2021 Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
There is little doubt that anyone who golfs knows what the number one ball in golf is, as well as number two, and what company they belong to. Familiarity which has been established through both longevity and outright dominance. Titleist with their Pro V1 and Pro V1x golf balls remain at the top of the mountain, but they also understand that if you want to stay on top, you must continue to innovate and evolve. 

The 2021 Pro V1 and Pro V1x is the most innovation forward evolution of the legendary golf balls that we have seen in some time. Titleist isn’t resting on anything, they’re moving forward. 

Titleist-ProV1-and-ProV1X-Golf-Balls-5.png

Titleist Pro V1 and Pro V1x Golf Balls

Let’s be real, every company...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Good write-up James. It's going to be a lot of fun when people get to see and hit these. Some interesting changes and the casing and cover are going to have people talking.

Last edited:
Great write up @Jman
Like that they applied somethings that they learned from the Left Dash ProV1X.
The fact they changed the dimple pattern really shows Titleist doesn't stand pat.

Great write-up James. Have really enjoyed the last two versions of the ProV1 and looking forward to trying this one with the various improvements.

The prov1x has less dimples roughly 40, does that mean dimple size is bigger or the way the dimples are laid out? Because by looking at the pictures I cant really see a dimple size difference.
Imo, softer is always better, for me. Love soft!
Nice write up and thanks for sharing!

Nice to see Titleist offers white and yellow in both models. They get it.

Love it or leave it the ProV series is the gold standard to be measured against. It does not mean it is the best ball out there for everyone, but it is ruler that all other balls are measured by.

These sound fantastic and I cant wait to try.. If they are truly able to get a bit of the left dash speed and keep the standard X spin. That could be an absolute killer ball.

Great write up @Jman! I have enjoyed playing the -Prov1X and hearing that some of the tech there will be in the ProV1 is exciting. 8 can't wait to get these out an try them. This is the one product in golf that has never disappointed me.

Love it or leave it the ProV series is the gold standard to be measured against. It does not mean it is the best ball out there for everyone, but it is ruler that all other balls are measured by.

These sound fantastic and I cant wait to try.. If they are truly able to get a bit of the left dash speed and keep the standard X spin. That could be an absolute killer ball.

No Doubt. I know they catch heat for price or how the brand carries themselves, but they are the measuring stick for sure. I know when I settled in on the CSX I specifically measured it against the Prov1 X. That was the only ball out there it had to beat and it did.

This new version is intriguing and now I wonder what the Prov 1 X brings to the table now.

I will try the ProV1X again. Was quite happy with the last version.

I have a sleeve of the ProV1 from Team Titleist & have played a few holes with it so far & chipped in the back yard. So far, I love this ball. The trajectory is great & spin is comparable to the last iteration. But I am playing in colder weather, so there is that factor. I can't wait to hit these balls in warmer weather. I will be lined up at Dick's with my Point coupon for $30 off to get my first dozen. :)

Titleist_2021.jpg
Titleist_2021_#2.jpg
Titleist_2021_#3.jpg

Last edited:
I'll be picking up my supply on Cart path only days, as I walk the opposite side of the cart path. And after Best ball tournaments. I was surprised on how many balls I find the morning after a tournament.:)

I like the new Pro V1 quite a bit.
I was a little surprised at the price hike, but I don't think it will impact too many choices.

Nice write up, James! The new softer cover is interesting!

This was my ball of choice last year and probably going to be sticking with it this year. For me, it always comes down to the sound or "clickiness" of the ball. Didn't like the Titlesist ball a few year ago because it "felt" and sounded different. Last years was spot on. I always cringe when I see a OEM say they implemented a new softer cover but hopefully it's as solid as last years.

2021 is going to be a big year in golf. Love all the new ball iterations coming. Of course, ProV is and expected to be the best seller for a good reason.

I need that Gopher to say early spring, so we can get out more.

Titleist Loyalty begins the middle of March. That is the time to stock up on buy 3, get an extra dozen free.

Thanks for the info, James. Appears to be a lot going on with both ProV1 balls this year.

Certainly nice to see them think forward. Was my go to ball for 10-12yrs. But, until they can prove to me that it’s the ball for me like other OEMs have.....I’ll give it a try and then probably fall back to what I know works for me.

Titleist Loyalty begins the middle of March. That is the time to stock up on buy 3, get an extra dozen free.
I'll be jumping on these for sure. Regular ProV for me and I will also be taking advantage of the deal above.

I like what I'm reading, Jman! I've played a ProV some over the last several years but it hasn't been my preferred ball. Last year, I tried the regular V and X but it was not to be. It was the summer (and fall) of Tour B. The changes and innovation are very interesting. I'll definitely give these a look when it warms up and dries some.

I'll be giving the new Pro V1 a try when it comes out, hard to know from the vendors what year you're getting though.

I love the Prov1x as it is my go to ball. Nice review @Jman. I have had a chance to try the new model and it is great. Definitely a softer feel to the ball. I will be playing them again this Sunday as I have a few left. Here is a pic of the new ball on the left vs the older model.
prov1x.jpgprov1x1.jpg

James, really well done article. Hits all the high points. Like @golfinnut I am a Team Titleist ball tester and received a sleeve of the 2021 Pro V1x last weekend. I'll post my thoughts on it later today.

Back