2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

So really interesting to see the comparisons. Ultimately I guess I need to go and hit both side by side in a bay and out on the course to see what may work. I love my Prov1x but I have been playing some srixons here and there lately and would like to give them a go this year.

This thread makes me want to play golf - can't wait to get both of the new ZStar teed up!

This thread makes me want to play golf - can't wait to get both of the new ZStar teed up!

I believe you were an XV user in the past? What makes you decide which one?

I believe you were an XV user in the past? What makes you decide which one?

I like them both pretty well, and in some ways play them almost interchangeably. What makes me lean toward the XV, is that I like the firmer feel both on full shots and around the green, and I like the idea that perhaps a little less spin is helping me control overall curvature. Also that the XV might project through the wind a touch better . I play in a fairly windy mountain area and as a medium to high ball hitter sometimes need help keeping it down (flatter flight) , as opposed to more spin that's prone to stalling.

EDIT - the new aero package on this ball is something I'm excited about. Srixon was already a good ball in the wind, and if they are talking about improvements, they have my attention.

Last edited:
What are your thoughts on the XV? Been playing the TP5 for awhile but may try the XV in yellow.
That's my go to ball. I absolutely love the XV. Lower spinning and distance off the tee, plus enough spin (but too much) on and around the green. I spin it back on full wedge shots, but the regular Z star spins too much for me on full wedge shots. I played the previous version of the XV in the Morgan Cup.

That's my go to ball. I absolutely love the XV. Lower spinning and distance off the tee, plus enough spin (but too much) on and around the green. I spin it back on full wedge shots, but the regular Z star spins too much for me on full wedge shots. I played the previous version of the XV in the Morgan Cup.
May have to grab a sleeve of both and see what happens.

May have to grab a sleeve of both and see what happens.
I seriously don't think you'll be disappointed at all. If you like soft feel off the putter face, do the Z star. But if you like distance off the tee and a little harder feel, not much, but harder, the XV is for you.

First round of the year this morning so not sure how much good feedback I'll have but going to try out both of these balls today

First round of the year this morning so not sure how much good feedback I'll have but going to try out both of these balls today

Man, I like the sound of that. Have fun. I picked up a dozen of each over the weekend - looking forward to trying them.

I keep checking my order status from Srixon, just hoping they would have shipped early. No such luck.

Played each ball for 9 holes today. My thoughts are the same as always. I much prefer the Z-Star to the XV in the feel department. For me the Z-star flight was lower and feels better all around including driver and putter. The XV flew higher but also seemed to cut through the wind pretty well. It’s much firmer feeling off all clubs and it’s not my favorite.

I do think I could play either ball but I prefer the feel the Z-Star gives me. Durability was great on both as well as spin around the greens

Played each ball for 9 holes today. My thoughts are the same as always. I much prefer the Z-Star to the XV in the feel department. For me the Z-star flight was lower and feels better all around including driver and putter. The XV flew higher but also seemed to cut through the wind pretty well. It’s much firmer feeling off all clubs and it’s not my favorite.

I do think I could play either ball but I prefer the feel the Z-Star gives me. Durability was great on both as well as spin around the greens
I think you hit it on the head. I was wondering about the new ones and if there were differences in the models that were different that previous releases. But.... It sounds like the same differences from previous models. I personally like the firmer feel, the control in the wind, the higher ball flight, and the longer distance the XV provides me. I do love the feel on the putter face from the Z star though. Too bad I can't have everything ;)

I think you hit it on the head. I was wondering about the new ones and if there were differences in the models that were different that previous releases. But.... It sounds like the same differences from previous models. I personally like the firmer feel, the control in the wind, the higher ball flight, and the longer distance the XV provides me. I do love the feel on the putter face from the Z star though. Too bad I can't have everything ;)
I don't know how anyone likes that firm feel haha, though in warmer weather it may not be as bad. The ball flight was noticeable as was the ability to cut through the wind which was pretty shocking to me actually.

I don't know how anyone likes that firm feel haha, though in warmer weather it may not be as bad. The ball flight was noticeable as was the ability to cut through the wind which was pretty shocking to me actually.
If temps are under 55 or so I actually do use the Z star not the XV.....;)

Going to put these in play for some sim golf today.

Wow - the Z-Star-XV is already my favorite ball. I can't wait to see the new version!

Finally got to try out the new ball. I went with the standard zstar looking for that spin and what not.

after one round I’m not a huge fan. It was soft. I typically don’t mind a little soft but this felt weird. I also saw A lot of ballooning with my longershots (driver,fw, hybrid and 5 irons). Almost went back to the pro shop to see if I could switch the remaining 3 sleeves for the xv but realized it could have just my swing yesterday. It wasn’t awful but I was coming in a tad steeper than normal.

Im going to give the rest of the dozen a go to see if it was just me or if what I saw was the the ball. I do know that my bstone xs did what I liked comparing.

I want these. Bad. The Divide in yellow/white would be about my ultimate golf ball. I like playing both colors but get torn over which to play, now I don’t have to pick! And the double numbers are badass. Must have.

Everyone go buy lots of Q-Star Tour Divides and tell Srixon we need Z-Star Divide in the US. Thanks!

B6174E21-D4D0-4E78-8EDD-8229D1F0024C.png

PS - adding to the above, I have played a couple of sleeves of the new 2021 Z Star at this point, and it continues to perform superbly for me. I'm looking forward to getting some more rounds in as the seasonal rust wears off and course conditions get more consistent, but right off that bat it is still everything I love about Z Star. Amazing ball around the green for me.

This Golf Ball Release seems to be very "Quiet" from Srixon. Usually they promote the Cr@p out of their Golf balls.

Wonder if we will even see a Father's Day Promo?

20210516_202606.jpg

I played the XV for the first time today. One round sample, but it was mostly good. Tracked down the thread to see how others are feeling about them, but there really isn't much of anything. Which seems.. odd. Lol

Didn't feel overly firm to me. I play firmer balls, and like them, but seeing the compression now, I didn't have guessed it was quite that high. Felt nice, and definitely weren't as loud as some others. Absolutely nothing unpleasant about it to me.

Superficially, I never love the logo. And I don't know if it's from association with their budget balls, but they always look cheaper to me than they are.

Performance wise, they were pretty good out there. I was bombing them off the tee early on. It was unexpected and noticeable. I'd be curious to get numbers on them with that driver setup to see how much my swing today influenced what I saw. Hit a couple real good high carries into the wind and had a couple that rolled out as hoped. Just, pretty good.
I was kind of guessing on iron flights and distances bringing my ZX7 out for the first time in a while with a new to me ball, and I mostly guessed right. Seemed in line with similar balls, and I hit expected distances consistently. Couple shots stood out. 7i into the breeze that I mishit, and it carried 191. I was talking about the strike as soon as it left my club, and at the end of my mini rant as it landed said 'and I bombed it too', because it came down well further than I expected. It was a spinny overdraw that I thought would stand up in the wind some, but didn't. Other one was a 58* wedge that was well struck, and just didn't bite. Was odd. Might have landed on a bit of downslope. Tough to tell. Had some later in the round that looked to have plenty, and a pitch from 54 on 17 that responded well.

Had my Spider FCG today, and that was a unlively combo. I don't know what it was about the cover and that insert or whatever, but there was no feel to it. Duller than usual. Made it feel more like my O'Works insert. Want to get my M Craft IV on it and see what that's like.

The one in the picture is one I played for about 10 or 11 holes. Different one I started with skipped off some crap next the the 3rd green and I'm not blaming that scuff on any ball. Then played this one until around 14 I think, when it was looking pretty rough on most sides. Seemed somewhat typical for here. I'm hard on golf balls and so are the courses, so the chewing on the upper left is pretty standard. That line stood out though. Can't quite figure out how it would scratch like that, especially from any of the shots played. It's uniquely long.

Anyway, rates well for me in a first outing. I'm trying to keep everthing separate in my head for right now with my gamer setup, so I'll mostly continue to play them when I have the ZX7 with me., but I'm excited to get some more time in with them.

Last edited:
View attachment 9008216

I played the XV for the first time today. One round sample, but it was mostly good. Tracked down the thread to see how others are feeling about them, but there really isn't much of anything. Which seems.. odd. Lol

Didn't feel overly firm to me. I play firmer balls, and like them, but seeing the compression now, I didn't have guessed it was quite that high. Felt nice, and definitely weren't as loud as some others. Absolutely nothing unpleasant about it to me.

Superficially, I never love the logo. And I don't know if it's from association with their budget balls, but they always look cheaper to me than they are.

Performance wise, they were pretty good out there. I was bombing them off the tee early on. It was unexpected and noticeable. I'd be curious to get numbers on them with that driver setup to see how much my swing today influenced what I saw. Hit a couple real good high carries into the wind and had a couple that rolled out as hoped. Just, pretty good.
I was kind of guessing on iron flights and distances bringing my ZX7 out for the first time in a while with a new to me ball, and I mostly guessed right. Seemed in line with similar balls, and I hit expected distances consistently. Couple shots stood out. 7i into the breeze that I mishit, and it carried 191. I was talking about the strike as soon as it left my club, and at the end of my mini rant as it landed said 'and I bombed it too', because it came down well further than I expected. It was a spinny overdraw that I thought would stand up in the wind some, but didn't. Other one was a 58* wedge that was well struck, and just didn't bite. Was odd. Might have landed on a bit of downslope. Tough to tell. Had some later in the round that looked to have plenty, and a pitch from 54 on 17 that responded well.

Had my Spider FCG today, and that was a unlively combo. I don't know what it was about the cover and that insert or whatever, but there was no feel to it. Duller than usual. Made it feel more like my O'Works insert. Want to get my M Craft IV on it and see what that's like.

The one in the picture is one I played for about 10 or 11 holes. Different one I started with skipped off some crap next the the 3rd green and I'm not blaming that scuff on any ball. Then played this one until around 14 I think, when it was looking pretty rough on most sides. Seemed somewhat typical for here. I'm hard on golf balls and so are the courses, so the chewing on the upper left is pretty standard. That line stood out though. Can't quite figure out how it would scratch like that, especially from any of the shots played. It's uniquely long.

Anyway, rates well for me in a first outing. I'm trying to keep everthing separate in my head for right now with my gamer setup, so I'll mostly continue to play them when I have the ZX7 with me., but I'm excited to get some more time in with them.
My guess would be the seam is coming apart which is a known issue in past balls. Not sure which gen you have but that is my guess.

My guess would be the seam is coming apart which is a known issue in past balls. Not sure which gen you have but that is my guess.
Is that still a thing? I assumed they would have fixed that.

View attachment 9008216

Nice to see some feedback from a first time user. Sounds like it went pretty well! I play Z Star and XV more than just about anything, I just have not posted in here too much because I've only two rounds with the new 2021 model Z Stars, one with Z Star a couple weeks ago, and the XV today. So far both outings went as expected - excellent, no surprises. Played the new XV today, for me it has great feel tee to green and plays awesome in the wind. I usually play XV but the Z Star is close enough / good enough that I can play them almost interchangeably, or mix it up depending on conditions without a big adjustment. Lots of fun. Srixon has a long history in ball technology which is cool too.

I WANT these Japanese Z Star divides. Anyone know how to order from Japanese suppliers?

1621218441579.png

Also, I see that Japan has a Z-Star diamond, an interesting higher spin offering for irons.

Back