Tour Event 2021 US Open Contest and Thread Sponsored by Callaway Golf

Congrats to Rahm some great playing to close this thing out, while others just couldn't do anything good

Very happy for Rahm, it was definitely his time. Feel bad for Louis. Enjoyed see everyone else on the leader board crap down both legs and fall out of contention.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Very happy for Rahm, it was definitely his time. Feel bad for Louis. Enjoyed see everyone else on the leader board crap down both legs and fall out of contention.

Agreed... if by “everyone else” you mean Rory... I I felt bad for Louis, until he didn’t go for it on 18...

Me too! So there is a chance?!

Agreed... if by “everyone else” you mean Rory... I I felt bad for Louis, until he didn’t go for it on 18...
I think Bryson qualifies as crapping his pants in a big way. DJ was close and fell back. Henley, Hughes and Wolff were all there to start the day and disappeared. JT was within a shot or two halfway through the round and stumbled. In my personal power rankings they all qualify

Rahm just absolutely roasting taylormade

DJ, Koepka, Koepka, Woodland, Dechambeau, Rahm

something in common there, eh USGA

Rahm just absolutely roasting taylormade

Say what you want about Rahm and slamming clubs, but every time he talks he is polished and professional. His humility around the Covid thing at the Memorial was a shining example of dealing with adversity and understanding his place of privilege in the world, and that comment above is how you promote your dang sponsors. Well done Mr. Rahm congrats on being the US Open Champ.

Say what you want about Rahm and slamming clubs, but every time he talks he is polished and professional. His humility around the Covid thing at the Memorial was a shining example of dealing with adversity and understanding his place of privilege in the world, and that comment above is how you promote your dang sponsors. Well done Mr. Rahm congrats on being the US Open Champ.

Nicely said. It is no surprise he is with Callaway as his coach and manager is Phil's brother. Rahm could play with anything top tier.

Man watching those highlights of Rahm’s putts, I almost feel like we were cheated not seeing him do it in the final pairing.

Man watching those highlights of Rahm’s putts, I almost feel like we were cheated not seeing him do it in the final pairing.
Yeah, I had that feeling too. The roar from the crowd would have been even more insane if that was the case.

Interesting coincidence that the last two Open champs have been paired with Wolff in the final round.

Interesting coincidence that the last two Open champs have been paired with Wolff in the final round.
And both guys played well down the stretch while Wolff went the other direction. Impressive they were able to stay in the moment and minimize mistakes.

And both guys played well down the stretch while Wolff went the other direction. Impressive they were able to stay in the moment and minimize mistakes.
I don't remember where I saw it, probably twitter, but someone was saying that Wolff plays fast and is a good guy, even if he's struggling. Probably helps a ton.

I don't remember where I saw it, probably twitter, but someone was saying that Wolff plays fast and is a good guy, even if he's struggling. Probably helps a ton.
I saw that too. I believe it was Max Homa

Love Phil but he looked like a wrestling manger hanging out with Rahms wife. Get out of the spotlight Leftie.

I had a prime spot near the pin on 18 for Rahms putt, it was amazing and the place went nuts. It seemed like most of the players had a similar putt and everyone was missing it low so it was that much more impressive seeing Rahm hit it. The slope looked nasty and nobody else read it right. Early on it seemed like the whole crowd was pulling for Rory (myself included) but it seemed the whole place switched to Rahm once Rory fell off. It made it pretty amazing with such a big energy pulling for Rahm on that putt. Felt a little bad for Louis, seemed like the whole place wanted a big name winner and his crowd was pretty thin for a final pairing.

Wolff definitely plays fast but DJ plays at a crazy pace. All the other players have detailed talks with their caddies but I barely heard DJ speak to Austin. He just walks up and plays. His miss on 10 landed right next to us so I got to stand a few feet away for his chip and was shocked how fast he played it. Makes it a lot of fun to watch and he seems intimidating to other players. Bryson on the other hand was notably slower than any other player I watched on the day. Scheffler seemed to be getting aggravated waiting so long for him.

That was my first ever live tour event and it was even better than I expected. I will be making it out to as many events as I can in the future. It is absolutely unreal seeing these guys play in person.

Love Phil but he looked like a wrestling manger hanging out with Rahms wife. Get out of the spotlight Leftie.
He and Rahm are good friends and both went to ASU. Rahm was the first to congratulate Phil after his win at the PGA, Phil stuck around to reciprocate.

Back