2021 THP Fantasy Football: Week 2

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The first week is behind us and teams will begin to find out how their draft went. Week 2 is here.

Which WR would you start in week 2? Tyler Boyd at CHI, Brandon Cooks at CLE or Jakobi Meyers at NYJ? Boyd was a higher draft pick but I am having my doubts.

hopefully we keep it rolling in week 2. Sneaked out a W. Need better play from Qb1.

Need to get a W this week after losing the first week.

I had #2 on waivers and was trying to get the SF rb but unfortunately the first guy already claimed him.

I have Rodgers as my qb. Surely he can’t play like that again, right? I’m hoping he’ll show up and be like “jk everyone, I’m back” and throws 6tds and 500 yards and 1 walk in td. 😂

Need to get a W this week after losing the first week.

I had #2 on waivers and was trying to get the SF rb but unfortunately the first guy already claimed him.

I have Rodgers as my qb. Surely he can’t play like that again, right? I’m hoping he’ll show up and be like “jk everyone, I’m back” and throws 6tds and 500 yards and 1 walk in td. 😂
Rodgers is bound to play well at some point, whether it'll be next week or not but they are playing last years worst? Defense so he's got a good shot at lighting up the scoreboard.

On to week 2 we go. Overall team played decent, but unfortunately didn't get much from the bottom half. I have some decisions to make this week on who gets the nod.

• Admin
ANNOUNCEMENT

With COVID testing throughout the NFL there will be at times a player that tests positive and will be placed in that protocol. At that time, they can be placed on the COVID RES list on your team. This allows for a player to be picked up without you losing a spot.

With that said, if a player is already on IR, and then placed in COVID IR, they would not allowed to be placed there, because there is no fear of time being missed due to the COVID protocol. The only exemption would be if that player was coming off IR before coming off Covid IR.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

ANNOUNCEMENT

With COVID testing throughout the NFL there will be at times a player that tests positive and will be placed in that protocol. At that time, they can be placed on the COVID RES list on your team. This allows for a player to be picked up without you losing a spot.

With that said, if a player is already on IR, and then placed in COVID IR, they would not allowed to be placed there, because there is no fear of time being missed due to the COVID protocol. The only exemption would be if that player was coming off IR before coming off Covid IR.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

Looking to try and go 2-0 this week, and more importantly avoid the BIG injury that can wreck a season.

I took some projects at WR hoping 1 or 2 of them would pan out. Then 2/3 top receivers are injured. es no bueno.

1-0 and loving my team. Autodraft did me right LOL!

Saquon owners in a bind this early in the season. Biggest question is workload, especially against this front four.

Saquon owners in a bind this early in the season. Biggest question is workload, especially against this front four.
I am questioning if I should start him or not. Coming off his injury a short week and a tough matchup is not ideal. I am leaning toward benching him tonight but I can see him having a low yardage effort with a td or two if he gets lucky. I did not want to draft him but he fell in my lap and now my season depends on him returning to form soon.

I am questioning if I should start him or not. Coming off his injury a short week and a tough matchup is not ideal. I am leaning toward benching him tonight but I can see him having a low yardage effort with a td or two if he gets lucky. I did not want to draft him but he fell in my lap and now my season depends on him returning to form soon.

That's a tough one. If I had other viable options, I would probably sit him this week, and then be all in on him going forward.

I have absolutely no idea who to put in my flex spot. I think I am leaning Jakobi Meyers, but my choices are Meyers, Kenyan Drake, Laviska Shenault, Marquez Callaway. I have Rondale Moore from ARI, but I need to see another week from him to see what his role is on that team still.

No confidence this week. None. :LOL:

I have absolutely no idea who to put in my flex spot. I think I am leaning Jakobi Meyers, but my choices are Meyers, Kenyan Drake, Laviska Shenault, Marquez Callaway. I have Rondale Moore from ARI, but I need to see another week from him to see what his role is on that team still.
I have Jakobi Meyers as well and was considering playing him instead of Saquon. I am lucky to have three good running backs at the moment.

I have Jakobi Meyers as well and was considering playing him instead of Saquon. I am lucky to have three good running backs at the moment.

If you have good RB options I would probably sit Barkley, if it were me.

I picked up Mitchell on the wire this week, which means he will either get hurt or benched haha, but I’m starting him as my RB2. My flex spot is going to be a revolving door for a couple more weeks I think. I have lots of guys with potential, just not sure which one will be the stand out.

If you have good RB options I would probably sit Barkley, if it were me.

I picked up Mitchell on the wire this week, which means he will either get hurt or benched haha, but I’m starting him as my RB2. My flex spot is going to be a revolving door for a couple more weeks I think. I have lots of guys with potential, just not sure which one will be the stand out.
Potential. A nice word that means you have not done diddly squat LOL.

I'm still starting Sauquon over a back like Fournette or Murray personally.

Lol. This is basically a rule established for the oddity of Michael Thomas situation. Michael Thomas was already on the PUP list and known to be out for the first 8 weeks, but then he got COVID this past week, so was in turn put on the COVID list. So in theory those who drafted Michael Thomas could have moved him to the injured reserve list and freed up a bench spot.

BUT THIS RULE SAYS NO YOU CAN NOT DO THAT! Just to be clear...he has to remain on the bench filling a spot. Makes sense to me.

I just don't want another Packers failure. On paper they are quality but they're performance was so lack luster. 0 total points from that team when you count in what their defense lost me.

OBJ out again, oof that was a bad pick.

After scoring 134 points in week 1, I fully expect to be in the 45-55 range this week 😁

Back