2021 USGA Final Qualifying - Longest day in golf

captaincaution

@alekbabel -2022 Grandaddy!
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Today is the "longest day in golf" with 9 qualifying sites for the Men's US Open playing 36 holes of golf.

Live scoring is available at: https://www.usopen.com/qualifying/final.html

An old coworker of mine, Kent Monas, who qualified for the Mid-Am and made it to match play, is attempting to qualify as an amateur at the Columbus, OH site, playing among a lot of the pros who are just coming off the Memorial Tournament.

Are you following anyone on their journey to the Open?

Quite the field in Columbus:

One year I am going to take this Monday off work and head to Cbus to watch the drama. Always a ton of PGA players and great courses as well. Springfield CC usually has a decent field as well.

Beau Hossler is off to the hot start in Springfield -4 thru first 5 holes.

Lots around here rooting for and against Spencer Ralston in Atlanta. He knows the course and is off to a good start at -3 the through 4.

I want Rickie to get in. Seems like his game is getting into better shape.

I want Rickie to get in. Seems like his game is getting into better shape.
Right there with you! Following his progress today

Lots around here rooting for and against Spencer Ralston in Atlanta. He knows the course and is off to a good start at -3 the through 4.
Why rooting against?

Columbus locations must be in weather delay or they are terrible at updating scores. No updates since early this morning at only showing 3 or 4 groups that have teed off.

Why rooting against?
It's a family.. thing.. around here. :confused2:. I don't know the ins and outs. I'm pretty new here. Old stuff runs deep though, and memories and beefs are long. I guess the best answer is because people are people. Lol.

what regional are you playing in? Lol

what regional are you playing in? Lol
Uh.. The one with guys that were finishing a roof in the rain this morning because of bad life choices we made when we were young(er)? I'm the champ of that one. lol I'm going to go down and play and chat up a Ralston here in a bit though. Curious to see how he's rooting.

So I was supposed to be a scorer at my club this morning for the qualifier for the Junior Girls Open. And this was the fairway of #1. Needless to say it was pushed to Wednesday. At least I got to see 3 drives and 3 approach shots before they blew the horn.
9f5fc5ba8391108d9234f1e720796f3e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why would they even start if that was coming?!

Columbus locations must be in weather delay or they are terrible at updating scores. No updates since early this morning at only showing 3 or 4 groups that have teed off.
I don’t live too far from Brookside and we had a lot of rain and some thunderstorms come through Columbus this morning. I’m sure there were delays. Someday I need to make time to go watch.

They stopped at 9:15 and started up again around 12:30.

Lot of water hazards on that course. Looks nice but too hard for my current abilities. @Architex

My old coworker Kent finished at -2 for the first round, which is one back of a playoff currently. He had it to -3 on his second nine, but bogeyed to drop to -2. Looks like Brookside has been playing harder between the two courses.

My old coworker Kent finished at -2 for the first round, which is one back of a playoff currently. He had it to -3 on his second nine, but bogeyed to drop to -2. Looks like Brookside has been playing harder between the two courses.
Couple of guys I know shot +6 and + 7 this morning, both good players but was a little surprised when I saw there names on the tee sheet.
Uh.. The one with guys that were finishing a roof in the rain this morning because of bad life choices we made when we were young(er)? I'm the champ of that one. lol I'm going to go down and play and chat up a Ralston here in a bit though. Curious to see how he's rooting.
Spencer playing good thus far, has a chance after morning 18.

The pros are just destroying the soft Brookside Course today. 16 spots up for grabs and about 10 of them are currently tour pros.

Rickie was even through 9. If he doesn’t get a couple under par he is most likely out of it.

The pros are just destroying the soft Brookside Course today. 16 spots up for grabs and about 10 of them are currently tour pros.

Rickie was even through 9. If he doesn’t get a couple under par he is most likely out of it.
Only 4 of the top 16 played Brookside for the first 18. In looking at the scores Brookside is holding up ok thus far. Wyndham Clark's -8 is 4 strokes a head of the next closest score at Brookside

Why would they even start if that was coming?!

Very good question. It is the USGA. So there is that :)

Lot of water hazards on that course. Looks nice but too hard for my current abilities. @Architex

That is an uphill fairway that doesn’t have water on it normally LOL

Currently all 16 spots in the Columbus regional are all tour players with a few qualifiers in line for a playoff on the last spot. Crazy how good those guys are even compared to the best of us average joes.

Back