2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

To add to this, I recently saw a WITB for Rocco Mediate and he is gaming super heavy 7.0 shafts in his irons. He said they are certainly too stiff for him so to speak, but that they work well for him and its where his comfort lies. So although there are generally accepted practices on weight and flex, it is up to ourselves to make our own determination as to what is best for our game. At Rocco's age and speed, I'm guessing not a single fitter would fit him into heavy 7.0 shafts.
I would be surprised if he ever would have fit into 7.0 shafts using normal fitting parameters.

I hope to contribute to this thread very, very soon :D I'm anxious to get these beauties in hand.

So would you play a friend's set just because you're itching to play them, and yours aren't in yet, even though they might not fit you as perfectly?

Asking for my friend who thinks he's going to play well with mine this morning, but isn't. Haha

So would you play a friend's set just because you're itching to play them, and yours aren't in yet, even though they might not fit you as perfectly?

Asking for my friend who thinks he's going to play well with mine this morning, but isn't. Haha

Heck yes I would play them. Summers in Montana are short, and I'm not getting any younger. And, for the record, I would play well with them. Well, at least I would look good playing them. Well, at least I would be golfing. :p

Ready to get the T100s in action.

Had my fitting this AM. Had my B/B- swing today which is a actually a good thing. Coming from Mizuno Mp-59s with S300 shafts, i was looking for forgiveness with the less ideal swings which were punishing me.

Started with 100S and AMT white worked through a lengthy progression of head/shaft combos. ended up with KBS tour 90 and t200 4-PW. I was pleasantly surprised how compact and player-ish the head looks from address. Maybe even more so than my MP-59s.

My distance dispersion was a compact 4 yards from flush to thin/toe strikes. I can work with that! I currently get punished by my gamers on the order of 12-15 yards for poor contact….

Most pertinent to this thread, i joked with our pro that “now the 6 week wait begins…”. His comment was that all his new T-Series iron orders having been arriving in roughly two weeks. Not sure what special connection he has, but if that holds true, then awesome….

8a2da70d60bb95558ace0aa78b39e3ed.jpg

18253d9f7d734507c2f7e127fc58300e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had my fitting this AM. Had my B/B- swing today which is a actually a good thing. Coming from Mizuno Mp-59s with S300 shafts, i was looking for forgiveness with the less ideal swings which were punishing me.

Started with 100S and AMT white worked through a lengthy progression of head/shaft combos. ended up with KBS tour 90 and t200 4-PW. I was pleasantly surprised how compact and player-ish the head looks from address. Maybe even more so than my MP-59s.

My distance dispersion was a compact 4 yards from flush to thin/toe strikes. I can work with that! I currently get punished by my gamers on the order of 12-15 yards for poor contact….

Most pertinent to this thread, i joked with our pro that “now the 6 week wait begins…”. His comment was that all his new T-Series iron orders having been arriving in roughly two weeks. Not sure what special connection he has, but if that holds true, then awesome….

If you get yours in two weeks, you should take your pro a gift. I would be thrilled for you, too. I will hit the six week mark on Monday. I am hoping that I see mine soon.

i think everyone i have talked to (including me!), and every review i have seen shows incredibly impressive dispersion with the t200. kinda why i can't get them off my brain.

If you get yours in two weeks, you should take your pro a gift. I would be thrilled for you, too. I will hit the six week mark on Monday. I am hoping that I see mine soon.

I’ll certainly show him some appreciation if it comes true. That said, have it set in my head that it 6 weeks. I would rather be pleasantly surprised than massively disappointed….

i think everyone i have talked to (including me!), and every review i have seen shows incredibly impressive dispersion with the t200. kinda why i can't get them off my brain.
This is the thing that sticks in my head as well and the one thing that makes me question whether a straight set of 200s might not fill my needs better. In apples to apples comparisons profile-wise, those 200s seem to be incredibly consistent. They also seemed to be more consistent even than the 100s, in reviews that I have watched. What can’t be included in a comparison to the 100 profile is the sole design. In my own experience, when my swing is really clicking, I shoot my best scores with an iron with a thinner sole, although my range of scores is probably greater, as well. The sole designs are much different and that is why I went the way that I did, with a combo set. However, the dispersions of the 200s has been so impressive in every test I have watched.

You haven’t ordered a set yet?

You haven’t ordered a set yet?

i am a bastion of self-restraint and sound financial decision-making

Distance dispersion sold me. Flush shots “felt” hot, while sub optimal strikes felt solid but dead by comparison. It was easy to feel low or toe strikes. Not until looking at the data with our pro did i realize i wasn’t punished for the lower quality contact shots.

The T100S were much more traditional, providing a more substantial penalty for off center strikes.

The magic ju-ju they put into the T200 must be a mix of leprechaun tears and unicorn farts, because it defies almost everything I have ever learned about iron contact.

I’m starting to get comfortable with mine. I was throwing darts today on a shorter course. These let me get away with a lot more than my Hogans do.

I've hit the t100's and t200's indoors off the mat in demo shaft/head. They felt so harsh and felt like i was hitting a brick ball. I love how they look at all angles and i really want to like them, but did not know why they felt so harsh. anyone experience that?

I did some more research and found a few people experiencing the same thing, strictly from the demo heads/shaft and when they tried a 'glued' in (retail demo) club, it was a night and day difference in the feel department. I'm going to give these another try next week at a place where they will have some glued in shaft/head to demo with to test that theory.

I come from playing blades and I'm a consistent striker, but I'm looking for some more forgiveness and these has my attention because I really like how they look. i59 is close second, but price and not having my shaft would put it over 2k and t100/t200 would be almost 1k cheaper.

Congrats i got the same shafts in my 5-gw and love it. I have never hit so many greens. The 200s are a solid choice. I was lucky and got mine in 3 weeks so hopefully they show up quickly for everyone.

i am a bastion of self-restraint and sound financial decision-making

I can put the Modus back in if that will open up your wallet..?

Last edited:
I've hit the t100's and t200's indoors off the mat in demo shaft/head. They felt so harsh and felt like i was hitting a brick ball. I love how they look at all angles and i really want to like them, but did not know why they felt so harsh. anyone experience that?

I did some more research and found a few people experiencing the same thing, strictly from the demo heads/shaft and when they tried a 'glued' in (retail demo) club, it was a night and day difference in the feel department. I'm going to give these another try next week at a place where they will have some glued in shaft/head to demo with to test that theory.

I come from playing blades and I'm a consistent striker, but I'm looking for some more forgiveness and these has my attention because I really like how they look. i59 is close second, but price and not having my shaft would put it over 2k and t100/t200 would be almost 1k cheaper.
I've hit them plenty in and out with different shafts, and I personally don't really see how having a bonded setup would change whether or not they feel harsh to you, or anyone. Sounds can change a good bit indoors to out, but I tend to think most, especially techy ones, sound a little better inside around things that will dampen and absorb noise.

I've hit them plenty in and out with different shafts, and I personally don't really see how having a bonded setup would change whether or not they feel harsh to you, or anyone. Sounds can change a good bit indoors to out, but I tend to think most, especially techy ones, sound a little better inside around things that will dampen and absorb noise.
Interesting.

below is another example I was talking about

CC28C4F2-BABA-4A85-8670-69FF70BD4B5D.jpeg

Interesting.

below is another example I was talking about

View attachment 9028466
There's obviously minor differences in fitting heads to accommodate swapping shafts, but they're mostly in the hosel, not the face/internals of the head. I just don't see there being a stark difference. Feels user experience related. If you think they're harsh indoors with a fitting head, I wouldn't count on that changing after a purchase or heading outdoors. Just my 2 cents though.

There's obviously minor differences in fitting heads to accommodate swapping shafts, but they're mostly in the hosel, not the face/internals of the head. I just don't see there being a stark difference. Feels user experience related. If you think they're harsh indoors with a fitting head, I wouldn't count on that changing after a purchase or heading outdoors. Just my 2 cents though.

Unless you’re hitting Maxfli rocks rolling around the big box store hitting bay…..

Guess I'll find out next week!

Unless you’re hitting Maxfli rocks rolling around the big box store hitting bay…..

I was hitting prov1s 🤷‍♂️

Yeah, I hadn't really thought about that. Don't do that. Lol.

I'm kinda crazy about hitting the actual balls I'm going to use, or a familiar control ball, but I forget that others aren't. Until @DNice26 does it and I rip him a new one. 🤣

Back