2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Besides making healthier nutritional choices and exercising more in 2021, there are some other things that absolutely have to happen for any permanent change for me.

1) Time to give up the diet soda habit for good. This stuff is like a drug for me, and I think it screws up my chances to stay healthy. I’m committing to water or nothing in 2021 (or wine - a glass or 2 each week)

2) Better sleep schedule. I can get by with4-5 hours, but that doesn’t mean that’s optimal or healthy. And based on previous attempts to lose weight, if I’m not getting enough solid sleep, the weight doesn’t come off even if I’m eating right and exercising

3) Flexibility is as important now as muscle - I’m getting stiffer each year and it’s starting to affect my golf game and overall enjoyment of life. Yoga and stretching are going on the daily schedule

I plan on getting back on the 100 pushup a day routine. I think it really had me feeling good, more energy, and was really looking forward to it each day. When I got sick, I had to stop (just due to lack of energy), and I want to get back at it again.

I need to start working with my Speed Sticks, but finding a space to do it is really the main sticking point right now (unless I want to do it outside in the snow).

Diet wise, I am going to cut out soda again in January again. I find myself creeping back into not drinking any water, and only drinking soda/tea on a daily basis. May also start cutting out tea in the morning in order to up my water intake.

The creep is real. I’ve got 30+ pounds that slowly accumulated over where I got to in May 2019 and where I’d like to get back. 220 is that spot and my goal. Unfortunately, the 30 I’m talking about now is what I lost to get to 220.

Late 2018, after recovering from some surgery, I joined my wife on this Optavia deal. One of her best friends was a “coach” so we figured what the hell. It was a great way to drop weight quickly. But, not so much for maintaining it. I could only eat meal replacement bars, shakes and pouches for so long. When I played golf, my energy was sapped by 12 or 13, even with adding a “fueling” or two.

I know I need to crack down on portion control and cut out my late night snacking. I need to incorporate more vegetables (no 🍆) in my meals. I plan to go with the intermittent fasting and start with an 8 hour window (12-8) to begin. I’ll add in walking or indoor cycling to get at least 30 minutes a day.

Who’s in? Let’s support each other!

You know I've got a close personal friend who's company specializes in customizing dietary plans and education towards specific goals, and she loves working with athletes! I'm sure if there is a need she'd be happy to help support you.

That might be a good idea. Does she have a website?

She does. I don't know what our rules are about it, so I'm not trying to advertise on her behalf, but I know she's very talented at working within unique constraints or goals. And with the lovely 2020 we are having she's expanded outside of face to face meetings and may be able to help where every you are.

Here is her website:

https://www.peakperformancenutrition.net/

I have gained weight since my kids have been home from college. Tend to have more junk food around the house and ordering in crap. They go back to school soon so I hope to eat better-and exercise more.

Down 40 pounds the last year, 210 to 166. Doing the intermittent fasting (time controlled eating), only eat eight hours a day and only water and black the other sixteen hours. Also more low carb since my wife is doing the KETO diet. She is also down 40+ pounds so there is more than one way. Haven't been at this weight 35-40 years so it can be done.

The creep is real. I’ve got 30+ pounds that slowly accumulated over where I got to in May 2019 and where I’d like to get back. 220 is that spot and my goal. Unfortunately, the 30 I’m talking about now is what I lost to get to 220.

Late 2018, after recovering from some surgery, I joined my wife on this Optavia deal. One of her best friends was a “coach” so we figured what the hell. It was a great way to drop weight quickly. But, not so much for maintaining it. I could only eat meal replacement bars, shakes and pouches for so long. When I played golf, my energy was sapped by 12 or 13, even with adding a “fueling” or two.

I know I need to crack down on portion control and cut out my late night snacking. I need to incorporate more vegetables (no 🍆) in my meals. I plan to go with the intermittent fasting and start with an 8 hour window (12-8) to begin. I’ll add in walking or indoor cycling to get at least 30 minutes a day.

Who’s in? Let’s support each other!
I'm in bro!
I have a good 80 pounds to my target. I have been doing the intermittent fasting since the middle of the year. I was about 315 after I recovered from surgery and I'm about 285ish right now. I haven't been super strict about what I eat though..it was much better when I was.

I'm ready to get back on track

252 this morning. I didn’t weigh the 1st or 2nd because of bowls being played and NYD meal and game day food yesterday.

I’ll weigh every Friday morning. I will watch portion size and try to make protein about 75% of my calories and avoid breads, potatoes and rice. I plan to eat on an intermittent fast type schedule, starting out an 8 hour window 12-8. My plan is to have 2 meals a week when I can have whatever I like. Within reason. If I can keep the weight loss going at minimum 2 lbs per month, I’ll be quite happy.

here we go!

I am trying to get to 185 this year. I am at 192 and I have been intermittent fasting for 8 months. I started at 208.

I'm in. I'm going back to riding bike 3x a week and cutting down on junk snacking. Hoping the gyms open up as I like to swim laps and have the variety of equipment.
Also doing 30 minutes/day of stretching and mobility exercises - noticing it takes longer to warm up on course.

I’m around 190lbs & want to get down to 170-175lbs. It’s going to take work & dedication to get there.

I'm in bro!
I have a good 80 pounds to my target. I have been doing the intermittent fasting since the middle of the year. I was about 315 after I recovered from surgery and I'm about 285ish right now. I haven't been super strict about what I eat though..it was much better when I was.

I'm ready to get back on track

You can do it! I’m consistently weighing in in the high 220’s now, my weight fluctuates a lot due to the extreme amount of water that I drink to try to curb kidney stones. I weighed 278 on 04/01/2020.

I’ve gotta buy some new clothes, my waist was 40-41 inches, now it’s more like 35. My goal was to get to this weight but apparently I don’t carry 225 the way I used to as I still have a bit of a gut. I didn’t 20 years ago at that weight.

So 20# more, in fact I’m going to challenge my boss again this year. He dropped about 20 but put 10 back on. So still a decent year. He’s around 210, so the challenge will be who weighs less at the end of 2021. It kept me motivated this year and I absolutely crushed him, lol. Chemo type medicine may have helped some, 4 days to go and that’ll be done. I’ll have to work at it then.

I need to be in this thread. I have gained about 15 pounds over quarantine/etc and a lot of it is from my increased junk food and alcohol intake. I think I am going to hop back on the DDP Yoga train and see what I can do.

You can do it! I’m consistently weighing in in the high 220’s now, my weight fluctuates a lot due to the extreme amount of water that I drink to try to curb kidney stones. I weighed 278 on 04/01/2020.

I’ve gotta buy some new clothes, my waist was 40-41 inches, now it’s more like 35. My goal was to get to this weight but apparently I don’t carry 225 the way I used to as I still have a bit of a gut. I didn’t 20 years ago at that weight.

So 20# more, in fact I’m going to challenge my boss again this year. He dropped about 20 but put 10 back on. So still a decent year. He’s around 210, so the challenge will be who weighs less at the end of 2021. It kept me motivated this year and I absolutely crushed him, lol. Chemo type medicine may have helped some, 4 days to go and that’ll be done. I’ll have to work at it then.
Awesome job so far! I'm still on a food vacation...geed to get back into the right headspace. We got this

250.4 this morning. I ate a little better but need to do better. I was better with portion control.

192 this morning. I have cut my caffeine intake in the afternoons (ice coffee hog) and had to adjust. I have been doing 3 days of indoor rowing and 3 days of Kettle ball work. Trying to average 3-4 miles of 🐕 walking a day as well.

I've been sitting at around 196 lbs. for a while. Last week found myself up to 202. I don't think that's so much increased consumption Christmas through New Year's as much as re-starting my weight training regimen Dec. 15th. In either event: Now that I'm on my fat loss diet it ought to start coming back down soon.

I'm in. I gained about 8 lbs since mid November and at least half of it came from all the extra beers while on vacation. It's hard to not have 5-6 per day when you start at lunchtime, lol. I'm back to intermitent fasting 5 days a week and have cut back my beer consumption by 50% which by itself is a few pounds worth of calories a month. I'll do my best to get on the Peleton 4 days a week to burn some extra calories. My goal is 180 lbs by early March.

I have terrible eating habits. i love sweets and baked a ton with the kids over the holidays. I work out a lot already. About an hour and a half daily. I plan to get back to spin class now that is socially distanced.Going to cut out what I call obvious sugar. Cookies, cake, shakes, etc for thirty days. Really hard but I am a week in already. I will go back to alcohol only on the weekend. That is usually Friday and Saturday for me. That will get me back to around 190- 185 by end of Feb.

I'm definitely in on the nutrition end. I want to try to lose a few pounds through healthier eating and exercise. I'm somewhat limited as far as exercise because running is my go to and with it being winter and with my reluctance to go to the gym, I'm currently not running. I would consider snowshoeing but despite getting more than 2 feet of snow three weeks ago, there isn't enough snow currently.

I'm in and started December 10th at 201lbs. Weighed this morning and I'm down 13lbs to 188. Goal 170 ish, we'll see.

For food, I cut alot carbs out so it's a keto regime. I don't buy any keto stuff, just eating good whole foods (steaks, fish, and chicken and veggies like asparagus, cauliflower, broccoli) and watching those carbs. For drinks, I replaced Miller Lite beer (still have a few though) with Tito's and soda and eliminated Diet Coke (just soda water now). For exercise, I walk 6-7 miles pushing my cart on weekends, and I walk my dog another 2-3 miles a day. I'm also doing the Superspeed training every other day and on off days, pushups and sit-ups. I started at 1 each, LOL.

Ugh spent so much time deciding which junk food to eat that I just turned around and grabbed a banana instead. On the plus side, my wife is taking initiative to eat healthier. Having a teammate makes these things so much easier!

I joined Noom the other day. I am a moron when it comes to healthy choices. Hopefully it will push me down a better path. It says I will reach my target weight by April 26. I can deal with that.
I did too. I have been tracking all of my calories and workouts in various locations. But I do like the Noom feedback so far. Nothing shattering but it definitely is a helpful motivator.

I lost 45 in 2020 post Convid pretty much eliminating 95% of my alcohol and eating clean Monday - Friday and walking 3-4 times a week. Want to get down another 50 this year as a start. After that I might have another 25 but I am not sure. It says I will reach my goal by June.

I did too. I have been tracking all of my calories and workouts in various locations. But I do like the Noom feedback so far. Nothing shattering but it definitely is a helpful motivator.

I lost 45 in 2020 post Convid pretty much eliminating 95% of my alcohol and eating clean Monday - Friday and walking 3-4 times a week. Want to get down another 50 this year as a start. After that I might have another 25 but I am not sure. It says I will reach my goal by June.
Nice! I am liking Noom so far. It's pretty obvious stuff, but it helps keep you accountable and mindful. I have definitely been eating better and have been exercising consistently. Happy with the progress.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back