2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I left this in the back of my mind for a while, letting it mingle with that old, old video of Arthur walking again, and the more recent Joe Rogan podcasts with DDP and the Undertaker.
As a child, some 10 or 11 years old, i used to watch wrestling when i could. It was fairly hard to, because it was rarely on, and if it was, it was in the middle of the night, nestled between advertisements for phone sex that i definitely shouldn't have been watching at that age.
DDP doing yoga now, and apparently doing so quite succesfully... i don't know. If that's not hilarious and awesome, i don't know what is.

On March 1st i signed up for the website and took the pictures. Been doing 1-2 of the shorter workouts every day since to get used to the movements. First full length Diamond Cutter today. Too bad i won't be able to join for the live parts, but those all go to VOD, right?
I believe they do. At least I have seen a ton of them available.

Hell JB is down like 10+ lbs and he hasn't stepped foot in a gym since high school haha.

I went in today to get a drink out of the fridge if that counts?

I love diet and exercise smack talk. :ROFLMAO:

I got my renewed passport back in the mail today with the new photo I took in early January right about the time I changed my diet and before I dropped all the weight i'm in the process of right now. Ugh.

I don't think TSA is going to believe that is me in the photo.

I got my renewed passport back in the mail today with the new photo I took in early January right about the time I changed my diet and before I dropped all the weight i'm in the process of right now. Ugh.

I don't think TSA is going to believe that is me in the photo.

I've got to renew my passport and may give it a month or two to get rid of a chin.

I am currently doing a program with Tempo for intermediates, however, right now I'm really more of a beginner due to the amount of time off I have taken from working out. But, I figured I could still handle the intermediate since I am at least familiar with all the moves and know proper form, etc. Well, Tempo has decided that even though they are calling the program intermediate they will throw some expert classes in there. Needless to say, everything hurts haha. I am being smart though, even if they are saying jump lunges, I am doing regular lunges, or full burpees, I am doing either half, or the pushup on my knees. I'm not going to overdo it where I can't move for a week.

Finished my 60 day MedFit program at the Wellness Center.
Took a Styku scan of my and compared it to a scan I did 1/2019.
I'm 5 lbs heavier however my measurements in my hips, waist and chest are all smaller, Plus my BMI dropped.
Also did a re-evaluation or certain exercises. Blew my original numbers away.
Trainer said it was one of the best re-evals he has seen. Pounding 6 days a week has paid off.
Wife even agreed to let me join the Wellness Center (They will let me suspend my membership during the golf season for $8 a month)
They have a exclusively Golf Exercise program starting at the EOM 12 weeks for $390 1 day a week. Might just do that.

I am currently doing a program with Tempo for intermediates, however, right now I'm really more of a beginner due to the amount of time off I have taken from working out. But, I figured I could still handle the intermediate since I am at least familiar with all the moves and know proper form, etc. Well, Tempo has decided that even though they are calling the program intermediate they will throw some expert classes in there. Needless to say, everything hurts haha. I am being smart though, even if they are saying jump lunges, I am doing regular lunges, or full burpees, I am doing either half, or the pushup on my knees. I'm not going to overdo it where I can't move for a week.
I thought I could do an intermediate Echelon class. Nope. I learned very quickly that I couldn't keep up and finished the ride pedaling at about 60% of the instructor's called resistance levels and about 80% of the cadence.

Now, I either do a beginner's class or a manual ride. I can't change old but I can change my level of fitness which is pretty bad right now and will be pushed to the limit at my stress test tomorrow morning.

245.4. I lost 2.2 this week so last week was a real blowout from the 244 2 weeks ago. I need to find more self-discipline.

@Parrot Still going in the right direction.

I have lost 60 pounds in last 2 years.Just by cutting down on my carbs.14 pounds from my goal.

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk
Great job.... that's fantastic and i hope you hit your goal around wherever your target date is.

Speaking of carbs.... i quit drinking beer in early December and have dropped about 30 lbs. ok maybe 6-8 lbs. of that was from my bout with Covid :rolleyes:
While never a huge believer of the whole "no carb" thing... i guess it really IS a "thing" and has worked for me as well. Keep up the good work!!!

Great job.... that's fantastic and i hope you hit your goal around wherever your target date is.

Speaking of carbs.... i quit drinking beer in early December and have dropped about 30 lbs. ok maybe 6-8 lbs. of that was from my bout with Covid :rolleyes:
While never a huge believer of the whole "no carb" thing... i guess it really IS a "thing" and has worked for me as well. Keep up the good work!!!
Thank you very much, beer high source of carbs, then it was rice.
My target date is fall, I have a cheat day once a week after I lost the first 50. It's slower getting down to my goal this way but I am ok with current rate the end of summer my goal would be achieved.

I haven't fully caught up on reading all of this thread, but I just noticed it and feel I need to jump in on this one. After our 2nd was born in the fall, my wife became a Beachbody Coach and I've lost nearly 10 lbs but I know I've also added muscle weight and I look and feel better than I have in 10 years. And there is still more of my 'dad bod' beer belly that I want to keep working to shed thru this spring and summer. 💪
If anyone is interested in Beachbody then feel free to reach out to me. We could use more people in our Facebook accountability group. I've done the full LIIFT4 program (loved it), some of Shaun T's T25 and Insanity Max, some of P90X3, and currently doing Muscle Burns Fat. We've also been using Shakeology as meal replacements for either our breakfast or lunch each day.

If I have any use of my quads tomorrow I’ll be shocked.

I officially hate surrenders and burpees. They can go F themselves.
They suck and will always suck, but they do get easier..... eventually....

Friday weigh in clocked me at 197.5, so down 7.5lbs in the past 6 weeks. Still have a lot more to go, but glad I'm over the 5lb cliff that I was on for 3 weeks. Now to keep it rolling.

They suck and will always suck, but they do get easier..... eventually....

I agree to all of this. I used to workout all the time so I’m super familiar with them, but having taken a super long hiatus it’s like I’m a beginner again which sucks and reminds me how much those exercises suck.

I have lost 60 pounds in last 2 years. Just by cutting down on my carbs.14 pounds from my goal.

That's fantastic! Keep on trucking!

Friday weigh in clocked me at 197.5, so down 7.5lbs in the past 6 weeks. Still have a lot more to go, but glad I'm over the 5lb cliff that I was on for 3 weeks. Now to keep it rolling.

Attaboy!

Holding steady at 193. I think getting below the 190 threshold is going to require some more extended fasting.

My love of fruit makes losing weight so hard. I don't want to deny myself anything but fruit is so hard to resist. It doesn't really matter what it is but bananas, pineapple, peaches, oranges, berries, halos, and apples are particularly difficult to resist.

Saturday, my neighbor gave me a quart of canned peaches from last summer's crop. A half a peach here and there and I'm halfway through the jar. It's just a half a peach, right? ☹ It's been all I can do not to finish it.

My oldest grandson loves fruit of any kind so my wife buys it when he's spending time with us. I send it home with him now. If it is in the house, I'll eat it.

I'm Parrot and I'm a fruitaholic.

Got in a 45 minute HIIT workout this morning followed by 30 minutes of cycling. I'm exhausted, but feeling good! I'm still not seeing any weight change, but I'm charting my calories and getting in my workouts, so I have to believe it will start to happen soon enough. I just keep reminding myself I'm almost 38, this will be a marathon not a sprint. It's already harder for a woman than a man to lose weight, and now add my age in and I just need to be patient. I'm also have to keep reminding myself that while I have 20lbs to lose, I'm not an obese person, so it's not like it's just going to melt off me, it's going to take time.

My diet is strong now and my workouts are getting better each day, I just need to keep incorporating cardio into my routine and I should start seeing results soon. Even if they are small, I will take it in baby steps as long as it happens.

Got in a 45 minute HIIT workout this morning followed by 30 minutes of cycling. I'm exhausted, but feeling good! I'm still not seeing any weight change, but I'm charting my calories and getting in my workouts, so I have to believe it will start to happen soon enough. I just keep reminding myself I'm almost 38, this will be a marathon not a sprint. It's already harder for a woman than a man to lose weight, and now add my age in and I just need to be patient. I'm also have to keep reminding myself that while I have 20lbs to lose, I'm not an obese person, so it's not like it's just going to melt off me, it's going to take time.

My diet is strong now and my workouts are getting better each day, I just need to keep incorporating cardio into my routine and I should start seeing results soon. Even if they are small, I will take it in baby steps as long as it happens.
Rock on!

I agree to all of this. I used to workout all the time so I’m super familiar with them, but having taken a super long hiatus it’s like I’m a beginner again which sucks and reminds me how much those exercises suck.
I did way too many burpees in bootcamp. I don't want any of them anymore lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back