada, and also hate it.

I love the DJ/Morikawa pairing.

Westy and Berger are gonna be annoying enough to push BK and Berger.

Rory and IJP is gonna be a lot of yelling when putts drop. They probably win this on 16.

I go 2.5-1.5 Europe.

I like the Spanish Armada, and also hate it.

I love the DJ/Morikawa pairing.

Westy and Berger are gonna be annoying enough to push BK and Berger.

Rory and IJP is gonna be a lot of yelling when putts drop. They probably win this on 16.

i think match 2 is huge. Morikawa has been bad since the Open and DJ is a total enigma this year. Casey and Hovland will be in the fairway all day off the tee.

my predictions
Match 1 - Europe
Match 2. - AS
Match 3 - USA
Match 4 - AS

if they had a tag team name it would be “Boring Interview”
With that said I am the opposite, both players are streaky putters and would like to see a consistency in the mix. If they get hot great. If not they could get steamrolled and DJ is not exactly on fire recently.

if they had a tag team name it would be “Boring Interview”

I kinda wonder if it’s the quality of the questions being asked too. The media ask someone weak sauce questions more often than not. DJ just isn’t gonna give you a great answer on anything. Morikawa may just be bored.

I kinda wonder if it’s the quality of the questions being asked too. The media ask someone weak sauce questions more often than not. DJ just isn’t gonna give you a great answer on anything. Morikawa may just be bored.
It’s not. Go read Cantlay and DJ being asked the same question. One gave an insightful answer and the other was DJ with the “uhhh they played better”

Back