2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

My tempo coach today who thought it would be fun to add this to our group of exercises. It started with a reverse crunch, then tap the floor with your heels, then wind back up and do a reverse burpee. First for 60 seconds during the first round, then 50 second for the 2nd round, then 40 seconds for the 3rd round, then 30 seconds for the 4th round and then 20 seconds for the 5th round. This was just 1 of the 5 exercises we had for each round, and a total of 5 rounds, with only 5 second breaks in between each exercise.

My tempo coach today who thought it would be fun to add this to our group of exercises. It started with a reverse crunch, then tap the floor with your heels, then wind back up and do a reverse burpee. First for 60 seconds during the first round, then 50 second for the 2nd round, then 40 seconds for the 3rd round, then 30 seconds for the 4th round and then 20 seconds for the 5th round. This was just 1 of the 5 exercises we had for each round, and a total of 5 rounds, with only 5 second breaks in between each exercise.

That’s a hard pass. Burpees are just one of those exercises that are like NOPE. I’M GOOD.

I would rather do 4x20 walking lunges with heavy weight in each hand.

That’s a hard pass. Burpees are just one of those exercises that are like NOPE. I’M GOOD.

I would rather do 4x20 walking lunges with heavy weight in each hand.

The Tempo coaches love them some burpees, I am not sure I have made it through a class, even a strength class where they haven't thrown in some burpees. What I am really sick of are plank ups, I never want to do another plank up again.

The Tempo coaches love them some burpees, I am not sure I have made it through a class, even a strength class where they haven't thrown in some burpees. What I am really sick of are plank ups, I never want to do another plank up again.

Plank ups are awful, I can agree with that

Today is a new day.. big plans and time to keep with a routine!!

Today was a HIIT workout day, and damn did I sweat. Felt good to get a good sweat going, and it helped me stretch out my very sore legs from yesterday's workout. I just love HIIT workouts.

Just finished some leftovers for lunch and cooking up some grilled shrimp for dinner tonight.

I go through waves where I enjoy drinking a protein shake, and other times the thought of it makes me want to puke. I'm in the puke feeling right now, so I am going to have to go back to my "pudding". Basically just mix protein powder in a bowl with some almond milk and a little frozen fruit. I really enjoy that a lot, and honestly feels like I am eating a dessert.

So my wife and I recently went to Orlando, traveled as safely as possible, all that, for Disney/Universal. Extreme heat/humidity and walking around all day. Well we got back after 5 days and I discovered I had lost 6 pounds. Recently made a goal to lose 11, and I'm accidentally halfway there already! Though losing weight that fast basically due to hydration isn't the healthiest thing in the world.

But in general I'm trying to force myself into a commitment to do SOMETHING every day this winter — exercise bike, yoga, walk around the neighborhood, golf, etc. — just something physical every day. I'm so bad at keeping to routines so maybe this will be flexible enough.

Accountability time.

Been doing decent. Lost around 15 pounds over the past 5 or 6 weeks...
Been pretty stressed about some stuff, then this morning I sliced my foot open. Damnit.
Going to have to not play golf for a bit to let it heal.

THEN

I was bored and said eff it. I went and got a bunch of food from sonic as a second lunch/early dinner.

Now I feel like crap and I can't even be active.
Was such a bad idea 🤣

I got on the scale this morning and back to where I am comfortable. I said 175 by the time of the Budget Experience and should get there since I am at 176 currently. I have a couple of rough eating days coming up with company in town, but will be so glad to be back at that weight again.

My obliques are screaming today! Also, everyone ate Mexican food for lunch and pizza for dinner. I had 2 hard boiled eggs, a cheese snack square and an apple for lunch and a chicken burger with a side of veggies for dinner. And honestly didn’t feel deprived at all.

I don’t mean to brag or anything, hahaha, but I’m pretty damn proud of myself.

My doctor wanted me to lose weight before my knee surgery next month. Since April I am down 60 pounds. Plan to drop at least 30 more over the next few months
and be in good shape for golf in the spring.

This weekend getaway with my wife has made it tough to stay on track. I'm not completely off the rails but I'll need a really strict couple of weeks once we are back home to get on track again.

This weekend just doesn’t count. For anything lol

Gettin after it on Monday to try and burn it all back off haha

This weekend just doesn’t count. For anything lol

Gettin after it on Monday to try and burn it all back off haha
You and me both!!

First I threw my back out, then I got sick, so my workouts have been put on hold for over a week now. I was hoping to get back into the gym this week, but honestly, I am still really congested and my energy level just isn't there yet. I am straight up exhausted after walking my dog, I can't imagine going through a full workout. I think I will listen to my body and rest the remainder of this week and hopefully next week I can start fresh.

I have been keeping up with my diet though, and actually lost a pound, but I would bet money that's muscle and nothing else. Either way, I didn't gain, so it's a win as far as I am concerned.

Alright, wife has convinced me to start intermittent fasting. Day 2 I'm already angry and my coffee intake is up 3-fold. :mad: :blob:

I have worked my way down to 210.6 lbs! We are going to Cancun in early Nov and the goal is 205 for the trip. This weight cut has not been hard to get going with counting marcros.

I just finished my first workout in over 2 weeks because I was sick. Holy crap that was hard. The workout wasn't hard, and normally I would have breezed through it, but today it killed me. I could barely catch my breath. I have a pretty steep uphill battle to get back to my previous conditioning, but I'll get there. I thought about doing a boxing class after, but I don't have it in me right now. My energy is zapped.

Today's workout was much easier to get through than yesterdays, and I was able to add a boxing class after, although I was pretty spent about halfway through that boxing class.

It's pretty funny, having not workout out in 2 weeks, I lost 3lbs, and I know it's all muscle. That just tells me that even though the scale wasn't moving a lot, I was most definitely gaining muscle. I could see it so I kind of knew, but this just helps reassure me I have definitely been gaining muscle and doing the right things.

I am hoping by next week I can get back into heavier lifting, but for now I'm focusing on cardio more than anything just to get my stamina back.

This morning I’m in the produce section at Publix and this lady is asking where the butternut squash is, so I was trying to help her and show her where it was and she said “oh that’s not what I thought a butternut squash was”, so I said I’m pretty familiar with squash I’m happy to help you if I can. And we started talking and I was explaining to her about how to cook different squash and she said you eat healthy don’t you? I can tell you work out. I wanted to tell her I loved her haha.

Also, some of my XS stuff fits again. Don’t get me wrong, I still have a long way to go, but it’s been a very body positive day. :)

Officially down 55 pounds, almost back at my wedding weight!

We have friends coming over for OU Texas today and I’m doing pork belly burnt ends and a bunch of sides, so that will jump back up, but will get right back into the routine tomorrow.

Accountability time.

Been doing decent. Lost around 15 pounds over the past 5 or 6 weeks...
Been pretty stressed about some stuff, then this morning I sliced my foot open. Damnit.
Going to have to not play golf for a bit to let it heal.

THEN

I was bored and said eff it. I went and got a bunch of food from sonic as a second lunch/early dinner.

Now I feel like crap and I can't even be active.
Was such a bad idea 🤣
Me too, my brother, but I’m up 20 over where I started the year. That’s on my lazy ass not a bad knee.

Let’s get it back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back