2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh, we were out of town for a week and let’s just say the diet was AWFUL, like ice cream every night awful. I was super tired today and really not motivated to do anything, but I got my lazy butt out of my office chair and got a great hour workout in. And as always, because I worked out, it encouraged me to eat healthy the entire day.

Just need to get back into my routine, and hopefully I can undo the damage I did this past week.

I got my lazy butt out of my office chair and got a great hour workout in. And as always, because I worked out, it encouraged me to eat healthy the entire day.

Just need to get back into my routine, and hopefully I can undo the damage I did this past week.

and that’s the deal, getting back to routine even when you don’t feel like it. Good for you keep pressing on.

Ugh, we were out of town for a week and let’s just say the diet was AWFUL, like ice cream every night awful. I was super tired today and really not motivated to do anything, but I got my lazy butt out of my office chair and got a great hour workout in. And as always, because I worked out, it encouraged me to eat healthy the entire day.

My diet tends to get awful at times in the summer. I do not cook as much as i do other times during the year.

I finally got past 215 as i hovered around there for awhile. I hit 214 which was nice to see. Sometimes the scale drives me crazy with the ups and downs.

Down 45lbs now. Started may 11. Between the zoo which here in NC is like a damn mountain hike, and other activities and my nightly exercise I was at about 7 miles yesterday. I was sore today but I still put in 2.85 miles. Problem is my right shin hurt so bad I had to limp home. It's done for at this point and I will have to take at least tomorrow off if not 2 or 3 days. I have not felt pain like this in a while. I've battled shin splints from the get go but this is 3 to 5 times normal shin splint pain. There is no swelling or anything that worries me it just feels like a shin splint on steroids. I got so pumped seeing that 45 lb down number I pushed too hard and now I'll just have to let it heal so I don't do real damage.

I have some foam and hard rollers coming and I am going to start doing exercises to help alleviate future shin splints the most I can. I'm sure my weight has a lot to do with it and hopefully the more I lose the less they happen.

Does the Keto diet work?
It depends on the person and if they are okay with the tradeoffs. I lost over 100 pounds on keto but for me it had to be more of a lifestyle change. When I go back to carbs I can put on weight quickly.

I love this thread. I’ve lost 30+ pounds since March. I train in judo so the weight loss has helped my endurance and my flexibility. A lot of members of competing in a bjj tournament in October so I set a goal to get to 215 by then so I don’t have to compete against the big boys. I have lost a good amount of the weight just by cleaning up my eating. Prior to my trip to myrtle beach I went on a solid two weeks of dinner only style of intermittent fasting and that got rid of some excess water weight and skimmed down my waistline. Prior to my trip to Virginia, I went on a solid week of modified carnivore diet (added eggs) and that helped me get rid of even more water weight and waist line issues.
This week the wife wants to go on this vegan detoxing cleanse so I’m going to be miserable but if it helps, I’m for it.

3lbs loss last week after almost 3 weeks being stuck at a weight.
Puts me down 56lbs for the year.

Went for my annual Physical last Monday, was down 50lbs from August of 2020.
Good Progress, More to be done....

Trying to get things in balance again.. I've been on a plateau for too long this year with my weight due to not sticking with my diet/ exercise plan. Time to right the ship

I really like to go on to an Intermittent Fasting 8/16 schedule. Just don't know if I could give up not putting anything in me until noon (I'm a late dinner eater).

Julie and I are going Keto again today.

I really like to go on to an Intermittent Fasting 8/16 schedule. Just don't know if I could give up not putting anything in me until noon (I'm a late dinner eater).

It is tough for a couple of weeks, but it becomes a lot easier. I have been doing it for probably 3 years now, and I don't even notice it anymore.

After several weeks of traveling back into it tonight. Made shrimp cauliflower fried rice on the Blackstone with a Buffalo and Bleu spice powder from Spiceology. Came out really good

I am down about 35 pounds, and I had something of a "Non-Scale Victory" this week.

My dad and brother came up to KC this weekend to visit, it was a weekend filled with too much alcohol and food. Rather than continue eating on all of the ribs, sides, chips, etc. that we cooked up over the weekend this week, I got back into my routine first thing yesterday morning.

Previously, I would have eaten EVERYTHING until it was gone, but I am proud that I allowed myself to enjoy the weekend, but got right back on track Monday morning.

Injury and extreme joint pain has caused a major slowdown in my working out, and my working out has a direct correlation to my diet, as much as I hate to admit it.

My diet has been a bit all over the place. For the most part it's been good, but my parents were in town for a week, so it wasn't great during that time, and this weekend wasn't great either, but otherwise it honestly hasn't been bad at all. I am fortunate that I really do naturally eat healthy for the most part, so even when I fall, I never fall too hard or for too long. I'm back on track now which is good, but I need to figure out my workout schedule. My brain and my body just aren't on the same page right now and it's super frustrating.

It is tough for a couple of weeks, but it becomes a lot easier. I have been doing it for probably 3 years now, and I don't even notice it anymore.
That’s been my experience too. For example, I had a small urge to eat the cookies/desserts left from my daughter’s bridal shower this morning, but I realized it was a temporary thing, drank some water and it went away.

I know everyone is different, but there’s a lot of ways to do intermittent fasting that should fit into a particular healthy lifestyle

Day 4 back on the train and doing well. Should be back hitting sub 180 by early next week and being home for a couple of weeks straight doesnt hurt.

So, I'm sure that it's only in my head however it seems like the more weight I lose, the more strength I lose as well.
Just not getting the driver distances that I was getting last year.
Anyone experience the same phenomenon?

Yep. I have dropped 25 lbs since jan. My drive is down a yard per pound. Irons have actually improved 5-10 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It depends on the person and if they are okay with the tradeoffs. I lost over 100 pounds on keto but for me it had to be more of a lifestyle change. When I go back to carbs I can put on weight quickly.
That is one bad thing about Keto, it's a lifestyle change for sure - A little bit of carbs to add variety to life - Otherwise, your body "Packs it on"

Yep. I have dropped 25 lbs since jan. My drive is down a yard per pound. Irons have actually improved 5-10 yds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's so interesting because I'm seeing almost the same thing.
Drives me Nuts!!!

After getting to enjoy myself at Shaft up in Wisconsin with @JB and Danny le I am back on the train. I drink Tea with some honey about 7am then will have some mixed nuts and a protein shake at lunch (11:40am or so). Then dinner is usually about 5-5:30 and I try not to have anything after 7pm. This works for me, but a lot of people struggle with not eating for that that long.

Not going full keto but trying to keep my carbs less than 20% of daily calories. Once I finish off this protein power I should be able to cut that down to less than 15%. In just 3 days of it I have already dropped a couple pounds..... Don't expect that rate will continue but if I can drop 1-2 pounds a week for a month that would be a great start.

After getting to enjoy myself at Shaft up in Wisconsin with @JB and Danny le I am back on the train. I drink Tea with some honey about 7am then will have some mixed nuts and a protein shake at lunch (11:40am or so). Then dinner is usually about 5-5:30 and I try not to have anything after 7pm. This works for me, but a lot of people struggle with not eating for that that long.

Not going full keto but trying to keep my carbs less than 20% of daily calories. Once I finish off this protein power I should be able to cut that down to less than 15%. In just 3 days of it I have already dropped a couple pounds..... Don't expect that rate will continue but if I can drop 1-2 pounds a week for a month that would be a great start.

Looking forward to following this @mancest I have a feeling you are going to look very different next time I see you.

Looking forward to following this @mancest I have a feeling you are going to look very different next time I see you.

I did something similar and dropped about 20 lbs then Pandemic life.... well backslid would be putting it kindly. Have been working out 3-5 times a week since gyms reopened here, the diet will be what controls my weight 99.9%. Guessing as I get older that percentage will only go up.

My day is usually Protein Meal bar with Coffee and MCT Oil Powder at 7, Protein Shake at 10, Salad with Chicken, some Blackberries, yogurt, cheese sticks (So more Protein) and Dinner around 7. So I'm 12 on 12 off. Just don't know if I could wait until noon to put something in me.

My day is usually Protein Meal bar with Coffee and MCT Oil Powder at 7, Protein Shake at 10, Salad with Chicken, some Blackberries, yogurt, cheese sticks (So more Protein) and Dinner around 7. So I'm 12 on 12 off. Just don't know if I could wait until noon to put something in me.

I wouldn't automatically push it to noon. Try adding an hour. If your body isn't a fan it will let you know. If it isn't an issue, maybe just have the coffee and MCT oil before having the protein shake at 10 and see how you feel. Then go from there.

I started off eating smaller breakfast, then smaller lunch, then no breakfast, and eventually I got to wear I would just eat 1 big meal for dinner. Not saying that is the goal, but I like it because it gave me a little more flex with what I would eat for dinner. Felt less bad about having a cheat day when I could keep the calories for the day still below 2200 or so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back