2021 weight loss and nutrition thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a minute, but I finally restarted the DDPY program this morning. Went with the intermediate 2.0 again, being that I had great results last time. So it begins, 13 weeks of hearing “make DDPY your own”, “just step in” and “HULK IT OUT!”

My plan is to lose about 10 pounds and trim up the waistline. I am going to try to work in some light cardio on off days as well.
How long are the units of DDPs Yoga program?

How long are the units of DDPs Yoga program?
In the standard programs, the longest are an hour, a few are 45, but most are around 30. Some days the units stack, with one being 30 coupled with a red hot core that lasts about 12 minutes. Fewer times, it will stack two longer units to total about an hour and 15, if I recall correctly. Its 3 times a week, mostly. I found it to be one of the easier programs to commit to from a time commitment standpoint, and you can edit the program schedule in case something comes up.

They also offer some live and individually selectable classes.

Dropped 4 lbs the past 4 days. Doing 16/8 fasting and cutting my Coca Cola intake by half in effort to eliminate them completely (one day)

Dropped 4 lbs the past 4 days. Doing 16/8 fasting and cutting my Coca Cola intake by half in effort to eliminate them completely (one day)
i used to drink nothing but Coca Cola. 3, 4 liter bottles a day.
Parents enabled it, and kept the supply coming even when i told them not to.
I found that while willpower is a nice asset, it is better spent once at the store than 16 hours a day with a crate of soda staring into your soul from down the hallway. Heck, i even found some leftover willpower to do other useful things.

Started jogging again now that the weather has improved. Hope to lose the winter gain. This low carb regime is becoming boring but it does work so I will stick to it but have some treats to take the edge off.

Anybody else try Hemp Hearts? Damn things are good, 0 net carbs and good protein and fats. I sprinkle 3 tbsp. a day in salads, tuna/chicken salads, scrambled eggs etc.

No I don’t get high. 😀

8EA33357-AA96-4509-85E4-6E7F86E36CD7.jpeg

5F2B274E-326B-45A6-BA24-D10F6EA0267A.jpeg

I've been stalled the first 2 months of 2021. Been working basically 10-14 hour days with only a couple weekend days off. Causing me to eat terrible especially on the weekends. I have not gained weight and am net down 3 pounds for 2021 but that is not the same pace I should have been based on walking actively and works outs. Going to change going forward. Want to get fit for later this spring and summer after day light savings when I go am able to golf more. Definitely going to start playing more morning rounds during week pre-work.

I started out 2021 with the best of intentions, but fell off the wagon, nutrition-wise :( By happy coincidence: The last day of this month is a Sunday and, when I'm on a fat-loss regimen I always interval fast Sunday evening through noon, Monday. So I'm going to re-start my fat loss program this-coming Sunday and hit March running.

I have been better with my exercise commitment. Not so much on the cardio front, but I have at least got my three weight-training days per week in, with few exceptions. Plus there's been a lot of snow-shoveling these last couple weeks.

Having just gone through it, colonoscopy prep reduced my weight by 6 lbs. Including the foods we're allowed the day before... Jello etc, in my case 0 calorie. And the actual prep.

I was less than 6 lbs to my goal of 100... Until I got home from the procedure. I guess my diet will continue!

245.2 this morning. I did intermittent fasting (8/16) most days and added a Subway protein bowl for lunch. My water intake was much better and I’m down to one Coke a day. This week for supper I’m going to add homemade protein bowls instead to control my evening carb intake.

Down to 200 from 205 as of today. Been at it for 3 weeks with doing rowing exercises 4 days a week. Using MyFitnessPal to track calories and trying to stay within those limits. 1500 per day unless a workout is involved than it increases by 300 or so. Anyway, slowly starting to see the scale match what I'm feeling. Gotta keep at it and not let weekends get away from me.

I’ve got a 15 week streak on the Tonal going!

I purchased a rowing machine about a month ago. Been spending an hour on it every day since I got it assembled. A lot quieter and don't wake up the kids when I do it earlier in the morning. Plus it's a lot easier on these old bones. I throw the tablet up on the stand and just zone out and watch a show for an hour.

I keep fluctuating with weight. Lost 8 lbs right away, then a few came back. I feel stronger and leaner, but the weight is still going up and down. Having kids is a grind man. Trying to eat healthy with them around is a nightmare. LOL.

I have been better with my exercise commitment.
I've gotten back on track this week, too, hitting the rower every other day. I missed my stationary bike time last night because of other obligations, but don't feel too bad about it as I got in a lot more walking at work yesterday.

Admittedly, reading that you guys also struggle with this same stuff is kind of inspirational.

I purchased a rowing machine about a month ago. Been spending an hour on it every day since I got it assembled. A lot quieter and don't wake up the kids when I do it earlier in the morning. Plus it's a lot easier on these old bones. I throw the tablet up on the stand and just zone out and watch a show for an hour.

I keep fluctuating with weight. Lost 8 lbs right away, then a few came back. I feel stronger and leaner, but the weight is still going up and down. Having kids is a grind man. Trying to eat healthy with them around is a nightmare. LOL.
Dude, preach it about the kids. I have a 13yo, 3yo and 8mo. It's constant chaos and always a struggle with food around the house. I feel like the rowing machine work I've been doing has me feeling leaner and I can tell a big difference in my posture, but I wish the weight would fall off quicker. Anyway, same struggle here man, keep at it!

Dude, preach it about the kids. I have a 13yo, 3yo and 8mo. It's constant chaos and always a struggle with food around the house. I feel like the rowing machine work I've been doing has me feeling leaner and I can tell a big difference in my posture, but I wish the weight would fall off quicker. Anyway, same struggle here man, keep at it!

I have a 3yo and 1.5yo. And working at home there's always snacks or things they will eat that I end up grabbing during the day. Plus I always feel like I'm finishing the meals they don't finish.

I'm hoping once the nicer weather comes around more consistently I can start adding a morning or evening run to the list and maybe I'll see better results. But once again - kids and finding time to get out is sparse.

Nice! I'm doing a lot of intermittent fasting myself - I think it's helping a lot, with minimal impact on effort from me so far.

Finally breaking the diet soda addiction is the best thing I've done this year. Not one diet coke since Jan 1, and I don't miss it now at all. And I used to be able to polish off a 2L on a near-daily basis.

What else I don't miss? Feeling bloated & feeling like my gut was gonna explode all the time. I've made other nutritional changes, but probably none more important than this.

Because I'm not drinking diet soda, I don't slip into that habit of needing "just a few chips" or "just a few pretzels" to go along with it - and next thing I know I've polished off an entire bag of worthless calories.

Went up over 200 last year and finally decided to do something about it earlier this year. Have started doing some at home workouts via YouTube videos and have ditched soda except for 1 coke zero a day. I've drank more water in the past month than I have in the past 3 years. Down 10lbs so far and already feel better. Looking forward to the next 10
Keep it up, Nerdy! Ditching the soda is a great move.

Like others have said in here about not being good at drinking water, I am the worst at it. I can go an entire day without taking a single sip of liquid except my coffee in the morning, it's so bad.
Wearing a mask all day at work has really cut back on my water drinking. A whole day can go by before I realize I haven't taken a drink from my hydroflask.

I know a guy in Texas who makes his own kale chips, and uses them for everything from snacks to chips for nachos.

Never had them, but they sound awful.

Same here! Sound like a colossal waste of time!

I won't lie, they aren't great, but they aren't the worst healthy thing I have eaten before. Kale in general is just very bitter, so you have to go into it expecting that flavor.

So why not try to doctor it up with some spices? Even bitter salad greens can be balanced by a dressing that contains some sweetness.

If you really want to drop weight, get rid of the Coke entirely! Also, whatever accompanies it. You didn't mention chips, but there had to be something else to make it so attractive!

I cut both of those out of my diet cold turkey! You cannot believe how fast the weight dropped off of me!

Officially down 15lbs since the second week of January. Lettttttssssss GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I want more. lol

Officially down 15lbs since the second week of January. Lettttttssssss GOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 I want more. lol
The race is on! I’m down 14 lbs over the same time frame.

Biting the bullet and heading to to Crossfit starting Monday. I went 5 days a week for over a year about 5yearsago with good results and enjoyed it. After returning to work after being furloughed for months i find myself with excruciating lower back pain and having to sit and take breaks since i'm so out of shape. It will be a tough couple of weeks getting started but I need to lose the lbs and get back into shape.

I just bought a tub of Iso XP New Zealand Whey vanilla because I am tired of the Vega Sport, and this stuff is awesome. Sweetened with Stevia, but you don't get that after taste that you normally do with stevia. 25gr protein and 110 calories for one scoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back