2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

I think a set of the T100s could be a whole lot of fun. I hit the ball pretty high so that stronger loft may get me in to a sweet spot. It's nice to see Titleist continue to crush it in the iron department.

Getting caught up on some of the YouTube videos now and looking through some people's data there's a lot of small sample sizes and wide variation. Ball speeds increases seem pretty consistent, Mostly about 3-4 between 100 and 100S, 200 speeds similar to 100S but a little less spin. Some launch stuff pretty level, some differences. They pushed the 'polymer to "help" achieve the same launch' in the 100S as the 100 pretty early, and hard, but I've yet to see them equalize in a session, personally. Peak heights usually real similar though and the playability between them seems pretty consistent in that regard.

Interesting stuff. Looking forward to those deeper dives.

I like what I'm seeing here. The release day tech talk is always exciting and promising, but I've learned over the years not to get too hyped until seeing some comparisons to the previous model.

Still, those T100S bent 1 or 2 weak....yummy.

I appreciate you all reading the homepage article!

Man, I'm here staring at data, and my clubs, trying to figure things out, and I've identified why it's so hard for me here. The problem is the T100S. The fact that it looks the same. Because it looks good. Looks how I want. And I want to play a 33* 7i. It works best for just about every combo I do. So I want the T100S, 1 weak, but I want it to actually be the T100. I want the T100S without all the assist junk and manipulated cg in it, or the T100 to just be the one that's 32 degrees so I can crank a little offset off, love the look and feel, and have it fit with what I try to do.

This is the dilemna. And it's why I've always loved Honma player's cavities, and part of why i like my ZX7's. They're not real techy, start at 32*, with great feel. The lofts are annoying. lol I can take one of my blades and move it from 35 to 34 or 34 to 33 and the offset is still great. I'm not wanting to take the 100 strong and add though. It's too much. I have the same thing with my TCB's. I'd love to play at 33, but there's already a little more offset than I want. I want the modern standard to be 33. Tour players need to stop being young and effing it all up for the rest of us!

Man, I'm here staring at data, and my clubs, trying to figure things out, and I've identified why it's so hard for me here. The problem is the T100S. The fact that it looks the same. Because it looks good. Looks how I want. And I want to play a 33* 7i. It works best for just about every combo I do. So I want the T100S, 1 weak, but I want it to actually be the T100. I want the T100S without all the assist junk and manipulated cg in it, or the T100 to just be the one that's 32 degrees so I can crank a little offset off, love the look and feel, and have it fit with what I try to do.

This is the dilemna. And it's why I've always loved Honma player's cavities, and part of why i like my ZX7's. They're not real techy, start at 32*, with great feel. The lofts are annoying. lol I can take one of my blades and move it from 35 to 34 or 34 to 33 and the offset is still great. I'm not wanting to take the 100 strong and add though. It's too much. I have the same thing with my TCB's. I'd love to play at 33, but there's already a little more offset than I want. I want the modern standard to be 33. Tour players need to stop being young and effing it all up for the rest of us!

Lots of tech and info. Great review @Jman…the blending options seem endless!

It is about time to replace my 718 AP1 irons so I used the on-line Golf Iron Selector Tool and the results came up with the T200. I would think the T300 would be the direct replacement for the AP1. Thoughts?

some cool videos with Titleist + Max Homa. T100S & T200 are most interesting to me. Love how much tech and engineering they put into the T200 to make it quieter, sound and feel wise.

Man I want the T200's, but the question is - should I play the T200's.

Might have to request a fitting for these soon.

see the bolded above. did you mean loft was annoying, or offset? i get that they're related, but i would agree that the offset in the honmas (and many of the clubs we're seeing these days) is a bit bothersome. ok, more than a bit...

i too prefer a much straighter look at address. unlike you, the t100s tech is built for me and my needs. gimme dat spin, but also gimme dat help. so i could be all about some t100s 1* weak, maybe get a little cray and blend in some t200 1* weak. not gonna happen anytime soon, though.

If its helpful for anyone….

I tested the T100, T100S and T200 against my current T100S irons.
Below are some results, all 7 irons with the same $taper shaft and a TP5X golf ball. This is off an indoor mat.

I have quite a bit more data with head shaft combos, but thought I’d share these for folks to peruse. YMMV of course…

View attachment 9019454
Surprised t200 not much longer. How was feel of t200?

I'm not sure I ever wanted to try a Titleist iron this much before. 100s or 200 is the question.

Surprised t200 not much longer. How was feel of t200?

Its hard to convey feel and indoors in bays can change the perception. In general, they felt fairly similar to the T100S, which is to say firm and fast, with a sort of slight sharp/fast pitch. I recall them feeling slightly softer than the T100S actually. I suppose that is the polymer in play.

I'm not sure I ever wanted to try a Titleist iron this much before. 100s or 200 is the question.
Looks like both is a really good option IMO.

you buy both, then send one to me to test. then we can swapsies.

see the bolded above. did you mean loft was annoying, or offset? i get that they're related, but i would agree that the offset in the honmas (and many of the clubs we're seeing these days) is a bit bothersome. ok, more than a bit...

i too prefer a much straighter look at address. unlike you, the t100s tech is built for me and my needs. gimme dat spin, but also gimme dat help. so i could be all about some t100s 1* weak, maybe get a little cray and blend in some t200 1* weak. not gonna happen anytime soon, though.
You and I might be brothers. I was thinking very similar. The looks of the t200 should blend in week with the t100s I would think.

Super in depth write up. While I'd love to be able to play the T100 I think the 200 is probably more in my wheelhouse.. going to have to give these a peek!

You and I might be brothers. I was thinking very similar. The looks of the t200 should blend in week with the t100s I would think.

i'll definitely hit these, and cross my fingers that i don't do something dumb and buy them. if i had to build a set blind, i'd go t200 5-7, t100s 8-gw, all 1* weak.

Just got fit for the 200s and wow! Big improvement over my Ping G400s. Nice looking great feel and really launches high. Fit at TruSpec now just got to wait a couple of weeks to get them.
What shafts did you end up in?

Back