2021 TaylorMade TP5 and TP5x Golf Balls

The TP5 and TP5X are great balls. The TP5X has been my goto for last few months. It performs really well in the wind and is fairly long for me. That being said, I still think the ProV1X edges it slightly with slightly better feel.

I played a round on my simulator today with the TP5x (PIX) and I was seeing absurd height (for me) on my irons shots and distance I haven't seen regularly in the past month or so, since I've gotten my new MIM irons. I think the TP5x will be my ball to use.

I've been playing around with golf balls to see which one I like the best.

This may surprise you, but the new Wilson Triad golf balls are some of the best feeling golf balls and I was hitting them the straightest today out of the 3 balls I was testing (Maxfli Tour X was the 3rd and it's solid but nothing special)

I played this ball today, one ball for the whole round and wouldn't hesitate to put it in play for another 18. Plenty durable.

20220628_163345.jpg

Still a really good ball. They have their 4th of July themed stuff out, and it's a little different than the pix.

Played the TP5 tonight at league, its a great ball. Hit some really good drives and approach shots. Feels amazing off the Chicago.

Been playing the '21 TP5x the past several rounds and I love it. It feels and sounds great off every club in the bag. Especially the putter. The feel off the putter is really where it shines for me.

It's been long off the tee, stopping power on full shots in is really good, the only thing I need to do is spend more time dialing in rollout on short game shots.

I've found a winner for my ball for this year.

Still using the TP5 in Yellow. Great performance all around from driver to putter. Haven't really had an durability issues with it unless tagging a cart path.

Boom
2B5F49CF-9D6E-4CA8-9B69-C4C5744C27B4.jpeg

(y) My dozen should be here today. I'm weak - I still have 3 sleeves of the AP Truvis, a full dozen of the Truvis Paws, a full dozen of the Pix Lanterns plus one or two sleeves of other similar balls and still have the need to buy balls.

Good visibility on this ball. Looks really cool spinning into the green.

Latern pix are working just fine for me.

Saw an interesting video of Rory talking with Trottie about him using the X despite having won with the regular 5. Talking about getting enough spin but not so much that it will pull wedge shots off the green. That's pretty much why I used this ball as long as I did. And he's obviously been having great success with it recently.

Played TP5X a couple times this week because I have them in yellow. Tough conditions, figured it wouldn't hurt. I suppose it did because I only lost one to the low light and leaves.

Long off the tee, stuck a bunch of wedges pretty well. It's still a really good ball. Just not quite as good as a couple others for me.

Played TP5X a couple times this week because I have them in yellow. Tough conditions, figured it wouldn't hurt. I suppose it did because I only lost one to the low light and leaves.

Long off the tee, stuck a bunch of wedges pretty well. It's still a really good ball. Just not quite as good as a couple others for me.
Played the TP5 today and the yellow really stands out amongst the dormant zoysia. Super easy to see and track in the air. No issues in the 45° temps today.

Looks like Rory credits his turnaround by switching back to the 2019 TP5x. I was listening to the latest NLU podcast and they mentioned an interview he gave recently and he said he went to TaylorMade because he couldn't control his distances with the '21 ball. I found an article on golf.com that mentioned it as well. (Now I'm just a amateur hack, but I prefer the '19 TP5x over the '21. I like the extra firmness.)

Looks like he made the switch a week before The Masters.

Looks like Rory credits his turnaround by switching back to the 2019 TP5x. I was listening to the latest NLU podcast and they mentioned an interview he gave recently and he said he went to TaylorMade because he couldn't control his distances with the '21 ball. I found an article on golf.com that mentioned it as well. (Now I'm just a amateur hack, but I prefer the '19 TP5x over the '21. I like the extra firmness.)

Looks like he made the switch a week before The Masters.

And people dogged the heck out of that ball despite people like DJ winning a ton with it. It's hard as a rock, but I never had too much trouble spinning it, and it was stupid long off the tee.

And people dogged the heck out of that ball despite people like DJ winning a ton with it. It's hard as a rock, but I never had too much trouble spinning it, and it was stupid long off the tee.

Yup I agree. I think I still have a couple dozen left, and I'll be sad when they're gone.

Back