2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

We will be giving away a set of T300 irons on Instagram this week
This is a big give away! My favorite from the latest Titleist release. (other than the CBs that I'm afraid of and didn't change)

I'm playingthe 100s in black. I've been shooting the lowest scores of my life with them.
I kind of forgot how good the T100s irons are. I have owned a set since they were released in ‘21. I actually own a combo set, as I ordered T200 5 and 6 irons.

I pulled this set out of my garage and put them in play over the weekend, because I was thinking that I should sell them with the new release coming. However, now I am not sure that I am going to get them out of the bag. Today, I hit 13 greens and shot a 74. I have been able to do some things with them over the last two rounds that I haven’t been doing with the other irons that I have played this year. I am not putting them up for sale, that’s for sure.

I kind of forgot how good the T100s irons are. I have owned a set since they were released in ‘21. I actually own a combo set, as I ordered T200 5 and 6 irons.

I pulled this set out of my garage and put them in play over the weekend, because I was thinking that I should sell them with the new release coming. However, now I am not sure that I am going to get them out of the bag. Today, I hit 13 greens and shot a 74. I have been able to do some things with them over the last two rounds that I haven’t been doing with the other irons that I have played this year. I am not putting them up for sale, that’s for sure.
I can’t wait to get the Titleist back in the bag. I played my best golf with t100s, so hoping for good things with t150.

Another round in with the Titleist T100S and T200 combo set. 14 GIR and at one point, 11 straight GIR. Seven really good birdie looks and I converted three of them.

One shot in particular stands out. One of the tougher holes on the course is a 200 yard par 3. I hit a nice 5 iron that came down fairly softly, leaving me with a good birdie look.

IMG_5550.png

It also is interesting for me to look at the Shot Scope data with these Titleist irons, compared to the Callaway Paradym irons. The sample sizes are not huge, but currently the Paradyms have better proximity to the hole up through the 7 iron, but the Titleist irons have better proximity to the hole in the 8 iron through pw. That probably is no surprise, but it tells me that where most of my scoring is still done, I am better off with the player cavity iron than the player distance. If I were playing on super long courses or at sea level, where more of my approaches would be with 6 and 7 irons, I would be better off with the player distance irons.

It also is interesting for me to look at the Shot Scope data with these Titleist irons, compared to the Callaway Paradym irons. The sample sizes are not huge, but currently the Paradyms have better proximity to the hole up through the 7 iron, but the Titleist irons have better proximity to the hole in the 8 iron through pw. That probably is no surprise, but it tells me that where most of my scoring is still done, I am better off with the player cavity iron than the player distance. If I were playing on super long courses or at sea level, where more of my approaches would be with 6 and 7 irons, I would be better off with the player distance irons.

T100 / Paradigm Frankencombo sounds in order!!!

T100 / Paradigm Frankencombo sounds in order!!!
The comparisons are super fun and interesting to me, but here we are, well into July, and I am still messing around with three sets of irons. I really thought that I was going to sell the Titleists and just intended to play them for one round as sort of a fairwell thing, LOL. However, that T100S is kind of a unicorn for me, with the player cavity being packaged with a bit stronger lofting. They don’t feel as good as the new Cobras, but they sure feel better and are more pleasing than a hollow body profile.

The comparisons are super fun and interesting to me, but here we are, well into July, and I am still messing around with three sets of irons. I really thought that I was going to sell the Titleists and just intended to play them for one round as sort of a fairwell thing, LOL. However, that T100S is kind of a unicorn for me, with the player cavity being packaged with a bit stronger lofting. They don’t feel as good as the new Cobras, but they sure feel better and are more pleasing than a hollow body profile.

Yeah, I had the T100S (now KTs) and I totally get the 🦄 reference…. So much so, that it makes finding something else very difficult.

This is why I really only own one set of irons at a time….forces me to use only what I have. I’d tinker too.

I went to my local store today to try out some irons. I'm currently playing a set of Z565 irons I built about 4 or 5 years ago, and haven't played but a handful of times in the last couple years. But, I'm finally getting out more, playing and practicing and thinking my irons need an upgrade. I hit the T100S and man they felt solid! But They had a tendency to draw a little more than I wanted, launched a little lower, and was lacking a little in the spin department. But man were they long! I was averaging 17* launch, 4500 spin and a peak height around 95'. But... I was also averaging 130 ball speed and a stupid amount of carry distance. lol. Descent angle was a little low as well. The sales guy grabbed a T100 for me, and I think I'm in love. Straight to slight draw ball flight, average of 19.8* launch angle, 125' height, 5800 spin and the descent angle was right at 50*. The cool thing was I didn't lose a whole lot of ball speed with them.... 126-127 on most shots and still averaged quite a bit more carry distance than I expected.

Seriously thinking I need to score me a set of T100 irons. :giggle:

I went to my local store today to try out some irons. I'm currently playing a set of Z565 irons I built about 4 or 5 years ago, and haven't played but a handful of times in the last couple years. But, I'm finally getting out more, playing and practicing and thinking my irons need an upgrade. I hit the T100S and man they felt solid! But They had a tendency to draw a little more than I wanted, launched a little lower, and was lacking a little in the spin department. But man were they long! I was averaging 17* launch, 4500 spin and a peak height around 95'. But... I was also averaging 130 ball speed and a stupid amount of carry distance. lol. Descent angle was a little low as well. The sales guy grabbed a T100 for me, and I think I'm in love. Straight to slight draw ball flight, average of 19.8* launch angle, 125' height, 5800 spin and the descent angle was right at 50*. The cool thing was I didn't lose a whole lot of ball speed with them.... 126-127 on most shots and still averaged quite a bit more carry distance than I expected.

Seriously thinking I need to score me a set of T100 irons. :giggle:
If you wait just a bit, they should be available at a great price, given that the replacements are soon to be released.

If you wait just a bit, they should be available at a great price, given that the replacements are soon to be released.

Prob a bunch of folks will unload theirs around release…

Yeah I can wait. Roger Dunn guy said probably September/October. I need to get back on here daily again and keep up with the news. (y)

Since I put the T100S/T200 combo set back in my bag, I have played 5 rounds. Here are my GIR:

It just keeps getting better. I am really kicking myself for ever moving away from them. These really are pretty much the perfect set of irons for my game. I will add that part of it is that they have SteelFiber shafts and that shaft has always fit me really well, but I don’t see these coming out of the bag at this point.

Just a quick update on the T300's here.

Confidence is still record high on 7i and PW. Those two seem to do what I want them to do all of the time. My gapping is feeling a bit weird with the 9i because it's giving closer to what I think should be 8i distance.

6i - 174
7i - 138
8i (lots of bump and runs) 101
9i - 124
PW - 103

My 6i has been my defacto par 3 club for the home course when half of the par 3s sit between 160-170. While I'm not always getting to the green it's been giving me my best scoring opportunities the flight is higher and the ball seems to stop better than with the hybrid which goes 10-15 yards more.

7i is giving me some great feedback for the shorter par 4s where I hit driver mid iron into them. Then 9i always feels like if I think trouble long is going to be an issue I'll pull that one and it has been doing alright by me for the distances I just feel it's bunched a bit more with the 7i than with the PW.

PW give me a 100 yard shot and I'm hitting that green with a higher chance (in my mind) than anything else I have. It just seems to work for me and it has since I got those clubs. What was when I started a lot of times my 3rd shot into a par 4 green has been turning into a 2nd shot and getting close.

I'm short 73% of the time, so 27% of the time I'm getting the ball the distance I need it (or slightly longer) and putting more and more on the green a bit part in thanks to these clubs.

I hit these T100 recently and they are sooo nice. I am going to look for a set after the new ones get released. And after I re coup from a new hot water heater.

Bumping this thread. Is anyone playing or played the T-400 irons? I feel like they got lost in the mix somewhat.

Kicked it with the old gamers today, 2021 T100’s with XCaliber Rapid Taper in them, the irons that I played for a full season back in 21, and loved.

Had them in for a test with the stronger lofts and it was what I expected, and had me end up bending my current irons 2 strong to match.

Hit them pretty well today, LOT of wind so there were a lot of flighted and partial shots. The feel is still impeccable to me, and the profile was perfection.

Back