2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

I’ve been on a quest for a new spinny ball. I’d gotten to the point that I could play a ball long enough before loosing that some of the DTC balls I was gaming were showing their warts.

Ive played 5-6 rounds with ProV1x. Abd now in taking the Z Star XV for a “spin”. Ive only gothave a round with the XV. But I really like them. So looking forward to getting to know them better.

I’ve been on a quest for a new spinny ball. I’d gotten to the point that I could play a ball long enough before loosing that some of the DTC balls I was gaming were showing their warts.

Ive played 5-6 rounds with ProV1x. Abd now in taking the Z Star XV for a “spin”. Ive only gothave a round with the XV. But I really like them. So looking forward to getting to know them better.

if you want spinnier try the Z star XV is great but the spin on the Z star is legit

Played a sleeve of CSX a couple of weeks ago up against my XVs and the XV is firmer if i still have a CSX laying around I’ll try and do a sound video comparing (spotty with my thping and out of town so it may be a bit)
CSX or CSX LS? The XV definitely feels a bit firmer than a CSX to me. He was talking about the LS though.

I just picked up 3 dozen of the XV last week to try out. I got the whites otherwise I’d have sent to a box or two.
Absolutely let me know what you think. I've been pretty impressed with the standard Z-Star so far but as always the allure of the unknown is strong :LOL:

Absolutely let me know what you think. I've been pretty impressed with the standard Z-Star so far but as always the allure of the unknown is strong :LOL:
I haven’t played the Z star yet. I like the XV better than the QST I’ve played before. Not that those are bad balls just not the best fit for my anti spin swing.

as noted in the thread the XV seem softer off my irons and wedges than the 2019 ProV1x. And they are not as loud off the driver too. Which is nuts as the posted spec is higher compression in the XV.

in only a few swings I think I’m getting better peak height too.

Last edited:
if you want spinnier try the Z star XV is great but the spin on the Z star is legit

how so? Based on how I understand these balls, the Z Starhas more green side spin. While the XV has higher ball flight. I’m most interested with the latter.
Am I reading that incorrectly?

how so? Based on how I understand these balls, the Z Starhas more green side spin. While the XV has higher ball flight. I’m most interested with the latter.
Am I reading that incorrectly?

I read your post just as spinny and the z spins more greenside (which was my inference) - you didn’t read it incorrectly- gl w/ your testing

Well my game was pretty garbage today but I will say the Z-Star performed well when given the opportunity. I had several pitches and chips that my playing partner commented on how nicely they checked up. Also had two balls (7 iron) that actually spun back. A little bit of slope on both greens played into it but it was cool to see my ball moving back from the pitch mark on a full swing approach. I definitely think I want to try out ZX as I still feel like I'm losing distance off the tee but it may just be the reality is I'm more 260-270 off the tee rather than 280+ 🤷‍♂️

I played the Z-Star yesterday as I just love it around the greens. While it spins a little more for me off the tee than some other softer offerings, with iron and wedge play it’s just fantastic.

Decided to make the Z Star my full time game ball.
I can get it for cheaper than other comparative balls and it seems to play really well in the wind. I don't know why that is but it really holds its line.
Plus I love the green side spin whilst still getting big distance.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk

The xv has been my go tool for a few years. I really like it. This years ball is no exception.

Hello - Its been quite with feedback on these Srixons.
Anyone with a 88-90mph SS play the XV's?

Hello - Its been quite with feedback on these Srixons.
Anyone with a 88-90mph SS play the XV's?
I have in the past but with my slower SS but I prefer the softer feel of the Z-Star ball... such a good overall gamer.
I would suggest that you try a sleeve or two of the XV's and see for yourself how they work out for you.

I have in the past but with my slower SS but I prefer the softer feel of the Z-Star ball... such a good overall gamer.
I would suggest that you try a sleeve or two of the XV's and see for yourself how they work out for you.

Yes just ordered a dozen of each and see how they play vs the AVX's. Thank you and stay safe!

Yes just ordered a dozen of each and see how they play vs the AVX's. Thank you and stay safe!
The closest to the AVX out of their lineup would be the Q-STAR Tour. Three piece with lower compression like the AVX.

The closest to the AVX out of their lineup would be the Q-STAR Tour. Three piece with lower compression like the AVX.
@JB Interesting I would have assumed the Tour Speed = Q-Star Tour.
Thank you for the feedback and stay safe...

Just ordered a dozen of these this morning. I won a dozen of the last Z-Star model at a tournament a few weeks ago and really liked them, so wanted to see what the new edition is like.

Time to do some testing and see if these can give the CSX a run for a spot in the bag.

11FA25D5-C392-422D-B1A2-5A94DF0A75C8.jpeg

really trying not to order... are the numbers green?

can't wait to hear feedback
No green numbers. I’m hoping for a twilight round tomorrow or Sunday AM. I’ll report back

@jdtox mentioned Z Stars in another thread and I just kinda wanted to remind people that with current prices these

20220411_103039.jpg

are a pretty sweet deal.

This is the third round where I put the ZStar XV's into play. I played the CSX exclusively since it came out and have a decent amount of experience to compare the two.

Driver - I give the edge to the CSX here. Distance wise and the ability for the ball to hold it's line, the XV is really good. I just feel the CSX is a touch softer feeling off the driver. All things being equal they both performed similarly for me off the tee, but I liked the softer CSX.

Irons - This is where I give the nod to the ZStar XV. Where the harshness was felt off the tee, hitting my irons I don't feel that audible "click" or firmness. They felt the exact same way the CSX do off the irons. These are not spinning as much for me as the CSX do and while I was a bit shorter, the shots didn't move as much as the CSX does. Nothing scientific, but the dispersion has been really good with the XV.

Wedges - Here I have to go CSX. This could be some bias at play here or how I delivered the wedges, but the XV rolled out a little more than I cared for. The CSX I have come to rely on a ball landing within a few feet of the pitch mark or rolling back. The ZStar consistently rolled out and I didn't pull one back at all.

Putter - Both felt the same to me. I have been alternating from a milled putter and an OWorks face, so the feel is quite different from the two, but when comparing the two I could play either one without any issues. The main issue for me is missing my TT alignment. I didn't realize how much I had come to rely on TT until I didn't have it. Given that, the CSX wins here.

I think I will give them another try as I have a bunch left. The differences were not deal breakers and other than the TT not being present, I can play these without any issues.

Back