2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My day is usually Protein Meal bar with Coffee and MCT Oil Powder at 7, Protein Shake at 10, Salad with Chicken, some Blackberries, yogurt, cheese sticks (So more Protein) and Dinner around 7. So I'm 12 on 12 off. Just don't know if I could wait until noon to put something in me.

I won't lie, it is tough for a couple of weeks, but as I said, you get used to it pretty quickly, or at least I have.

I don't even think about it anymore.

Looks delicious Morgan!

It really was. I've got turkey meatloaf for dinner tonight with a side of mashed cauliflower and oven roasted okra. I got okra in my CSA this week and they said slice them in half and baking them in the oven until crunchy, I will not be disappointed, so I'm going to give it a try.

My biggest problem right now is that I went to Costco over the weekend and bought chocolate covered almonds. I figured for those times when I HAVE to have something sweet, why not mix it with an almond which is healthy, and it's sweet and salty, which is really my preference anyway, and I should be able to just eat 2 and be good to go. WRONG! These things are addicting. I'm in read trouble haha.

It really was. I've got turkey meatloaf for dinner tonight with a side of mashed cauliflower and oven roasted okra. I got okra in my CSA this week and they said slice them in half and baking them in the oven until crunchy, I will not be disappointed, so I'm going to give it a try.

My biggest problem right now is that I went to Costco over the weekend and bought chocolate covered almonds. I figured for those times when I HAVE to have something sweet, why not mix it with an almond which is healthy, and it's sweet and salty, which is really my preference anyway, and I should be able to just eat 2 and be good to go. WRONG! These things are addicting. I'm in read trouble haha.

This is why I cannot have these types of things in my house! I have ZERO willpower when it comes to "just a few."

This is why I cannot have these types of things in my house! I have ZERO willpower when it comes to "just a few."

I normally have really good willpower to just eat 1or 2, but I miscalculated the fact that these not only check off the sweet/salty combo box for me, but they also give me crunch, and I'm a big texture person, so the crunch is what puts it over the edge.

I've hidden them in the back of the pantry, so out of sight and out mind...I hope.

Normally, if I don't have something like that in the house, when I really want something sweet I will end up over eating chasing that one item I really wanted. So instead I keep things like this and one or two and I am good, and it doesn't make a dent in my macros so I'm fine. But these ones....these ones are dangerous.

I just posted this in the recipe exchange thread, and I am pretty sure I have posted this hear before too but if you are looking for a healthy meatloaf alternative I highly recommend this recipe. I don't even really like meatloaf, and I LOVE this. I swapped out the marjoram for Italian seasoning because that's just a personal preference, but it's good either way.

Last night was not a good night for the diet but back at it today!!

I just did 70 minutes of arms and abs. Now I'm trying to eat lunch and I can't get the fork to my mouth. Tomorrow will not be kind to me haha.
Theragun time!!

I don't normally post my actual workouts, but holy crap this HIIT work out was a beast! I was sweating the entire time.

There were a total of 5 rounds, and each round was the same. There was only a 5 second break between sets and only a 40 second break between each round. It went like this:

Dumbbell Alternating Reverse lunge for 60 seconds

5 second break

Dumbbell Goblet Squat for 50 seconds

5 second break

Dumbbell Neutral Grip Curl to Press for 40 seconds

5 second break

Push Ups for 30 seconds

5 second break

Burpee for 20 seconds

5 second break

Plank Ups for 10 seconds

40 second break and then start that all over again for total of 5 times. I was a sweaty mess at the end.

I don't normally post my actual workouts, but holy crap this HIIT work out was a beast! I was sweating the entire time.

There were a total of 5 rounds, and each round was the same. There was only a 5 second break between sets and only a 40 second break between each round. It went like this:

Dumbbell Alternating Reverse lunge for 60 seconds

5 second break

Dumbbell Goblet Squat for 50 seconds

5 second break

Dumbbell Neutral Grup Curl to Press for 40 seconds

5 second break

Push Ups for 30 seconds

5 second break

Burpee for 20 seconds

5 second break

Plank Ups for 10 seconds

40 second break and then start that all over again for total of 5 times. I was a sweaty mess at the end.
I’m hitting my home gym in 15 minutes. I do about 20 minutes of weights, run a 5k, then inversion table and shower. I hate it, i love it, i want more of it!

keep on pressing!

I’m hitting my home gym in 15 minutes. I do about 20 minutes of weights, run a 5k, then inversion table and shower. I hate it, i love it, i want more of it!

keep on pressing!

I switch up my workouts all the time to keep it interesting. Some days I will do 30 minutes of weights and 30 minutes of cardio, or 40-45 minutes of a HIIT class and then 15-25 minutes of abs or yoga. Or 30-40 minutes of weights followed by a boxing class, just depends on the day, and how sore I am. I like to mix it up. My goal is to always get some cardio, a good amount of weights, abs and stretching 5 days a week.

So, I'm sure that it's only in my head however it seems like the more weight I lose, the more strength I lose as well.
Just not getting the driver distances that I was getting last year.
Anyone experience the same phenomenon?

I'm down almost 25 lbs since Jan 1, but I've been lifting heavy & probably put on 5 lb of muscle, especially in chest, shoulders, & triceps (and legs too). I'm actually hitting it farther than ever. Some of this added distance is also better mechanics too.

Officially down 40 pounds, but still 20 pounds from my Pre-Wedding weight.

It is absolutely absurd how quickly weight can be put on relative to taking it off.

Just have to stay the course.

It is absolutely absurd how quickly weight can be put on relative to taking it off.

I think the word you are looking for is infuriating. ;) Big congrats on the progress!

I think the word you are looking for is infuriating. ;) Big congrats on the progress!

Haha that is much more of a fitting word, you are correct.

Thanks! I honestly think once you have been through this process before, it is "easier" in the sense that you know you CAN do it, and you know HOW to do it.

Haha that is much more of a fitting word, you are correct.

Thanks! I honestly think once you have been through this process before, it is "easier" in the sense that you know you CAN do it, and you know HOW to do it.

I see both sides to that. Yes, you know you can, and you know how it worked in the past, but it depends on how long ago that was. 25 year old me could drop weight like it was nothing, 38 year old me has a death grip on it.

I see both sides to that. Yes, you know you can, and you know how it worked in the past, but it depends on how long ago that was. 25 year old me could drop weight like it was nothing, 38 year old me has a death grip on it.

Ya I guess I don't mean the actual weight loss is easier, but I think there is something to be said for knowing that you have done it before, and knowing that it takes a level of dedication and effort that you have put forth before.

Weight loss is "simple" but it isn't "easy". I probably didn't word my first comment as well as I could have.

dude that is some solid weight loss. Anything particular you are doing?

I’m down 15lbs or so and I think I’m at the right weight. I feel a lot better but already need new shorts and pants/slacks.

dude that is some solid weight loss. Anything particular you are doing?

I’m down 15lbs or so and I think I’m at the right weight. I feel a lot better but already need new shorts and pants/slacks.

Just calorie counting and exercising. Same thing I did to lose the 80 pounds or so I lost from my highest to my wedding weight.

Then... COVID happened, I stopped exercising, which for me, goes hand in hand with eating like crap.

Ya I guess I don't mean the actual weight loss is easier, but I think there is something to be said for knowing that you have done it before, and knowing that it takes a level of dedication and effort that you have put forth before.

Weight loss is "simple" but it isn't "easy". I probably didn't word my first comment as well as I could have.

Oh, I totally get it. That was more just me complaining haha because I know I can do it, I have done it before, although I have never let myself get this bad before, but good grief this is a much longer process.

Just calorie counting and exercising. Same thing I did to lose the 80 pounds or so I lost from my highest to my wedding weight.

Then... COVID happened, I stopped exercising, which for me, goes hand in hand with eating like crap.

The bold is 100000% me. When I exercise, I eat better, I want to eat better, I put in the effort at the gym, I want it to count. When I don't work out, I eat like crap, every single time.

The bold is 100000% me. When I exercise, I eat better, I want to eat better, I put in the effort at the gym, I want it to count. When I don't work out, I eat like crap, every single time.

I think it is a reality for most. You want to fuel your workouts with high-quality meals.

Once you stop working out, you just kind of say "eff it" and eat whatever you want.

Even my "cheat meals" now are half of what I would eat on a normal day during COVID. I just don't like how I feel after them, and how my workouts feel for the next couple of days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back