Tour Event 2021 Sony Open

No TV coverage until 7pm?!

@Nate guess who is -3 thru 6???

1610649617705.png

7 PM ET is Noon Hawaii time, sounds about right.
A couple hours off, but I’m gonna miss all off Higgs’s birdies and he’s already had 4!

I’m currently watching. I really enjoy the prime time viewing.

Was nice to hear Justin Leonard talk about the course designer Seth Raynor and about hole 17 being a Redan Hole.

Finally getting to watch some of the first round. Kokrak looking pretty good.

Sweet coverage goes until 10:30! I thought it was over at 10

The mental 2 week planning for TOC & The Sony are front and center again

Niemann sneaks an eagle chip in for the third 62 of the day!

That was a heck of a hole...he was all over the place.
He had a few like that last week. It’s cool to see him shake it off and focus on the next shot.

Si Woo shaking that ass, Shaking that ass.....

Some of you guys watch golf a LOT more than I do, so tell me, is Morikawa a crap putter or what? I'm casually watching today's coverage while I work and for someone that doesn't watch a lot of golf, I feel like I see him miss a lot of putts he really needs to make. I know he's made some clutch putts in the last year, but no one can count on making some of those. The inconsistency I've seen in sporadic viewing of him on ones a guy needs to count on feels kind of unique for someone with his rapid successes. What's the deal?

Draftkings Lineup:

Webb Simpson $11,100
Daniel Berger $10,000
Zach Johnson $8,500
Robert Streb $6,800
Brian Gay $6,700
Ryan Armour $6,500
I went with:

Daniel Berger $10,000
Cameron Smith $9,600
Abraham Ancer $9,400
Emiliano Grillo $7,900
Anirban Lahiri $6,700
Nick Hardy $6,300

Nobody really had a bad day, but I need a few good rounds to get through to the weekend.

Some of you guys watch golf a LOT more than I do, so tell me, is Morikawa a crap putter or what? I'm casually watching today's coverage while I work and for someone that doesn't watch a lot of golf, I feel like I see him miss a lot of putts he really needs to make. I know he's made some clutch putts in the last year, but no one can count on making some of those. The inconsistency I've seen in sporadic viewing of him on ones a guy needs to count on feels kind of unique for someone with his rapid successes. What's the deal?
He's currently 220th out of 250 players in SG: Putting. Brilliant ballstriker, but he definitely needs a hot putter to contend.

He is in fact not a very good putter. He is one of the best approach players, but struggles around the green.

Meanwhile in sad tour news for a previous star - didn't think deserved a separate thread but

Watching the replay of yesterday’s round right now. Niemann can move the ball off the tee for a small guy.

yep, he's a crappy putter

I didn't know they went to 256

5F6AEBBA-1DA8-49B0-A9AD-67F068FA8579.jpeg

Back