Tour Event 2021 Sony Open

Some of you guys watch golf a LOT more than I do, so tell me, is Morikawa a crap putter or what? I'm casually watching today's coverage while I work and for someone that doesn't watch a lot of golf, I feel like I see him miss a lot of putts he really needs to make. I know he's made some clutch putts in the last year, but no one can count on making some of those. The inconsistency I've seen in sporadic viewing of him on ones a guy needs to count on feels kind of unique for someone with his rapid successes. What's the deal?
I’d be interested to see his lag putting stats versus short putts. It’s not the yips, but man some of his shorties don’t even sniff the hole! Says the pot calling the kettle black.

I’d be interested to see his lag putting stats versus short putts. It’s not the yips, but man some of his shorties don’t even sniff the hole! Says the pot calling the kettle black.

Matsuyama is getting there also. He’s missed more short putts than I recall him ever Missing.

with Morikawa I wonder if mixing up the putter shape helps him

Matsuyama is getting there also. He’s missed more short putts than I recall him ever Missing.

with Morikawa I wonder if mixing up the putter shape helps him
Oh no! I thought Matsuyama was making improvements towards the end of last year, but when he was in his head it was hard to watch. Almost Sergio-like but with a putter!

Van Rooyen all over the place on this hole.

Some putts just not dropping today. English just missed an easy birdie

Ewwww a triple for Van Rooyen there. Ouch

I didnt get to watch any today. but dang, Morikawa is always on the leader board..

Davis Love is in the water still.

Kismet drains the Eagle on nine to come
Within the cut line.

So two days of watching the guys play this course, it really isn’t one of my favorites. Maybe it is the lack of stands, but it looks pretty boring to me.

Didn’t get to tune in at all today 😒 but surprised to see the leaders where they are. Hopefully can catch more coverage this weekend.

Smart play by Nick Taylor on 17. Ball pinned up against the fence & Rules Official asked him how he was going to play the shot. His response left handed which brought the fence back into play. Got granted a 90 degree drop away from the fence. Talk about using the rules to your advantage.

Smart play by Nick Taylor on 17. Ball pinned up against the fence & Rules Official asked him how he was going to play the shot. His response left handed which brought the fence back into play. Got granted a 90 degree drop away from the fence. Talk about using the rules to your advantage.
Very smart. That was all in how he articulated his intent. He wasn’t allowed relief from the boundary fence, but he was allowed relief from the net because it’s a temporary immovable obstruction. Genius move.

Very smart. That was all in how he articulated his intent. He wasn’t allowed relief from the boundary fence, but he was allowed relief from the net because it’s a temporary immovable obstruction. Genius move.
Looks like he is going to pull out a birdie on the hole as well.

Well played Nick Taylor. Nothing wrong will using the rules to your advantage.

Kismet drains the Eagle on nine to come
Within the cut line.
That was a clutch putt by Kiz to make the cut line. Glad to see him there for the weekend, I hear they give away good money for 20th! :LOL:

Apparently I cursed Im, at least he made the cut

Old guys doing well going into the weekend. Cink T2, and KJ Choi, Mike Weir, and Furyk made the cut.

Nick Taylor looking good!! Seven birdies and an eagle!

Back