2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

20210908_115120.jpg

Was not expecting to see a stock Modus 105S set... Is that what it is??? I thought it was AMT black or something. Actually feels like that would be a real nice pairing though.

View attachment 9026463

Was not expecting to see a stock Modus 105S set... Is that what it is??? I thought it was AMT black or something. Actually feels like that would be a real nice pairing though.

Prob a custom order someone just left there.....?

Prob a custom order someone just left there.....?
Yeah, maybe. I asked, but my guy isn't here and the others aren't sure where it came from.

Yeah, maybe. I asked, but my guy isn't here and the others aren't sure where it came from.

Well, in the name of science, you should prob purchase them and let everyone know what you think......

Well, in the name of science, you should prob purchase them and let everyone know what you think......
I mean I would be willing to test them out if he did that.

Haha I know what I think of the T200. A softy Modus isn't going to change anything other than the money in my pocket!

Haha I know what I think of the T200. A softy Modus isn't going to change anything other than the money in my pocket!

Pocket money....

I got to hit the T100 long irons next to my T100S yesterday and expected this massive feel and performance difference…but it wasn’t what I got at all.

The S spun about 150 RPM less for me, thus the 100 were a bit easier to work with more spin but it was slight overall, also had my +4 HS kiddo hit them and saw the same, he can turn either hard, pretty easily. Both profiles are made for that though, these are compact irons meant for the best in the world who demand workability.

Also, we did see the 2-3 mph ball speed difference in the long irons, so it’s not marketing people. Flight was a touch lower in the S, but not much. In fact, it’s just like when we at THP had our discussion directly with the Titleist crew, the S is the best of all worlds without giving up much, it’ll be the best fit for most amateurs in the end.
I wonder if this will translate to actual sales. You would think that most who would be choosing this profile would be discerning enough to make the correct decision, which would translate to higher unit sales for the 100S than 100.

Thanks for the nice feedback @gbtrsc I enjoyed our fitting and I’m excited for you to receive your new clubs! Appreciate your support for Titleist.
Welcome aboard!

I wonder if this will translate to actual sales. You would think that most who would be choosing this profile would be discerning enough to make the correct decision, which would translate to higher unit sales for the 100S than 100.
I’d bet the S will sell more and more will be fit into them.

View attachment 9026463

If those were at my store, I might be very tempted to cancel my order and grab those.

If those were at my store, I might be very tempted to cancel my order and grab those.
That's what I'm saying. I can think of a bunch of guys those might fit well who would prefer not to wait. I will have them gone by the end of this day.

That's what I'm saying. I can think of a bunch of guys those might fit well who would prefer not to wait. I will have them gone by the end of this day.

I had not played i80s before. I did have SteelFiber 110s in some Mizunos a couple of years ago, in Stiff. As far as weight, they felt fine. I have been playing Recoil 780s which are about the same weight. Strangely the SteelFibers allowed me to track the club a bit better through the swing compared to the Hogans with Recoil.

They did not feel STIFFER to me, but rather they are lower torque in the tip, compared to the Recoils. So I would say that they felt more stable. Dispersion was SO much tighter with them.

By the time I get to NM and pick these up I will be 64 years old, so Happy Birthday to me! These are going to be a great setup for me. (Hogans will be on the market soon!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, appreciate you taking the time to reply. One more day and a wake up until it’s my turn.:twist:

Thanks for the nice feedback @gbtrsc I enjoyed our fitting and I’m excited for you to receive your new clubs! Appreciate your support for Titleist.
Welcome to THP.:welcome:

Hit the u505 today.. I really liked it.

9B2BE0FF-32F8-4A85-82ED-2F39B46FDD1F.jpegAB053C77-6E14-4F11-B08C-B9E12118A78B.jpeg

Hit the u505 today.. I really liked it.

View attachment 9026546View attachment 9026547

Yes I didn’t get to hit the u505 with my choice of shaft but we found out I could get it with a SteelFiber i80 to match the rest of the irons, so done deal!

I was surprised by the relative lack of offset with it, relatively thin top line, the solid feel - not hollow at all - and the “go” to it.

Yes I didn’t get to hit the u505 with my choice of shaft but we found out I could get it with a SteelFiber i80 to match the rest of the irons, so done deal!

it is very good. Feel was much better than I expected. It feels very solid and very hot.

it is very good. Feel was much better than I expected. It feels very solid and very hot.

Yup edited my comments above while you were replying!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ordered a set of T300 custom specs on July 29th. Just received word from Titleist via Carl's Golfland that they should ship around September 24th. FYI for those hoping that the supply chain is being resolved anytime soon.
I ordered the same, T300 custom specs on the 29th as well, through TrueSpec. No confirmations yet, but last I was told we were looking at an ETA of September 22nd.

Back