2021 Srixon Z-Star and 2021 Z-Star XV Golf Balls

My guess would be the seam is coming apart which is a known issue in past balls. Not sure which gen you have but that is my guess.

That scratch is not across a seam it is through the dimples. My guess in random interaction with a piece of sand or something upon landing.

Nice to see some feedback from a first time user. Sounds like it went pretty well! I play Z Star and XV more than just about anything, I just have not posted in here too much because I've only two rounds with the new 2021 model Z Stars, one with Z Star a couple weeks ago, and the XV today. So far both outings went as expected - excellent, no surprises. Played the new XV today, for me it has great feel tee to green and plays awesome in the wind. I usually play XV but the Z Star is close enough / good enough that I can play them almost interchangeably, or mix it up depending on conditions without a big adjustment. Lots of fun. Srixon has a long history in ball technology which is cool too.

I WANT these Japanese Z Star divides. Anyone know how to order from Japanese suppliers?

View attachment 9008223

Also, I see that Japan has a Z-Star diamond, an interesting higher spin offering for irons.

Dang, I'd buy those.

I will also add that durability on my XV was very good today until I bounced it off a cart path on the 12th fairway... I continued to play until retired in a lake on 17.

Played the XV again today. Was pretty good again. Balls really held up well too. Switched around hole 10, but other than staining like heck it looked pretty good. One I finished with is still real playable too.

So anyway, it was windy and I was playing the ZX7 again, and I get the impression this is a pretty good wind ball. I BOMBED a couple drives with it. LIke, unbelievable bombs. And had a couple 270-272 into it that were really good considering the conditions. I really never had to play more than about an extra iron into it, even with wedges, which was pretty impressive. I was playing the zipcores and do not love again today, but comparing shots with them and other short irons I still get the impression it might be just a little on spin there for me. Little more roll out. Really dig the feel though. Love it off driver. I could see how some wouldn't like it, especially off the putter face though. Brought the 'Popper' today (M Craft IV) and it felt a little firm and still surprisingly dull. It's like the cover deadens it on putter strikes.

Have another thing coming up and then after I'll play them with my usual clubs to get a truer understanding of them for me. If my clubs spin them a little more, which is definitely possible, they could be interesting with how good I've been hitting them off driver.

Played the XV again today. Was pretty good again. Balls really held up well too. Switched around hole 10, but other than staining like heck it looked pretty good. One I finished with is still real playable too.

So anyway, it was windy and I was playing the ZX7 again, and I get the impression this is a pretty good wind ball. I BOMBED a couple drives with it. LIke, unbelievable bombs. And had a couple 270-272 into it that were really good considering the conditions. I really never had to play more than about an extra iron into it, even with wedges, which was pretty impressive. I was playing the zipcores and do not love again today, but comparing shots with them and other short irons I still get the impression it might be just a little on spin there for me. Little more roll out. Really dig the feel though. Love it off driver. I could see how some wouldn't like it, especially off the putter face though. Brought the 'Popper' today (M Craft IV) and it felt a little firm and still surprisingly dull. It's like the cover deadens it on putter strikes.

Have another thing coming up and then after I'll play them with my usual clubs to get a truer understanding of them for me. If my clubs spin them a little more, which is definitely possible, they could be interesting with how good I've been hitting them off driver.

I think your notes about being on the low spin side of average make sense for the XV. I have noticed that is both its strength off the tee and in the wind, but also that you may trade a touch of short iron spin for it.

I've noticed a trend in Srixon irons after playing a few sets, that they tend to be on the low-side of average for spin. Combined with XV that is also a lower spin, a low-low kind of combo is in play. This is actually what I play most, but when I am looking to be more neutral with spin putting a regular ZStar or other higher spin ball helps offset the lower spin nature of the iron.

XV off driver is outstanding. I love, love the firm feel and overall distance plus wind capability the ball has.

For anyone who has played both the XV and the ChromeSoft X LS, which one feels more firm?

For anyone who has played both the XV and the ChromeSoft X LS, which one feels more firm?
Man.. that's a good question. I hope someone else can chime in. I didn't play them back to back, or with that in mind, but from separate memories I feel like it might be pretty close. :unsure:

Can anyone compare the greenside/iron spin on these to the Chrome Soft family? I've decided to splurge (take advantage of the Buy 2 get 1 Free) and am torn between the two. Driver is currently my biggest strength so I feel like putting a ball in play to maximize that strength makes sense (shorter approach is better no matter what for me haha), but if it means losing stopping power around the greens is that worth it? Or am I overthinking it and at my cap I shouldn't be worried about a few more feet of rollout?

got 6 dozen yellow Z-Stars in. Have half a dozen of my current ball left before I make the change for hopefully a long time..

Great question. I would sure love to know how they compare across the board, not just in feel.

Man Japan gets all the cool releases. I'm tying myself in knots over here that Z-Star Divide is so far only in Asia. Weird that I'm shopping website in languages I don't understand? And then I see these...

I know, its just cosmetic. I can play plain white, or plain yellow. I'm fine without Divide balls or Masters logos. Really.

1623952499482.png

Well I hit the LGS and wound up going the regular Z-Star in yellow. I really like the yellow golf balls, and sadly no XV in yellow, and they'll still be considerably firmer than what I've been playing. Definitely looking forward to seeing how they perform. Plus, at $86 for 3 dozen I won't have quite as much regret when I inevitably sail one into the woods :LOL:

I've played them both, and to me they feel essentially indistinguishable.

Purchased two and got one free yesterday. Always been a fan of the XV.

I need to get on this.
It ends on the 20th so don't let it pass by. I've thought about trading in a Ping Driver and not worrying about golf balls again for a really long time

Dang, I'd buy those.
I'd buy those as well!! Where do we get them? Or better yet, HOW do we get them? Yellow/White Z stars, let's go!

I'd buy those as well!! Where do we get them? Or better yet, HOW do we get them? Yellow/White Z stars, let's go!

They are only officially for sale in Japan/Asia. The few overseas website I've been able to find seem to be sold out of White/Yellow. There are a few boxes of the White/Orange on EBay for $78 if you are feeling that price. So far, I have not bit.

They are only officially for sale in Japan/Asia. The few overseas website I've been able to find seem to be sold out of White/Yellow. There are a few boxes of the White/Orange on EBay for $78 if you are feeling that price. So far, I have not bit.

Where are you located?

If anyone has a box of Yellow VXs they'd trade for a box of Yellow Z Stars I'll pay your shipping. Wanna try the XVs in yellow as well but LGS doesn't have them 😕

If anyone has a box of Yellow VXs they'd trade for a box of Yellow Z Stars I'll pay your shipping. Wanna try the XVs in yellow as well but LGS doesn't have them 😕
I just picked up 3 dozen of the XV last week to try out. I got the whites otherwise I’d have sent to a box or two.

Man.. that's a good question. I hope someone else can chime in. I didn't play them back to back, or with that in mind, but from separate memories I feel like it might be pretty close. :unsure:

Played a sleeve of CSX a couple of weeks ago up against my XVs and the XV is firmer if i still have a CSX laying around I’ll try and do a sound video comparing (spotty with my thping and out of town so it may be a bit)

Back