2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

I hit the t100 and t200 today. Beautiful clubs all around. I just love the look when looking down on them.

after hitting them, I was left unimpressed. They felt a bit harsh even on well struck shots. I was hitting prov1s. Numbers were ok and distance was consistent in the 175-185 range for the 7 iron for t100. I just couldn’t tell if I hit the ball on the button or if it was a mishit, however mishits were definitely more punishing in yardage loss.

t200 were a bit thicker of course but not distractingly thick. More forgiving for sure.

I wanted to like them but on the feel alone, it did not give me the feedback I am looking for. I’ve tried other titleist clubs in the past and the feel just carries over release after release for me, leaving me feeling like it was missing something.

if I had to compare to what other iron it feels similar to, I’d say the 919 tours, but a bit harsher.

I hear ya. We appreciate you giving them a thorough test nevertheless.

if I had to compare to what other iron it feels similar to, I’d say the 919 tours, but a bit harsher.

edit: i don’t recall hitting 919 tour. i was thinking about 921 tour.

i have to disagree with this by a lot. 919 tour were pretty darn harsh for me, way more so than t100 or t100s.

edit: i don’t recall hitting 919 tour. i was thinking about 921 tour.

i have to disagree with this by a lot. 919 tour were pretty darn harsh for me, way more so than t100 or t100s.

I have not hit the recent 921t yet and was basing it off of 919.

for Some reason for me, titleist irons - mbs, cbs, t100s dating back 5 years worth of models, have always felt harsh to me.

I would consider myself a good ball striker and rarely miss the center. I’m just wondering if there is something about their standard fit of clubs not fitting my swing profile and I generally get fit into standard L/L/L.

perhaps an opportunity to attend a demo day one day and find out if something is missing on the lie or length.

I have not hit the recent 921t yet and was basing it off of 919.

for Some reason for me, titleist irons - mbs, cbs, t100s dating back 5 years worth of models, have always felt harsh to me.

I would consider myself a good ball striker and rarely miss the center. I’m just wondering if there is something about their standard fit of clubs not fitting my swing profile and I generally get fit into standard L/L/L.

perhaps an opportunity to attend a demo day one day and find out if something is missing on the lie or length.
Agree to some extent. I've played -- and love -- Titleist and Mizuno irons back and forth for years and years. Instead of harsh, I'd say Titleist irons have never felt as soft as the equivalent series by Mizuno. Still, I'm looking forward to testing the new Titleist series.

20210909_220108.jpg20210909_220357.jpg20210909_220618.jpg

I get weird looks from some people when I say that T100 look long to me. This is why. When you play really compact irons like TCB, P7MC, and some of my blades, it's definitely noticable. I jumps out at me every time I swap them in the bag.

On their own the look great and I've said a bunch that I love the shaping of the short irons, but when they're next to the ball or some of my other irons, they always look a little stretched to my eye. It honestly makes me want to caution people from going to a really compact or compact looking head for very long. It's hard to get it out of your mind/eye, and I find that kind of annoying. Lol

View attachment 9026738View attachment 9026739View attachment 9026740

I get weird looks from some people when I say that T100 look long to me. This is why. When you play really compact irons like TCB, P7MC, and some of my blades, it's definitely noticable. I jumps out at me every time I swap them in the bag.

On their own the look great and I've said a bunch that I love the shaping of the short irons, but when they're next to the ball or some of my other irons, they always look a little stretched to my eye. It honestly makes me want to caution people from going to a really compact or compact looking head for very long. It's hard to get it out of your mind/eye, and I find that kind of annoying. Lol

Totally understand your thoughts on the blade length. I had the apex pro double dots (tcb replaced them) and had a hard time adjusting to other iron shapes. Not only blade length, but hosel transition to top line, hi toe of the double dots and leading edge. It was a big reason why I went to Wilson staff cb. Now I’m in Honma tr20v and they are not quite as short in blade length, but very blade like look in appearance.

Did not mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to expand upon your thoughts with my experience. If I were to move into a different set of irons this year, the t100 would be at the top of the list. These are beautiful looking irons. They did an outstanding job on refining the shape. Thanks for sharing!

View attachment 9026738View attachment 9026739View attachment 9026740

Funny you said that because I was thinking the same thing when I looked down on it. I was thinking in my head that it looked a bit longer than I’m used to. You confirmed my suspicion

Totally understand your thoughts on the blade length. I had the apex pro double dots (tcb replaced them) and had a hard time adjusting to other iron shapes. Not only blade length, but hosel transition to top line, hi toe of the double dots and leading edge. It was a big reason why I went to Wilson staff cb. Now I’m in Honma tr20v and they are not quite as short in blade length, but very blade like look in appearance.

Did not mean to hijack the thread, just wanted to expand upon your thoughts with my experience. If I were to move into a different set of irons this year, the t100 would be at the top of the list. These are beautiful looking irons. They did an outstanding job on refining the shape. Thanks for sharing!
Yeah, I played those too, and the 747v and tr20v. Really like the look of the Staff CB's too, so we obviously have similar taste.

The T100 definitely aren't big at all but the whole combination of their attributes plays with my eyes a little. Especially in the long irons. I'm hoping to get a little more used to it where it doesn't.

Yeah, I played those too, and the 747v and tr20v. Really like the look of the Staff CB's too, so we obviously have similar taste.

The T100 definitely aren't big at all but the whole combination of their attributes plays with my eyes a little. Especially in the long irons. I'm hoping to get a little more used to it where it doesn't.

I’ll be really interested in your thoughts on these after about 10-15 rounds. As you adjust to the feel, turf interaction, etc. They definitely have my attention. Have not bagged Titleist irons since 714 cb, which are still some of my favorite irons played minus my bridgestones.

Will probably end up either back in a set of the staff cb’s or these t100’s before long. I really like the feel of these tr20’s, but after adjusting the lofts weak the soles feel like they are grabbing a bit. We shall see…

Just finished a fitting at CC.

T100S with my old flame the CTapers were just impressive for me.

Ponders....

1631303242924.png

What a wonderful busy day. I had my fitting today with Trey from Titleist who was incredible and very patient getting good swings out of my strong grip that loves to shut the club face shut. But that is another story probably better told in another section of the forum.

Starting off Trey had me try the T300s with a Recoil shaft weight unknown and although I like the head the shaft felt light to me and I don't really think I had many good strikes. Didn't take but a few swings to decide me and the shaft didn't get along. Next we tried the Steelfiber i80 and that was good. I hit some really decent shots and this was promising I liked the 300 head and it felt great and truthfully I went into the fitting 99% sure that was going to be the head I ended up with. Trey tried a few tweaks to the lie and I was hitting it ok. So I asked just to try the T200s and he said sure "I was about to suggest that". He put the T200 head on the SF 80i and I had to say dirty words because that was awesome. Feel and ball flight were much better, even with my strong grip. Did I say feel and sound were awesome that to me is an understatement because they were perfect to me. We could have stopped there but Trey kept trying to make the club better and even took the time to try to get me to work out how to weaken my grip. Dude was just great, I invited him to join THP so I hope he does. To make sure we didn't leave any stone unturned we tried T300 again in the steel AMT Red and not for me I really struggled with my strike. So once we decided the T200 head and the SteelFiber shaft we changed the weight to the I95 1/2 in over 2 degrees up and after a few my left was getting worse again. So Trey dropped the lie to 1 flat which wasn't good because I dug the toe in the ground. Next we tried the standard which was better but not as good as the 2 up. So went to 1 up and that was it.

So Final specs for the Irons are T200 5-GW Aerotech SteelfiberI95 Stiff Flex (1/2 in overlength 1 degree upright).

As surprised as I was at how good the T200s were for me I was just as shocked and I really mean this shocked by the U505 4 iron. I haven't hit a 4 iron decently in years in fact the last set of irons I got I didn't waste the money on one. Again a victim of my strong face closing grip, the U505 didn't care I have struggled with my long irons it jumped into the air and took off. Ball flight was actually high and long and straight for me this was worth a few more choice words of pure enjoyment. I'm so excited like the rest of us the wait is going to be rough but worth the wait in the end.

Utility Specs are U505 Standard L/L/L Tsi Tensei AV Blue Raw 65 HYB

Today has been great thank you THP and (Titleist and Trey)

Awesome! Another SteelFiber fit. Let’s see the Trackman data too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What a wonderful busy day. I had my fitting today with Trey from Titleist who was incredible and very patient getting good swings out of my strong grip that loves to shut the club face shut. But that is another story probably better told in another section of the forum.

Starting off Trey had me try the T300s with a Recoil shaft weight unknown and although I like the head the shaft felt light to me and I don't really think I had many good strikes. Didn't take but a few swings to decide me and the shaft didn't get along. Next we tried the Steelfiber i80 and that was good. I hit some really decent shots and this was promising I liked the 300 head and it felt great and truthfully I went into the fitting 99% sure that was going to be the head I ended up with. Trey tried a few tweaks to the lie and I was hitting it ok. So I asked just to try the T200s and he said sure "I was about to suggest that". He put the T200 head on the SF 80i and I had to say dirty words because that was awesome. Feel and ball flight were much better, even with my strong grip. Did I say feel and sound were awesome that to me is an understatement because they were perfect to me. We could have stopped there but Trey kept trying to make the club better and even took the time to try to get me to work out how to weaken my grip. Dude was just great, I invited him to join THP so I hope he does. To make sure we didn't leave any stone unturned we tried T300 again in the steel AMT Red and not for me I really struggled with my strike. So once we decided the T200 head and the SteelFiber shaft we changed the weight to the I95 1/2 in over 2 degrees up and after a few my left was getting worse again. So Trey dropped the lie to 1 flat which wasn't good because I dug the toe in the ground. Next we tried the standard which was better but not as good as the 2 up. So went to 1 up and that was it.

So Final specs for the Irons are T200 5-GW Aerotech SteelfiberI95 Stiff Flex (1/2 in overlength 1 degree upright).

As surprised as I was at how good the T200s were for me I was just as shocked and I really mean this shocked by the U505 4 iron. I haven't hit a 4 iron decently in years in fact the last set of irons I got I didn't waste the money on one. Again a victim of my strong face closing grip, the U505 didn't care I have struggled with my long irons it jumped into the air and took off. Ball flight was actually high and long and straight for me this was worth a few more choice words of pure enjoyment. I'm so excited like the rest of us the wait is going to be rough but worth the wait in the end.

Awesome stuff!!! Sounds like you found the set & through the fitting a different head that you thought you would go with.

That's outstanding! I have to agree, the 200's are just silly fun to hit! Looks like a great setup for you!

Awesome! Another SteelFiber fit. Let’s see the Trackman data too!

I don’t have it, rookie mistake I never thought to ask Trey if he could share it with me. :stickbeat: How did you get your’s? Thinking about it I wonder if I should there are a bunch of ”fore left” shots. You guys might ban me from New Mexico… LOL

I don’t have it, rookie mistake I never thought to ask Trey if he could share it with me. :stickbeat: How did you get your’s? Thinking about it I wonder if I should there are a bunch of ”fore left” shots. You guys might ban me from New Mexico… LOL
I emailed my fitter after the fact and he sent it over to me as I forgot to ask as well.

Adam asked for my email address and I had it before I got in the car to go home.

So glad THPers are enjoying the fitting from the THP Event. We are excited as well and the clubs are being built up and we will bring them to you at our meet and greet evening. More on that part coming soon when full itinerary is out.

Getting excited to read all of your feedback as you keep the clubs and share your thoughts moving forward. And I can say for certain that that live update thread is going to be awesome.

Getting excited to read all of your feedback as you keep the clubs and share your thoughts moving forward. And I can say for certain that that live update thread is going to be awesome.
Heck yes! I can’t wait to put these into play! The best part about it…I’ll be able to share my thoughts on these the remainder of the year as there is no end to the golf season here in Florida.

Heck yes! I can’t wait to put these into play! The best part about it…I’ll be able to share my thoughts on these the remainder of the year as there is no end to the golf season here in Florida.

Same here! We may not be able to play every day year round in SC, but we can play every week. Really excited to get these into play. And so thankful to THP for this great opportunity.

Last edited:
Same here! We may not be able to play every day year round in SC, but we can play every week. Really excited to get these into play. And so thankful to THP for this great opportunity.

Especially from the browser :ROFLMAO:

Back