Tour Event 2021 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

If the course drys up more, -5 could get you into a playoff & -6 wins outright...
Tomorrow morning will be interesting to see if someone can. Post before the greens get bumpy

Bryson grinded last night and found something... Now it’s Brooky’s turn...

F90D4BB9-FA30-4483-BE07-7500A158D5A2.jpeg
Tomorrow’s viewing schedule is way more linear than the last two days... No Peacock in the rotation...

Akshay Bhatia birdies 18 to make the cut on the number!!!

If you didn’t switch it over to Peacock after network coverage, you missed some drama in the penultimate group on the course...

18th Hole:
Akshay Bhatia needed a birdie coming in to make the cut on the number, he goes for it in 2 and puts it over the green, and hits a phenomenal chip to give him a chance at birdie... And he drains it.

Same group, Andrew Kozan arrives to the 18th tee at +4 and needs par to be the only Amateur to make the cut.

He hooks his drive into the rough, hits a great shot to lay up short of the water. His wedge in doesn’t stay on the right level and spins back to the front of the green. Then 3 putts it from there, making bogey missing the cut by one shot. First time since Oakmont that an Amateur failed to make the cut... He looked shell shocked... Part Triumph & Part Tragedy... That’s US Open Golf...

If you didn’t switch it over to Peacock after network coverage, you missed some drama in the penultimate group on the course...

18th Hole:
Akshay Bhatia needed a birdie coming in to make the cut on the number, he goes for it in 2 and puts it over the green, and hits a phenomenal chip to give him a chance at birdie... And he drains it.

Same group, Andrew Kozan arrives to the 18th tee at +4 and needs par to be the only Amateur to make the cut.

He hooks his drive into the rough, hits a great shot to lay up short of the water. His wedge in doesn’t stay on the right level and spins back to the front of the green. Then 3 putts it from there, making bogey missing the cut by one shot. First time since Oakmont that an Amateur failed to make the cut... He looked shell shocked... Part Triumph & Part Tragedy... That’s US Open Golf...

yeah, that was fun to watch...too bad for kozan.

Most surprising cut to me:

Finau
Simpson
Rose
Also slightly surprised Zalatoris MCd.

Not a lot of big namers were chopped. Should be fantastic golf this weekend. Would like to see Bubba get into the mix this weekend.

Phil can still be the man. Phil Mickelson to win.
Epic driver 9 degrees standard shaft 1.75” over length.

Phil can still be the man. Phil Mickelson to win.
Epic driver 9 degrees standard shaft 1.75” over length.
Entries for this one are locked up since the tournament started, but never fear we have a new giveaway coming soon.

Who makes a big Saturday move today?

I think Rory posts a 3 under round to get back in the hunt

Be very curious in how different the greens get early to afternoon. The grass always gets a little iffy with the poa, but the last couple of days putting was really different depending on when you teed off.

It could lead to someone early posting and really putting themselves into the hunt.

Who makes a big Saturday move today?

I think Rory posts a 3 under round to get back in the hunt

Would like to see Westwood make a move.

Rahm moves into share of lead is my pick and Bryson within 4

I am liking seeing Bubba and Ram in the top 5

No one really stringing birdies together from the opening groups which I thought a few might.

The third hole is diabolical today

Spieth’s 🔥🔥🔥

Check out Jordan.

Nobody is making putts now, what is the afternoon going to look like.

Of course as I type that Casey drops a bomb

Phil keeps this up with the mini driver he’ll need to start using his longer one to change things up and maybe find a fairway

Pull the trigger already

Back