2021 THP Fantasy Football: Week 2

Lol. This is basically a rule established for the oddity of Michael Thomas situation. Michael Thomas was already on the PUP list and known to be out for the first 8 weeks, but then he got COVID this past week, so was in turn put on the COVID list. So in theory those who drafted Michael Thomas could have moved him to the injured reserve list and freed up a bench spot.

BUT THIS RULE SAYS NO YOU CAN NOT DO THAT! Just to be clear...he has to remain on the bench filling a spot. Makes sense to me.

so you're saying if he's on the covid list, you still can't put him in the covid reserve spot?

Can we put a guy on the IR list if he was drafted with that status?

Update: Not that I’m looking to do so as not anyone who I would pick up off the waiver wire and put in to start.

Week 1 was a high-scoring fest for most everyone in League 2. Scored 106 at that wasn't even in the top 10. Hoping to get a bit more this week and on the winning side.

Can we put a guy on the IR list if he was drafted with that status?

Update: Not that I’m looking to do so as not anyone who I would pick up off the waiver wire and put in to start.
That would be a no. The RES are for players put on the Covid list only (excluding the Michael Thomas situation)

so you're saying if he's on the covid list, you still can't put him in the covid reserve spot?
That is correct.

ANNOUNCEMENT

With COVID testing throughout the NFL there will be at times a player that tests positive and will be placed in that protocol. At that time, they can be placed on the COVID RES list on your team. This allows for a player to be picked up without you losing a spot.

With that said, if a player is already on IR, and then placed in COVID IR, they would not allowed to be placed there, because there is no fear of time being missed due to the COVID protocol. The only exemption would be if that player was coming off IR before coming off Covid IR.

Hope that helps clear up any confusion.

My post about it is above.

Guys, I know it keeps getting asked, so let me spell it out one more time.

A player the NFL puts on the COVID/IR list can go in the RES sport. That's it, no other IR designation but COVID.

There is 1 caveat, if the player was already on regular IR, and had no chance of coming back anytime soon (for example Michael Thomas, Raheem Mostert, Jerry Jeudy, Michael Gallup, Ryan Fitzpatrick) and they get put on the COVID list, they CANNOT be put in the RES spot because they are not a viable, active player.

I hope this makes sense so we don't need to explain this anymore.

Correct. So with Michael Thomas who was drafted in every league (I'm assuming)...he was drafted already being on IR/PUP list. You knew when you drafted him one of the big drawbacks was he's going to suck up a bench spot for 8 weeks. So even though he is NOW on the COVID list as of this past Monday, you can NOT move him to an IR spot to free up that bench slot. He has to remain on your bench sucking up that spot.

Just had a trade come through that I had to reject. Didn't provide a lot of upside & conflicted with a few roster spots.

I squeaked out a win in week 1. Now up against the top scorer from last week. 1-1 isn’t a bad start when NFL said I was going 2-15

Correct. So with Michael Thomas who was drafted in every league (I'm assuming)...he was drafted already being on IR/PUP list. You knew when you drafted him one of the big drawbacks was he's going to suck up a bench spot for 8 weeks. So even though he is NOW on the COVID list as of this past Monday, you can NOT move him to an IR spot to free up that bench slot. He has to remain on your bench sucking up that spot.

To me, technically, he meets the requirement. For the covid spot...so I'd say he rates being in the slot... I don't have him but I'd put him in it and if was called out on it, so be it... The NFL has him on the covid roster, he should be able to go on a fantasy team's covid slot.

To me, technically, he meets the requirement. For the covid spot...so I'd say he rates being in the slot... I don't have him but I'd put him in it and if was called out on it, so be it... The NFL has him on the covid roster, he should be able to go on a fantasy team's covid slot.

I appreciate your input, but the commissioners have collectively agreed, and the rules as we have them in place stand.

I appreciate your input, but the commissioners have collectively agreed, and the rules as we have them in place stand.

I want to add to this, and explain why we came to this conclusion. Those spots are strictly for when you have an active guy, a person you could play come down with covid, or was close contact and therefore placed on COVID/IR. Those players had a chance to play, but were removed because of the NFL, not because of injury. Putting a guy who is already injured there is an unfair advantage, and something we were not ok with. Otherwise, why have the RES spot at all? Then it would just be for anyone on IR, and that's not what it was designed for.

I don’t know why NFL weekly projections are what they are? Example: they have Shepard projected higher than Godwin or Evans for points this week. If you go to the week 2 rankings at fantasypros, they have Godwin and Evans at 14 and 15 and Shepard at 45. Even the NFL.com has Godwin as one of their “start ‘em” picks.

Well looks like playing the NYG D wasn't the best of plans. Was hoping that the WFT would be out of sorts missing Fitzmagic as the QB. Oh well at least it wasn't a negative scoring number.

I don’t know why NFL weekly projections are what they are? Example: they have Shepard projected higher than Godwin or Evans for points this week. If you go to the week 2 rankings at fantasypros, they have Godwin and Evans at 14 and 15 and Shepard at 45. Even the NFL.com has Godwin as one of their “start ‘em” picks.
It's just a guess based upon guessing. I'm sure there are very smart people who do the statistics but that's how I felt last week. Some people had absolute breakout games while others that had high projections were stopped. I got mine right, as in I played the right players BUT my opponent had some 20 point swings in projection vs reality which obviously there's nothing I can do about that.

Well looks like playing the NYG D wasn't the best of plans. Was hoping that the WFT would be out of sorts missing Fitzmagic as the QB. Oh well at least it wasn't a negative scoring number.
Don't take a shot at my Packers D from week one! LOL I'm sure @PackersGirl and @RealPretendPsychic are both also disappointed with that outcome.

Sitting Saquon was the right call last night but he looked pretty good overall. There is hope that he can return to form early in the year.

Fortunately I was on vacation for that loss. If we have a similar outcome on Monday night I may need a wellness check 😖
"WE" I didn't know you got drafted! If THEY have the same result I'm dropping them faster than white on rice. They may be rivals of mine due to geographical location, but if they give me the best chance to win I would still play them. Problem is, they are not doing what I need them to do.

"WE" I didn't know you got drafted! If THEY have the same result I'm dropping them faster than white on rice. They may be rivals of mine due to geographical location, but if they give me the best chance to win I would still play them. Problem is, they are not doing what I need them to do.
Hey now I’m a minority shareholder and “WE” need a win this week!

Yeah I am sticking with the GB defense for one more week but if they lay another egg I will send them "packing"

Yeah I am sticking with the GB defense for one more week but if they lay another egg I will send them "packing"
If they lay an egg in Detroit, domestic violence will be up in WI. :oops:

Back