Tour Event 2021 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

Feel for Bland but would be lying if I said I was surprised

I’m going to the tournament tomorrow and it will be my first time going to a pro event. Couldn’t ask for a more exciting top 10, so many big names on the leaderboard. Pumped my two favorite players not named Tiger (Rory and Wolff) are in contention!

I’m going to the tournament tomorrow and it will be my first time going to a pro event. Couldn’t ask for a more exciting top 10, so many big names on the leaderboard. Pumped my two favorite players not named Tiger (Rory and Wolff) are in contention!
That's awesome man!! Have fun.

18582EDD-530B-48DD-8AEC-7DD7B44CCD69.jpeg
Saw this on Twitter, very interesting...

Right?

As much as they are fun stories, Majors are Majors for a reason.
Feel for Bland but would be lying if I said I was surprised

It was a great story, but today was always the day Brand was going to exit stage right..
The first two days he played perfect golf leaving himself beneath the hole on almost every green he hit, and his misses were always in manageable spots... Today he just couldn’t hold it together...

What an eagle putt, moving Hughes into the co-leader position! 🇨🇦

It's always interesting to watch the leaderboard change during a major compared to a regular tour event. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was going to root for the local boy McKenzie, but he could have a completely different game on Sunday.

Super excited to sit down and watch this final round today. Have only been able to watch a little bit yesterday but today is my day dammit and I’m watching this thing! 🤣

Super excited to sit down and watch this final round today. Have only been able to watch a little bit yesterday but today is my day dammit and I’m watching this thing! 🤣
Same way for today. I’m hoping we see some sunshine to dry things out and make it play fast. Thr tournament has been great despite the course not showing it visually as most holes look the same.

Someone on another (non-sports) forum said they think this hasn't been "US Open-enough". They think it hasn't been tough enough.

13 players under par @54, I think it's been just about right. Would like to see it toughen up today and -3 win it.

Will be pulling for Oosthuizen. Something in the water in SA to produce so many guys with ice in their veins (Els winning twice, and Goosen winning the toughest test in golf twice, and Oostie contending on occasion).

Someone on another (non-sports) forum said they think this hasn't been "US Open-enough". They think it hasn't been tough enough.

13 players under par @54, I think it's been just about right. Would like to see it toughen up today and -3 win it.

Will be pulling for Oosthuizen. Something in the water in SA to produce so many guys with ice in their veins (Els winning twice, and Goosen winning the toughest test in golf twice, and Oostie contending on occasion).

whoever had the this isn’t us open enough take, needs to abandon that take lol. Makes sense that it came from a non sports forum.

No reason to make it unreasonably tough on the last day though IMO. Just like you said it hasn’t been easy by any means. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it. We want to see aggressive shots playing to win, not conservative who can make the least amount of mistakes/ who can play it the safest.

I’d like to see it finish somewhere in the -6 or -7 range which would line up comparable with winged foot last year.

Would love to see Bland shoot a solid round today and get back in the mix....

I think 4 under takes home a trophy today

whoever had the this isn’t us open enough take, needs to abandon that take lol. Makes sense that it came from a non sports forum.

No reason to make it unreasonably tough on the last day though IMO. Just like you said it hasn’t been easy by any means. If it isn’t broken don’t fix it. We want to see aggressive shots playing to win, not conservative who can make the least amount of mistakes/ who can play it the safest.

I’d like to see it finish somewhere in the -6 or -7 range which would line up comparable with winged foot last year.

I like to see it remain the toughest test in golf.

I like to see the US Open winner always around par. I like to see carnage, if only for one week out of the year.

In general though I think it's been close to about right. As I said I would like the winner by today's end at -3, but I don't think that's going to be the case (I'm guessing -7 wins it).

is Hideki pigeon toed in his putting stance??

is Hideki pigeon toed in his putting stance??
Slightly appears that way, but I don’t think it is naturally.

Slightly appears that way, but I don’t think it is naturally.
Maybe the angle then. I had a “what the hell is he trying now” moment. :LOL:

Ehh, the leaders averaging -1 a day is a good place to be imo.

Is it bad mojo to hit a putt with your wedge when you’re 3” away? Reed grabbed putter, then took off glove, then tapped in, instead of tapping it in with his wedge

Is it bad mojo to hit a putt with your wedge when you’re 3” away? Reed grabbed putter, then took off glove, then tapped in, instead of tapping it in with his wedge
Probably just minimizing the chance of something abnormally freaky and stupid happening on a Sunday in a major. If I was playing for that kind of money under that kind of pressure, I wouldn't want to 'nonchalant' anything, even a 3" tap-in.

I do not know a lot about Hughes, but it would be super cool for Canada if he won.

Phil wearing navy and gray instead of black on a Sunday?

Mickelson is a little out of position after that approach to 18.

Back