2021 Titleist T-Series Irons

Tech Studio will always amplify, my thoughts were from both there and outside. Part of it is hitting them back to back with other irons and getting such a stark difference. The other is preference of course. Titleist users have enjoyed the sound and feel. Others have found that sound/feel to be a bit different than what they are used to.

very interesting. i hit 100, 100S and 200 one after the other. 100 was the softest by a fair margin, but i just pick up on much between 100s and 200. and tbf i’ve read and heard the same thoughts about the loudness of t200 from others. i just personally didn’t notice anything substantially different. that probably says a lot more about my own preferences, though, as i thoroughly enjoyed the 718tmb i received in the ultimate club testing experience with titleist, as well as some 718 ap2s i had for a bit.

Had the T200’s in the bag for a round today and it got cut short due to rain. On the course they weren’t obviously as audibly loud. They look fantastic in the bag and at address.
0A2E7BFA-B0D2-4F74-B543-BFFB252A44EE.jpeg

0BD325FE-7F0A-44E0-A25B-E2E565768A9D.jpeg

T300 in the bag for a shortened round thanks to rain. For a GI iron, not too bad. AMT Red isn't always my cup of tea in terms of iron shafts, but was a fine pairing. First hole had 176, took the 6 iron and left myself 20 feet below the pin. Nice flight, little right to left. Wish we had more course time, but color me impressed.

Not sure when my T100S will get shipped. I'm hearing end of this month. Fortunately the Apex Pros are performing for me right now.

I think there are a lot of Titleist players that really love that feel. Venturing too far might have been an issue. My thoughts anyway. I still think its one of the best sets in recent years by them, so there is that.
I totally agree, itll make the long term guys happy in the 200’s, where the 100’s will appeal to a wider crowd imo

T200 feels and sounds awful when you miss out on the toe. Sounds/feels great when flushed. Still don’t like AMT shafts
don’t get too much caught up in your thoughts. We are all very different animals. You‘ve been fit for them and I‘m very confident that your fitter recommended them for you with the best intentions for your game
don’t get too much caught up in your thoughts. We are all very different animals. You‘ve been fit for them and I‘m very confident that your fitter recommended them for you with the best intentions for your game

I started my fitting with the new P790. Oh boy, that was a horrible thing to hear 😳
The fitting was set up by Titleist and THP for the upcoming Experience in October. Thank you again THP/Titleist!

We did go through several shafts and the AMT were the best numbers out of the ones he had available. With that I'm comfortable, just the weighted differences in the irons I haven't hit yet.

I'm telling myself that those will also be great and may just be what I need!

The fitting was set up by Titleist and THP for the upcoming Experience in October. Thank you again THP/Titleist!

We did go through several shafts and the AMT were the best numbers out of the ones he had available. With that I'm comfortable, just the weighted differences in the irons I haven't hit yet.

Don’t second guess. The fitter would have known what to put you in.

• Appreciation
Reactions: J4U
My fitting was the first time I have ever hit a Titleist iron. I’m currently gaming 919 Hot Metals for comparison and I noticed nothing about the sound of the T200 at all. What I did notice was the T200 felt so nice thru the ball. I could feel the compression on the ball which was crazy for me. Maybe it was because I was so hyped up but they felt perfect to me.

I personally like the amt white and was fully expecting to be fit into them. What’s weird is I was hitting them really night and the px lz 6.0’s brought the flight down a bit and added a bit more spin? Makes no sense but I did see it with my own eyes and by the trackman numbers

• Appreciation
Went to dicks to hit them again. I think I know why almost every shot felt harsh to me.

58A06E6A-535D-49B0-8AA0-4579B9506818.jpeg

t100 standard length and demo head and it was too upright for me. I noticed it when looking down on it and I tried other standard oem clubs and they all looked flat to my eye. This is probably why it felt so harsh when I’m hitting the heel into the mat.

I’m wondering if I’ll need to have it bent 2-3 degrees flat?

will be trying them again on grass next Tuesday. I really wish there was a Titleist demo day event nearby here so I can sort this out.

It’s awful. I feel like it makes everything feel harsh to me

it’s a great idea, but why does it have to feel like sh1t lol

I am in such the minority again as I don't hate the AMT. Its a bit sturdier, but I kind of dig it haha.

i did notice a slight difference when i hit 200, 100 and 100s, but it was still impressively similar to me. in a different testing hit a certain club that some here really took issue with in its sound, and i didn’t find it offensive. so either the acoustics are just very different where i tested all this than the tech studio, or i need to get my ears cleaned out.
I'll admit that I've nearly suggested you do that once or twice. Pretty sure I went with 'like to get your take because we seem to appreciate sounds and feels differently', or something. :LOL:. Everyone is different, and we might both be different kinds of different on this. :p

Like, I've read all these T200 posts for weeks, and while I love the performance and consistency of them, over time I've only confirmed that I can't stand how they sound and feel. I announced pretty early I'd only be able to stomach one, maybe. Nowhere near the 100/100S for me. Sounds, feel, and feedback are all pretty much opposite of what I want.

I am in such the minority again as I don't hate the AMT. Its a bit sturdier, but I kind of dig it haha.
👋

You have company. Maybe not the company you want, but I'm with ya. :D

• Haha
I’ve found that any ascending weight shaft fits my swing, whether the AWT 2.0, the AMT (red or Black) or some of the graphite shafts that are similar so I wasn’t put off by the stock offering.

Went to dicks to hit them again. I think I know why almost every shot felt harsh to me.

View attachment 9028677

t100 standard length and demo head and it was too upright for me. I noticed it when looking down on it and I tried other standard oem clubs and they all looked flat to my eye. This is probably why it felt so harsh when I’m hitting the heel into the mat.

I’m wondering if I’ll need to have it bent 2-3 degrees flat?

will be trying them again on grass next Tuesday. I really wish there was a Titleist demo day event nearby here so I can sort this out.
FWIW, when I hit clubs off the shelf they feel a bit twangy? My normal is 2 flat so could make sense.

Thanks for all the input on the AMT. I can be a bit aggressive at times. Read that as all the time with a little extra every now and then when I get slap happy.

I'm excited to see how the longer irons behave. That PW was a monster being on the heavy end and if I get more CHS with the lighter at the top...goodness. These could wake up a dormant score machine...haha.

That’s because you aren’t old like me.

Me too, I like the AMT white in my AP3s. If I had to order blind, that’s what I’d go back with on new ones.

i am a fan of the amt. actually it is in big time consideration for an upcoming set..

Long weekend of lots of serious golf, and then bag change and some fun, that really was fun, so I'm putting the T100 back in play tomorrow for more of that. Was working a sweet little pin seeking fade today on command, so I want to see if I can replicate it with them.

Back